Chapter III

Choice & Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jennie POV

 

@Schipol Airport

Jennie confuse thought about Sehun, who being drag out by three man are disappear when she heard her mother voice who call her name. “Jennie~ya”. Jennie turn her face toward her mother who waving her hand toward her. Jennie feel so excited, then, she start running toward her mother and hug her mother. “Hai mom! I’m not expecting you to pick me up directly by your own in the airport! I thought that Mr. Park (The Chauffeur of Jennie family) who will picking me up here.” She smiled broadly to her mother while still hugging her.

 

“I miss you a lot, and can not wait to see you, my only daughter.” Her mother said that while pinching her cheeks affectionately. “Therefore, I directly picking you up here by my own” Her mother said again.

 

“Ooohhhh. Thank you so much mom! I love you very, very, very much.” Jennie said to her mother. “I’m so hungry, did you cook my favourite food?” Jennie ask her mom.

 

“Of course, I already cook your favourite Beef Kimchi Stew! Come on, lets go home.” Jennie mother said and start dragging her out of the airport.

 

@Jennie family house

 

Its been a long time. Almost 4 (four) years that Jennie never visit her family house in Netherland. She still meet her mother oftenly for the past 4 (four) years, because her mother frequently visit her in Korea. But today, it’s the first time for her to meet her father again after almost 4 (four) years she going through her career as an artist in Korea. She really close to her father back then, before she tell her father about her passion become an artist. Her father against that idea so much, because he think that Jennie are a smart girl who can be more than just an artist. That year become a really difficult year for her, she decide to go to Korea by herself and pursue her dream and live separately with her family. It’s really fortunate that she being accepted by YG right away on her first audition. So she doesn’t have to worry about a place to live, to eat, because YG compensate all of that for her. But still being so far away from her family are really difficult.

 

Jennie thought disappear again when her father come inside the living room. She raise from her seat and start walking toward her father, very carefully, and when she already stand infront of him, she said “Hai Dad….I miss you so much…” she want to continue talking, but she can not hold the tears which running out from her eyes. She start crying heavily and can not see her father through her wet eyes. Suddenly when she still continue crying, she feel that her father hug her and caress her head and also start crying and said “Why you never come home and visit me. I really miss you my little kiddo.” He said to her.

 

Jennie feel so emotional, she cry more loudly and also hug her father back really tightly. Because she really miss her father a lot for the past 4 (four) years. Her mother who stand near both of them also crying seeing the reunion between her only daughter and her husband.

 

On dinner time, Jennie tell her father and her mother about her job as an artist. About how her feeling standing infront of a thousand people who watch her performance. Her father also confessed that, he, once, go to Jennie concert and see her performance. Jennie didn’t expect that at all. Her mother also very shock, because she doesn’t even know that her father going to Jennie concert. They laugh about her father confession.

 

When they are still chattering, her father suddenly said. “Jennie~ya, even you are an artist, I hope that you not forget to get married and give me a grandchildren.” Her father jokingly said to her.

 

Jennie reply her father and said. “I will be getting married someday and give you a grandchildren. I promise you dad. But not right now. I hope you understand that.”

 

“Keep your promise dear. And I hope that thing will happen before I’m 50 years old.” Her father jockingly said to her.

 

“I forget to tell you. Jennie~ya, I want you to come with me and your mother tonight to the birthday party of my friend. You remember Uncle Sun Kyong, we, once going to his house when you are just a little?”

 

“Of course I remember him. I really like his wife Aunty Ji Hye, eventhough I just met them once, but I can remember clearly. That time I’m really mesmerized with their house in Netherland, that was most beautiful house I’ve ever seen. Uncle Sun Kyong is the owner of SK Group isn’t it?”

 

(Sorry for using SK Group (Sun Kyong Group) in this story. SK Group is one of the biggest Korean Company, which primarily involved in the chemical, petroleum, and energy industries. SK Group also owns South Korea's largest wireless mobile phone service provider, SK Telecom, and provides services in construction, shipping, marketing, local telephone high-speed Internet, and wireless broadband (WiBro). SK further broadened its range of business to semi Conductors by merging Hynix into SK Hynix, the world's second largest memory semiconductor manufacturer)

 

“Yes it is. I never thought that you still remember it. You just 7 years old that day.” Her mother told Jennie.

 

“I can remember, because Aunty Ji Hye is really nice, and the house is really beautiful and cozy.” Jennie said.

 

“You must be happy then. Because the birthday party will be held on their pretty house.” Jennie father said to her.

 

“I wonder if there is anything change in that house.” Jennie said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter