Who is he?

Making choices

 

RING RING RING

The school bell has rung and it is time to go home. You waved goodbye to Nicole Jung, your one and only best friend in school. “~~~~~-ah! Do you want to hang out at Hongdae with some of my unnies and oppas chingu? She asked.

You shook my head and gave a pouting face and said, “Gwaenchana, there’s a theory test tomorrow and I want to study. Have fun and see you tomorrow!” Nicole replied, “Araso! See you! Love you!”

Nicole Jung is a straight ‘A’ student but you haven’t seen her studying at all. She is a very friendly, cheerful and dorky friend. She can be good friends with any stranger in less than 2 hours. She is your very first friend that you met since you first came to school.

You stepped out of the school and looked up at the sky. *How is my prince doing in states? Has he forgotten me? How is he?*

 

 

=========FLASHBACK=========

“My prince, c-can you not go to sta-states? Wh-what can I do when I miss you?” you can’t stop crying and looked at hyunnie oppa.

Hyunnie oppa smiled and knocked my head, “Babo! Im going to states to find my uncle! I promise to be back and find you. You can look up into the sky when you miss me because that’s the only gap in between us. Now let’s take a picture.”

His maid, Misun, took a picture of you and hyunnie oppa and it was printed immediately. You didn’t know why it was printed so quickly as you were only 8 at that time and hyunnie oppa is only a few days older than you.

 Hyunnie oppa tore the picture into half and passed you the part that has his face. He said, “Keep this in your wallet and this will be a memory of us! Don’t cry when you think of your omma and appa! I have to go now. Listen to Misun ajumma, araso? Misun ajumma, take good care of my princess and your health! Gomawo and goodbye!” He gave you a couple necklace and kissed your forehead.

==============================

 

 

You got on a bus and closed your eyes while listening to the music in your earpiece. Your life took a turn on your 8 year old birthday. Your omma and appa got into an accident on the way to fetch you after your day at school. The only person that was left by your side was hyunnie oppa. Your parents were close friends with his parents and your parents took good care of hyunnie oppa when his parents left him.

His parents gave him half of their assets and half to your parents for taking care of their son. And the assets are under your name now. After a month your parents left you, hyunnie oppa’s overseas uncle called him and wanted him to go to states so that he can take care of him.

Suddenly, a heavy object dropped on your shoulder and it stopped your chain of thoughts. You opened your eyes and see what was it. And you saw a guy lying on your shoulder. You reached out your finger to his nose and released a breath as he was still alive. You thought to yourself, who is he?