Maybe I do...

Sing Me a Melody

♫I tried to empty my mind from the thought of you
You lived in my heart but
I cried like a fool for you and
Looked for you and
I thought I could die ♫
*자리비움from by Secret

 

”Hey Minji!” Kikwang cheerfully waved at Minji as she walked towards her desk.

”Oh hey Kikwang!,” Minji answered. She glanced at the empty desk beside hers and asked, “Oh, where’s Yumi,?”

He shrugged, “I guess not here yet.”

Lee Kikwang has been close friends with Minji and Yumi since their freshman year. He annoys Yumi a lot and Yumi usually calls him —-

”Oh, so the almighty flirt is here,” Yumi said annoyingly with one eyebrow raised and placed her bag at the seat in front of Kikwang and besides Minji.

”What happened? Don't you two usually come to school together?” Minji asked confused.

”I don’t know. Ask him,” Yumi glared at Kikwang. “I’ve been waiting for this guy for a long time. I was almost late too and then I find out from his sister that he already went ahead.”

”My bad, I had to accompany my friend early to school. I texted you though, did you not get it?” Kikwang asked.

”Oh…” she trailed as she took her phone from her pocket and checked.

Kikwang added, “…plus, did you not see that my motorcycle was not in the driveway?

”Oh whoops….” Yumi remarked, trying to cover her embarrassment.

”Yeahh… Uh-huh, I thought so. You better say whoops…” he commented, purposely annoying Yumi.

Yumi just glared back at him and she was going to start bickering at Kikwang again someone sighed and sat near the window besides Kikwang.

Kikwang turned and asked, “Hey, what’s wrong?”

“Tcht- those girls won’t stop stalking me... and whenever I look at them they just squeal.”

"Haha, isn't that nice then, the girls are paying attention to you," Kikwang said.

"But I don't want their attention. It's so early in the morning, it's annoying. Don't they have better things to do."

"Is it really annoying or someone else have caught your attention?" Kikwang asked while raising his eyebrows.

"Yeahh.. A gloomy beauty…"

"HAAA? What are you talking about? Can you hear what you're saying? Have the girls made you crazy? If I were you, I would be glad to have their attention, it will be easy to get myself a girl then, right Yumi?" Kikwang said emphasizing the last part to annoy her some more.

"Stop talking to me, you flirt," Yumi rolled her eyes.

"Pshh, Minji-ah why is Yumi so mean to meeeee?" Kwikwang pouted.

Minji turned to answer him, "Who knows? Maybe coz you left her earlier," she shrugged.

"But didn't I said---" Kikwang started saying.

"Oh hey, Min-ah!"    

”Ooooh yeahhh, Minji, I forgot to introduce you to my childhood friend. This is Junhyung, he just moved near our house recently,” Kikwang said.

Minji looked behind her and scoffed glaring at Junhyung, ”Ugh, You…”

”Oh cool, you guys already met?” Kikwang asked while Minji continued glaring at him.

”Wait…. is that why you left earlier and didn’t wait for me?” Yumi interrupted.

”Haha, yeahhh. He had to get his basketball uniform,” Kikwang answered. “Wait—- so how did you two meet?” Kikwang turned his attention back to Minji. “I know I introduced Junhyung to Yumi yesterday at the cafeteria but you just walked off when I called you.”

While Minji was busy sending piercing daggers at Junhyung, he answered, “Uhh I saw her sleeping here yesterday after basketball practice so I woke her up.”

Kikwang and Yumi turned to look at each other and they both said, “Uh oh…”

”You shouldn’t have… That’s why we left her there because she hates being woken up,” Yumi said.

”Oh…hahaha.. umm… is that why she’s glaring at me?” Junhyung nervously laughed while pointing in front of him at Minji.

”Hahaha, probably,” Kikwang laughed. “Minji-ah, stop scaring my friend.”

Minji turned to glare at Kikwang instead but Junhyung extended his hand and said, “Well, before I forget... here. You left your phone on your desk yesterday, that’s why I ran after you and grabbed you when you almost got hit by a car but then, you spazzed at me. Geez… not even a small thank you… or unless, you wanted to die.”

Minji grabbed her phone and mumbled, “Well maybe I do,” while she turned to look at the window, feeling a burning gaze at her back.