Final

Window to the Past
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a world which harbored on cruelty, Park Chanyeol was an exception. The six feet two inches tall wizard was anything but that. In fact, few people who truly knew him, were very much aware of how much of a sap he really is. And, he has a penchant for saving anyone in need or not. So, on a late Saturday afternoon when he was feeding his pets, the sudden arrival of his best friend Byun Baekhyun was a surprise. As someone who worked for the office of International Magical Office of Law, bridging the gap between the Royal Palace of Republic of Korea and the Ministry of Magic, he should be too busy to track down Chanyeol and come to his home. Baekhyun definitely needed something from him, and the tall wizard knew he could never win against his friend.

“Chanyeolllliiiiieee.”

“Stop please, Baek.”

“Yeollie, why are you serious? Do you have fever?” Baek moves to touch Chanyeol’s forehead.

Chanyeol swats his hands away and smiles at him slowly.

“Get to the point, Baekkie. I am tired.”

Baekhyun scoffed. “You are not tired, you are bored. But Baekkie has come to your rescue.”

“Not again, Baek. I am not going to any mission.”

“Yeol, this is more personal. He’s my friend and receiving death threats. I can’t trust anyone but you to look over him.”

“I can’t Baek, I get too involved. The last time I took a job, I almost got my partner killed.”

“Yes, Yeol. Almost. But, you were the one who saved him too.”

 

The room and its occupants are both silent. After what seemed like extra-long minutes, Chanyeol released a sigh.

“Who’s the friend?”

Baek looked at him carefully. “Have you heard of a Do Kyungsoo?”

“Ahhh, no.”

“Dyo?”

“What the ? You mean the mysterious seeker of the Republic of Korea’’s national Quidditch team?”

“Exactly. He’s also the youngest prince of the royal family.”

 

***

 

It has been a week of living in close quarters with Do Kyungsoo and Chanyeol still hasn’t figured him out. The other one was thoroughly independent, minds his own matters and doesn’t like Chanyeol’s presence even a bit. Infact, if looks could kill, Chanyeol would have been dead the first time they met. He still remembers Kyungsoo giving him death glares on their first meeting. He was not approachable and made it very clear that Chanyeol’s presence wasn’t welcome. Chanyeol partly blamed their height difference to this, because he has repeatedly caught Kyungsoo eyeing his full length in distaste.

 

The threat to Kyungsoo had seemed a hoax call at first, but an incident at the end of the week had lodged a deep fear in Chanyeol’s heart. Kyungsoo had been practicing with his Quidditch team and suddenly he had been thrown off his broom after it went through a series of loops and turns. Chanyeol had been standing at a distance, keeping an eye on the surroundings. Except the Quidditch team, only a handful of the friends of the players were present. It had taken some time for him to understand the situation, but when his instincts said that Kyungsoo was in danger, he had promptly tried to locate any one present who had been using wands. But, he hadn’t found anyone to his frustration.

 

He had run to the place where Kyungsoo was thrown off, luckily not from a great height. His glasses were thrown some feet away, and the shorter male was squinting hard. Even though he still had the blank expression he sported, his hands were fisted and his knuckles were almost white. He was scared, because when Chanyeol took his glasses and put it on his face and held his hand, Kyungsoo didn’t shoo him away or try to punch him. By then, most of his teammates were there and trying to calm him down, Kyungsoo was watching Chanyeol with an expression which screamed, ‘Save me’. Effectively blocking everyone, Chanyeol took the other’s hand and apparated to Kyungsoo’s home. It was only when Kyungsoo was looking at him with disbelief in his eyes, did he realize his mistake. He had apparated without a wand.

 

“What did you just do?”

Chanyeol eyed Kyungsoo warily.

“Did you just apparate without using your wand?”

“You saw everything.”

“Everyone knows only a handful of wizards can apparate without wands.”

“Yes, well now that you know you can count me among them.”

“Who are you, Park Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol smiles, “Just an Auror”.





Something shifts in their relationship since that day. Kyungsoo no longer treats Chanyeol like dirt, and he has started showing his sassy side. Something has changed in Chanyeol too. He doesn’t think he can go through Kyungsoo getting hurt. Somewhere during their time together, Chanyeol’s heart has developed a soft corner for Kyungsoo.

It was late afternoon and Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were sitting in Kyungsoo’s living room, Chanyeol on the sofa, reading a book and Kyungsoo at the dining table writing some letters. The silence enveloping them was broken by Kyungsoo’s question.

“Have you been always a giraffe?”

Chanyeol tried to keep a straight face.

“I was of your height once.”

“Are you trying to say I am short?” Kyungsoo sounded indignant.

“You said it.”

Kyungsoo huffs and begins to write his letter again.

He stops after some time.

“How do you know the loudmouth?”

“Loudmouth, who?”

“The bane of my existence.”

“Baekhyun?”

“Yes.”

“We were in the same house and dorm in Hogwarts.”

“No wonder you’re friends, both of you are loud and outgoing”, Kyungsoo snorts.

“Where do I rank?”

“You are the second one.”

 

Chanye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter