Endplate King - Episode 4

Rookie King One-Shots

     “Da Da DA” the members said as Namjoon, the king of this endplate game, removed the lid of the tray to reveal the sixth mission.

     “Frozen Flowers?” the members collectively said as they read what was on the card.
  
     “Is that the Frozen Flowers I know of?” Namjoon said. He was referring to the 2008 film with the same name, that followed two men as they followed their hearts. It is also rated Mature, with a age range, because of the characters violation of rules with their chasing of gay love.

     And he is right. But he doesn’t know that yet.

     “Isn’t this movie rated ?” Seokjin said, smiling out of concealed embarrassment.

     With unconcealed embarrassment, Namjoon commented that there are minors in the room at that point, which is true. Jungkook and Taehyung have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, with Jungkook even looking around like a startled fawn, asking “What?” and never getting an answer back. Although Jimin, who was also a minor at the time, knew the context of the movie.

     “The one I know of has Jo In-sung shii and … Joo Jin-mo shii?” Suga said, deep in thought. He then raised his head with disbelief. “That can’t be!”

    And then as Namjoon does his leader thing, talking about the movie, Jimin cleverly threw Namjoon under the bus when he reminded the group that Namjoon only turned 20 recently. Namjoon confirmed the fact, then quickly redirected the conversation, getting a laugh out of everyone.

     Namjoon distracted everyone from his juvenile tactics by spreading out the cards that everyone in the group panics at. Everyone grabbed a card, all thinking So long as it’s not me! They all place their card near the center, prepared to flip it, all dreading the consequence.

     “Now, let’s flip it!” Jimin said, wanting to get it over it.

     Namjoon put his hand out as a starter as he counted, curiously anticipating. “One, two, three!”

     The members all flip their cards, looking for the dreaded skull. And as they look at the cards they see it in their oldest hyung’s hand. 

     “YEEAAAHHHH!!” the others exclaimed, excited by their escape of the punishment. But they were not prepared to Seokjin yelling “Yeah!” as well, cheering for getting that card. The members looked at him with growing confusion and shock as he continued cheering.

     “Wait, wait!” Yoongi uttered, quieting Seokjin down. “Why on earth would you like getting a punishment?”

     “I still have that,” Seokjin replied, gesturing to their leader. Namjoon thought for a moment, then exclaimed as he remembered, and Seokjin continued cheering as the other members realized as well. Taehyung patted Jungkook on the back as Jungkook stayed frozen.

     Previously in the game, in the third round, Jungkook got the punishment to drink poison, which was really an extremely bitter Sophora tea. As he started drinking it, the bitter taste was so overpowering that he only took two sips before he grimaced, yelling due to his agonized taste buds. As he attempted and failed to deal with the flavor, Seokjin ran his pinky on the rim of the bowl and tried it, and after, said that the flavor was fine for him. Jungkook offered him the drink, and Seokjin drank it all. But before drinking it, Seokjin asked for a privilege for doing this, and Yoongi offered that if Seokjin got a punishment, it would go to Jungkook instead. They accepted it, and the game went on.

     And oh boy, was Jungkook regretting it now. He snuck a peek at Seokjin, seeing Seokjin cheering at avoiding the punishment. Jungkook didn’t want to do this. The punishment was a five second kiss with another member. A kiss. Jungkook didn’t want to kiss any random member! The ONE PERSON he would be okay with- no, he would be elated at kissing was the one that was currently cheering at not being chosen.

      Yes. Jungkook liked Seokjin. Of course he did! Seokjin was not only gorgeous, because hello, visual, but Seokjin was also always so kind and caring. Seokjin helped him, and made him laugh, and cooked for him. And not only that, but he worked so hard! Seokjin was okay with Jungkook correcting him, even though Jungkook is younger, because he knows that he needs to improve and he’s fine with it. 

     So, yeah. Jungkook liked Seokjin. Which is why he wasn’t happy that he was going to have to kiss someone else, even if it’s just for this game.

     But unbeknownst to him, someone else was starting to dread his kiss as well.

     As Seokjin stopped cheering for himself, the results of this round fully registered to him. Oh god. Jungkook has to kiss someone. Jungkook has to kiss someone. Seokjin’s smile faltered as he took this in. He looked at the member, not wanting this outcome. Yes. Seokjin liked Jungkook. And yes, Seokjin knows it’s irresponsible, since Jungkook is a minor as well as five years younger.

     But Seokjin couldn’t help it! You can’t help who you fall in love with. Jungkook was just so cute, being all respectful, and yet he’s still the devilish maknae! Jungkook is also the golden maknae, as he has a beautiful voice, he can dance, he can rap, and he is adorably good looking, as Seokjin mentioned earlier. And Jungkook, even though he does tease, is willing to help Seokjin dance, which Seokjin is so thankful for. SO IT’S NATURAL that Seokjin would develop feelings. 

     But now Seokjin was going to have to watch his loved one kiss someone else. And Seokjin was not happy.

     And then Seokjin and Jungkook were snapped out of their unhappy dazes as Yoongi mentioned that they also need a receiver in the kiss, so it was a two person punishment, actually. Jimin proposed going one more round to pick the second person, and the members, except the king, grabbed their cards and held them in the middle. Jungkook was very anxious in this round, so much more than anything other round he could imagine. 

     Jimin started counting. “One, two, three!”

     The members flipped their cards, and they peered to see the skull in the hands of none other than the previous recipient. Time was frozen, but only for a moment, as the members started cheering when they realized that their broad-shouldered hyung wouldn’t be getting out of his punishment after all! 

     Seokjin looked up at Jungkook in horror only to see Jungkook’s eyes expressing the same emotion back at him. The fates had avoided having Jungkook kissing someone else, which Seokjin was thankful for, but the fates also decided to mess with him since he now had to kiss the person he had garnered a rising attraction for! Oh sweet lord above, please help him!

     Jungkook was no better. He now had to kiss his much-adored hyung! The one he’s loved for so long! The one that was cheering because he didn’t have to kiss anyone. Oh, heavens above.

     But truthfully, they both dreaded this kiss because the expected reaction to the kiss was to pull away in disgust. And neither of them wanted to see their loved one react like that to their kiss. That would be enough to break anyone’s heart.

     Yoongi brought out the bright red lipstick and applied it to Seokjin’s lips as Seokjin was preparing himself for pain. Heartbreak. Whatever you call it. 

     The members stood, Jungkook and Seokjin moving to the front and facing each other, the others moving to see them from the back. The two placed their hands around each others necks, hearts beating out of their chest with rising anxiety. Seokjin looked at Jungkook to see Jungkook looking down, avoiding all eye contact, nervously nibbling on his lip. Seokjin took in a deep breath.

     “Okay,” Seokjin said, waiting for Jungkook to look at him. “Let’s do this,” he bravely said, even though he really didn’t want to. 

     The members started counting, and Jungkook and Seokjin both started moving forward, but both moving back at the same time, unwilling to start. But by a of bad luck, or fate maybe, Jungkook slightly slipped, not enough to fall, but enough to propel him forwards, his puckered lips falling onto Seokjin’s own. 

     The two looked at each other in shock, the others watching from the back. Right now, it was just two mouths together. Pretty boring, as it sounds. But then Jungkook started moving his lips, and it sent such a spark running through their bodies, that the worries the two had shared just melted away as they embraced each other. Their eyes closed in ecstasy as they wrapped their arms around each other, desiring to bring each other closer. And if the two noticed that the others’ eyes were about to pop out of their heads in shock, which is highly unlikely, considering how invested they were in each other, they didn’t do anything about it.

     Seokjin brought his hand to cup Jungkook’s face, tilting it to bring even more from the the kiss. Jungkook let out a whine and brought his hands up to Seokjin’s soft hair, entangling his fingers in them and feeling the soft tendrils. Seokjin felt a wave of arousal rush through him when he heard Jungkook’s whine, and he pulled Jungkook even closer, which was kind of impossible at that point. They continued kissing, so full of passion, until their lungs were literally going to collapse from lack of air. Their lips broke apart, arms still around each other and bodies pressed up against one another as they took in deep breaths, eyes closed and mouths smiling.

     They both slowly half opened their eyes, still dazed from the beautiful kiss. They just smiled lovingly at each other, not even taking in the shocked faces of everyone around them, and not even realizing that the kiss was caught on camera. Of course not. They were too in love to care.

     Jungkook looked down at the ground, still dazed, then looked up into Seokjin’s eyes. 

     “Soo… Boyfriends?” Jungkook asked, quirking an eyebrow at Seokjin while also giving a really hopeful face. 

     Seokjin chuckled lightly, looking at Jungkook, full of affection. “I'd love to.”