Under The Moonlight

Under The Moonlight

 

A long blonde hair girl was scratching her head using the tip of the pen. Scribbling on the paper with a full force, she groaned in distress. She gulped down her saliva together with her frustration down. At the corner of the room, with only a red light shone on her, a girl name Lee Chaerin could not help but to waste every paper. As long as it was not near perfect, she would make use all of the paper she had. She ruffled her hair and sighed in exhaustion. She had to finish that drawing and hand it in by tomorrow morning. It’s hard to be a student designer.

"Stressing over something?"

 A low voice interrupted Chaerin's train of thoughts. She was thinking of a possibility to escape tomorrow lesson and wanted to get out from this classroom. The night already conquering the bright blue sky and she was still in school doing her stuff. Well, she had her way sneaking into the classroom at night and she had no specific reason why she was there. It was just her instinct that she had to be there doing her work.

"Ouh, Yoochun-shi..."

The famous man approached her. As an idol, she was impressed by him. Despite his busy schedule and be part of the well-known Dong Bang Shin Ki boys, he was frequently spotted in school. A very responsible man she would say.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at home?"

Chaerin faced him and examined his face. With the red light shone above them and the moonlight seeping through the window, lightened up his glowing face, she could only give him a fixed and intense gaze for a few seconds and came back to her senses. She got back to her work.

"Home? I prefer to be in this place rather than home. I couldn't breathe there. Too many things that I have to face and well, I am just trying to escape from the schedule."

Soft chuckles echoed the room, bouncing here and there on the four walls. Yoochun lolled beside Chaerin and helped her by giving ideas on designing the outfit. Once in a while, to kill those awkward silences, he would poke Chaerin's tummy and both broke into a loud laughter. Instead of stressing themselves with their own problems, they had fun with the random talks. One could not stop hearing her precious laughter and the other one had a new obsession – his killer smile.

Yoochun knew Chaerin through Seunghyun and he knew she was not the typical fan girls. She lived her own life, her own philosophy written on her own story book. From what he heard, she was a cold young lady that would frighten all men in Korea as soon as she reached 20. Yoochun chuckled at the thought of their conversation. Chaerin already caught his eyes ever since she enrolled in this art school. He was even delighted when he saw his close friend talked to Chaerin. How did they know each other? Well, he ever heard of the group Nuthang that consist of Jiyong, Seunghyun and a few of cool people. Surprisingly, she was part of it. That explained her sense of fashion.

In the midst of thinking about the girl he attracted most, he was cut off by a sweet voice.

 "Yoochun-shi, can I ask you something?"

"Shoot."

Chaerin straightened her body and turned to his direction. She cleared .

"Well, how does it feel to be an idol?"

A deep silence replied Chaerin's question. Yoochun seemed to be in a deep thought. He then gave her a subtle smile.

"Great I guess? I met a lot of celebrities and of course get their number."

Yoochun wiggled his eyebrow and gave a cheeky smile.

"Then how about privacy?"

That question hit him. Chaerin was thoughtless enough and asked directly without even thinking his sensitivity. Yoochun knew what she meant. He was good at reading between lines and basically, he was trying to avoid that question. He let out an audible sigh as a sign of his defeat. His face quickly turned to a serious one. A melancholic face caused Chaerin to feel guilty all of the sudden. She did not mean to hurt him. She did not know it was a sensitive topic.

“Ah… I am sorry I didn’t mean to…”

“Lonely.”

Yoochun interrupted her.

“Very lonely.”

Chaerin nodded. She did not want to ask any more questions afraid that he would hate her for being blunt. She collected all her might-be-useful drafts and stuff them in her bag. Packing up all her stationary, she was about to get up until Yoochun clasped her arm.

“I am not done.”

A cold tone came from him. Unusual of Chaerin, she obeyed.

“Again, it was lonely. Love, it can be use in any way. Love for your family, love life, pet and even your idols. Everyone loves to receive love. I cannot deny that I love all the attention that was given to me. However, behind those love, there are more things that we didn’t know about. It was a dangerous love. I could not believe what had happened. It was more of an obsession rather than love. Stalking is just a scary thing. They want to know every little thing about me. We don’t really have privacy. Can you imagine crying in frustration prettily? Just because you were used to people watching you and the image that you have to take care of, everything you do, it has to be pretty? Tired, shagged and exhausted.”

Chaerin hated when she hurt the other person and it was all because of her. She felt responsible for them. She was the cause of the sudden agony. Guilt hit her. Yoochun held his head low, trying to hide his pain. Suppression of his tears puckered his brow. He could feel the burning sensation in him. It was eating him away. Bit by bit, he would be gone and soon, tears overflowed from the rims of his eyes. He clutched his fist.

Chaerin examined him closely. He was breaking down. No matter how hard he wanted to hide it, she could see his trembling eyes. Agony in his dark hazel orbs quivered. He had no power to fool her. It was obvious.

A sudden warm reached Yoochun. A loving touch shivered him through his spine. A pair of arms entwined his body. Hot breathes brushed through his shoulder. He opened his eyes and strand of hair welcomed him. It was her, Chaerin. She was embracing him.

“I am sorry to ask you something like that. It was my fault. I should have been thoughtful. I am sorry.”

Yoochun brought up his arms and pulled her closer.

“Stay like this. If you let go of your arms, you are not forgiven Miss Chaerin. Stay with me for awhile. Please… Stay.”

Their fondness towards each other grew and the greed of having each other by their side was witnessed by the full moon. The moonlight showered them and love filled the room.

Time flies and they stayed at the comfortable position for quite sometimes before the sun rise. Tomorrow will be a new day, tomorrow will be a new start and tomorrow will be a new chapter.

The new love reborn.

When they meet again, it would be same night at the same place, creating a new wonderful memory.