one; brand new start

knock knock

It was finally my first day at university. I still couldn't belive I was able to hear those words coming out of my mouth, it felt like a dream. I had gone the extra mile during senior year, I buckled down and just focused on school. At first it was all really hard, I missed going out with my friends and having a social life overall but now I know my hardwork paid off for once. My parents drove me to the campus since I was going to move to the dorm at campus. Classes were going to start next week, and I received an email a few days ago saying we were know able to start moving in. Both of my parents really insisted on coming along with me using the excuse of helping me to move in. The car trunk was packed with boxes and two suitcases, I didn't realised I owned that much stuff until this right moment. My father picked up most of the boxes while my mother carried the suitcases, I picked the boxes left. We were walking towards the main building, where the administrative secretary was located, I had to announce my arrival and take the keys to what would be my room for the next few years. I stood in front of the facade, I really was going to be studying at Korea National University of Arts, it was one of the most well known universities here, I had to give up my life in Gwangju, but I know sooner or later I'd have a good life here in Seoul, I would even dare say better, some of my friends are going to move to Seoul aswell so I was looking forward to it. 

I approached the counter where several people were either taking calls or classifying documents, as soon as this lady hung up the phone, I started to talk to her:

"I'm Kang Kyungwon, I wanted to check in and get the keys for my dorm."

"Oh, you're a freshman? You don't really look like one, hold on for a minute young lady, I will be right back."

I waited there for a couple minutes and she was back with many papers and most important, the keys.

"You need you to fill up the application form, sign up the agreement and pay the fee in case something happens in your dorm."

I finished all the papers and I handed them to her, my parents paid the fee and finally I received the keys to my room.

"Your room is located on the second floor of the east building, take the left corridor and you will get there, the number is on the key. Oh, I almost forgot, your roommate will arrive at any time, she is Kim Minkyung."

"Thank you so much" We finally got to my room and it was empty, my parents and I placed all my stuff. They helped me to arrange everything fast enough so the room wouldn't look that empty. After we finished, they ended up leaving since I was at the verge of forcing them to do so, they were sad I could feel their pain but I promised to visit them everytime I had holidays.

The trip and setting up the room made me feel extra tired, taking a quick nap seemed like a good idea, I set the alarm for half an hour. When I wokep up, thankfully my roommate still hasn't showed up, if I were them I wouldn't like to find my roommate asleep and that being our first encounter ever. Suddenly, I hear someone knocking on my door, I guess it was her.

"Come on in!" I said, loudly so she could hear me.

"The key is not working!" she replied from the other side of the door.

At first I was confused, my keys worked properly when I used them. Then I realised mine were still hanging on the door.

"Wait, I got it" I removed the keys and throwed them on the desk.

She now opened the door, what I didn't know was the kind of person I would share room with, but I was willing to .