X-Men

Rookie King One-Shots

    The members were standing in a room in their agency, disappointed. They had just been told that their plans to go outside were cancelled because there was heavy rain at the moment. But they were all confused as to why they were called to the room.

 

    Their manager approached them, holding some very familiar cards.

 

    “Wait,” Namjoon said. “Aren’t those the cards we helped the crew color in?”

 

    The manager nodded and handed the cards to Yoongi. “Since our plans were cancelled, we decided to do a BTS version of the show X-man. Do you remember the show?”

 

    “Of course we do!” Hoseok said. “That show is iconic! We’re bringing it back!”

 

    “But why’d you give me the cards?” Yoongi asked, shuffling through the cards he held.

 

    “Because you are going to be the MC,” the manager said, turning to return back to the crew.

 

    “Oh.”

 

   The crew started setting up the camera equipment as the members talked within themselves, excited at the new show they are doing. Jungkook smiled since he was eager, but when Seokjin rustled his hair while smiling down at him, his smile widened into his big bunny smile, a tingle running down the length of his body.

 

   Their manager then explained how this was going to work. The members would split into two teams. One by one, each person would enter a separate room and answer the phone, putting the earbuds in. There, they would be told whether they were the X-man or not. The person chosen as X-man was supposed to sabotage their team by purposely messing up, but without being obvious. After everyone was given a role, they would go on to perform 5 events randomly chosen. After the events were finished, and a team won, the members would guess who they thought the X-man was. If the members manage to guess, everyone but the X-man gets food. If they don’t guess correctly, only the X-man gets the food.

 

    The members nodded with excitement, then moved to pick teams. The teams were Namjoon, Jungkook, and Taehyung, against Hoseok, Jimin, and Seokjin. Jungkook was disappointed that he wasn’t on the same team as Seokjin, but as Taehyung rubbed his shoulder, he thought that it might still be fun.

 

    The cameras started rolling and Yoongi, being the excellent host he is, did a wonderful job of belittling the work the crew did for the game. But he did succeed in introducing the game. The members started getting called to be given their roles.

 

    Jungkook was nerve wracked as he waited. He heard his name, and walked towards the room, trying not to trip over his own two feet in anxiousness. He slid the earbuds in as he swiped to the right on the phone. He held the earbuds in as he listened.

 

    “You are not the X-man.”

 

    Jungkook, having told not to give anything away to the cameras, gave a poker face. But inside, he was sighing in relief. He took the earbuds out and left the room, not giving any indication of what his role was.

 

    After everyone was finished being assigned their part, Yoongi started again, announcing what the first game would be: Hat Removal. The crew brought out the connected hats, and Jungkook noticed something. The two people would have to stand really close together…

 

    Yoongi called out Taehyung and Jimin to go up against each other. Due to Taehyung’s strange breath, Namjoon’s team got a victory. The group questioned whether Jimin was the X-man, because Taehyung’s breath actually didn’t smell. And they believed Jungkook because of Jungkook’s sensitivity to scents.

 

    Yoongi then called everyone back to order. “Okay, now the next two people facing off will be…” Jungkook smiled at Taehyung. “Jungkook and Jin-hyung!”

 

    Jungkook’s smile dropped into a barely hidden expression of horror. The two walked towards the duct tape lines, Seokjin moving confidently, Jungkook dragging his feet. They stand face to face and wear the hats.

 

    Jungkook smiled and said, “So embarrassing,” when in all honesty, he was trying to distract himself from his fast beating heart. He was so close to his hyung. Those big, brown eyes were so close and Jungkook swore he could see the universe in them. He would look into those eyes for all of eternity.

 

    As you can probably tell, Jungkook’s got it bad.

 

    Yoongi held up the cards. “Okay, ready… set… start!”

 

    “Jungkook-ah,” Seokjin said. “Don’t move.” Seokjin brought a single finger to touch Jungkook’s lips, and then he placed his hands on Jungkook’s shoulders as he moved forward.

 

    Jungkook subconsciously knew Seokjin was doing this because he thought Jungkook would move back. And Jungkook subconsciously knew he was being filmed. And Jungkook subconsciously heard the cries of disgust and groans made by the other members, as they saw what Seokjin was doing.

 

    But all Jungkook could consciously see was Seokjin moving closer, with the intent of a kiss. Those brown eyes looking into his own, half-lidded. Those lavishly pink, plump lips, slightly puckering and moving closer to his own. Jungkook knew what he shouldn’t do. But he had dreamed of this moment for so long, he couldn’t control himself. His resolved snapped, and he moved.

 

    Jungkook wrapped his hands around the back of Seokjin’s neck, and then he slammed their lips together. Seokjin’s eyes widened in surprise.

 

    The other members were shocked into silence, just staring and trying to process what just happened, Seokjin included.

 

    Jungkook moved his lips against Seokjin’s, trying to warrant a response. When nothing came, he gave a displeased high-pitched whine and tilted Seokjin’s head, making their heads fit together better and making the kiss more enjoyable. He kissed with so much passion, he was light headed, he was giving his all to the kiss.

 

    But Seokjin still wasn’t responding.

 

    Jungkook, getting increasingly irritated by Seokjin’s lack of movement, brought one of his hands to cup his hyung’s face, as he nibbled Seokjin’s bottom lip. He then gently pushed his tongue into Seokjin’s mouth, dancing with Seokjin’s tongue and exploring the cavern. Seokjin’s eyes, if possible got even wider.

 

    Jungkook was now pressed up fully against Seokjin, kissing him like his life depended on it. His mind was hazy with lust, and he was pretty sure that he was close to completion just from that.

 

    But something was itching under his skin. The kiss didn’t feel right, because the other party wasn’t doing anything. Jungkook pulled away, hands still around Seokjin’s neck, feeling slightly disillusioned, but definitely not dissatisfied. Jungkook’s eyes were close as he took in deep, heavy breaths like he just ran a marathon.

 

    He opened his eyes, still half lidded because of his desire, only to see Seokjin’s stunned face. And then Jungkook felt like ice water was poured on him as he remembered where he was: in his company, surrounded by s and the crew who just saw everything, and he was being filmed.

 

    Jungkook looked at Seokjin with horror before instinct kicked in. Jungkook shoved Seokjin away, so hard that Seokjin fell, and sprinted out of the room, head down, not making eye contact with anyone and attempting to keep his rapidly pooling tears from spilling out. He didn’t stop at the cries of “Jungkook!” coming from s.

 

    Because he didn’t hear the one voice he wanted to hear.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Jungkook was curled up at the corner of the dorms, his heads between his knees and his arms wrapped around himself protectively, trying to make himself as small as possible.

 

    The other members had come home hours ago, and when they saw Jungkook, things got pretty awkward. But the members cared for their maknae, and one by one they tried to coax Jungkook out of his position. Members like Taehyung and Jimin tried joking and playing. Members like Yoongi and Hoseok tried understanding and giving advice. And Namjoon tried awkwardly asking Jungkook to share his feelings. None of them worked. Jungkook sat in the same positions, not moving an inch since he first sat there. The members eventually had to give up, and left Jungkook alone thinking he needed space.

 

    Until one last person tried.

 

    Jungkook heard someone approaching him. He had heard this before. He was tired. He knew the others had good intentions, but none of them could understand how he felt. He just kissed his love in front of everyone, and he was sure that no one would support it. Least of all the other party. He just needed to cry.

 

    The person sat next to him, and gently place their hand around Jungkook’s wrist. The fingers were slightly rough, with his senses of touch telling him that the fingers were also long and gangly. Jungkook took in a sharp breath. There was only one person with crooked fingers.

 

    “Jungkook?” Seokjin said softly, still holding Jungkook’s wrist. Jungkook stiffened, and Seokjin took this as a good sign. “We need to talk.”

 

    Seokjin waited, but Jungkook didn’t move. Seokjin sighed. “But I’m not going to until you look up so I can see your face,” Seokjin said, giving him an ultimatum.

 

    Seokjin waited once more, and after a couple of moments, Jungkook slowly lifted his head. He was looking at the ground, clearly seeking to avoid eye contact with him. Seokjin accepted this.

 

    Seokjin smiled and proceeded to talk about what they needed to talk about. “So, you have a crush on me?”

 

    Jungkook nodded, still looking at the ground. Seokjin smiled at him again.

 

    “I’m flattered, Jungkook, honestly. To think the golden maknae would have a crush on silly, old me.”

 

    Jungkook started smiling against his will, gently shoving Seokjin. “Stop it, hyung,” he said, smiling throughout, blushing slightly.

 

    Seokjin gasped dramatically. “He speaks! Oh, great being, what did I do to deserve the honor of hearing your magnificent voice?” he said, highly exaggerated.

 

    Jungkook started laughing showing his bunny teeth at his hyungs foolishness. But he also felt a pang in his heart, because it was this which cause him to fall in love.

 

    When he stopped laughing, he turned to his hyung, who was looking at him with a smile. Jungkook smile fell. He didn’t know what was happening. As Jungkook watched, Seokjin moved so his back was leaning on the wall right next to Jungkook, and he gently took Jungkook’s hand in his own. He gently linked their hands together, and looked to the front, small smile on his face.

 

    Jungkook looked down at their intertwined hands, looked back up at Seokjin, and then smiled. He followed Seokjin’s example as he leaned back and looked to the front, the two smiling sweetly in unison.