Only Things

Only Things

Title: Only Things

Author: Flowery

Pairing: KiWoon

Warning: BoyxBoy love. Enough said.

Summary: Things that Dongwoon would only do for Kikwang.

Author’s Note: Kinds of like...drabbles?

 

 

***

 

 

It was a really hot day in summer when Kikwang told Dongwoon that he’s going out with Yoseob.

Yoseob’s been asking Kikwang to go to a traditional market downtown since last week. The place had just recently opened and from their friends’ comments—mostly the girls, Gayoon and Jiyoon—it got nice things and the price’s not bad.

Since Yoseob’s just moved in together with Doojoon and boy, Doojoon’s place needed a touch or two, or a whole lot, he just wanted to find some nice decorations. In the end, Kikwang was the only person who agreed to come along since the 2Yoon girls couldn’t make it that day.

Surprisingly, Yoseob bought a lot of things—most of them were room decorations—and Kikwang was starting to feel tired and his hands were sore from holding all the bags. He even thought of using a taxi to go home instead of walking. And the weather was so hot, even though he wore T-shirt, Kikwang almost fainted and the thirst was unbearable. Yoseob didn’t seem to be affected though, he looked so excited—since he’s gonna redecorate his new apartment with Doojoon.

Kikwang exclaimed in relief mentally when Yoseob finally ran out of cash. The latter pouted cutely and tilted his head to a side, saying that he still got credit cards. Yoseob sweatdropped as he saw Kikwang’s pale face, with puppy eyes, as if pleading to stop, and agreed reluctantly before heading to the exit.

“Let’s get something to drink—“

Kikwang blinked as he saw Dongwoon was standing near the gate.

“W—Woonie?”

“Having fun?”, Dongwoon smiled before handing them two bottles of water. “Here, drink.”

“Dongwoon, you’re a lifesaver!”, Yoseob quickly downed half of the bottle in record time.

Kikwang still blinked dumbly, he couldn’t believe that his boyfriend was there. Didn’t he say on the phone he got something to do? Then why suddenly he showed up?

Dongwoon took the bottle from his hand, uncapped it, before handing it back to Kikwang again. “I told you to drink.”

Kikwang obeyed but still his eyes glued to Dongwoon. The latter stared back at him.

“I’m so happy! My new apartment’s gonna be sooooo pretty with all of these things. Let’s go home,” Yoseob chirped happily and walked away.

Dongwoon took the bags that were put beside Kikwang’s feet—Yoseob carried nothing—not letting Kikwang carried a single bag, and realizing his boyfriend’s confused stare, he threw him a smile.

“Thought you might need it,” he explained as they followed Yoseob. “I remembered when Doojoon-hyung told me his experiences about shopping with Yoseob—so I thought I’d come and bring all these bags for you.”

“B—but you said you got something to do?”

“Ah. That.”

Kikwang wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and threw his bottle to the nearest trash bin.

“You’re much more important, Hyung.”

 

 

***

 

 

It’s been a while since Kikwang caught a cold.

He had regular workouts, he’s been eating healthy foods, he had enough sleep. It made him wondered why the sudden illness, he just sneezed this morning and had been non stop sneezing since then. Maybe it’s a virus. Kikwang asked for permission to go home earlier from his part time job and on the way home, he called Dongwoon that he’s sick and may not be able to meet him tonight.

Kikwang’s not even sure Dongwoon understood because he was sneezing a lot on the phone.

He felt his body got hotter and his grip on the handrail tightened. Kikwang took the train since he thought it would be a faster trip home. He coughed to his hand and sighed. It saddened him that he wouldn’t be able to meet Dongwoon tonight.

The train stopped at a station and few people were rushing out. The train was almost empty and Kikwang went to take a seat. He closed his eyes tiredly and sighed. He really needed to sleep...

All of a sudden, a cold hand touched his forehead. Kikwang opened his eyes in surprise and he even got more surprised to acknowledge Dongwoon was already sitting beside him, panting heavily. It seemed like he’s been running.

“W—Woonie?”

“You’re hot,” Dongwoon breathed. “Not that kinda hot, I mean, you know you’re always hot, but not that hot, I mean, your—your fever,” he shook his head, embarassed at his stutter, and stopped to take a deep breath. “Have you taken any medicine?”

Kikwang shook his head weakly.

Dongwoon fished his hand into his bag and pulled out a newly bought flu mask. He unwrapped the plastic before putting it on Kikwang. “Now sleep. I’ll wake you up when we arrive.”

Kikwang was so tired that he couldn’t even ask how Dongwoon got there.

 

 

***

 

 

It was raining slightly when they waited for the bus to come.

They’ve been chatting with each other to kill the boredom, and Dongwoon found himself pleased with Kikwang’s smile. They’ve only been dating for a few months but Dongwoon felt like he’s really head over heels for this male. If he’s not, then he wouldn’t go through so much just to save Kikwang from all of Yoseob’s shopping bags. If he’s not, then he wouldn’t run all the way to catch up with the train just because he was so worried, Kikwang sounded like he’s gonna faint any minute on the phone.

A male beside them lit up his cigarette and Kikwang wrinkled his nose as he smelled the smoke.

Dongwoon noticed this and switched places with Kikwang.

Kikwang blinked but the taller male acted like nothing important happened, and their hands kept on linking together.

He’s really a gentleman.

Dongwoon walked Kikwang home to his apartment and he waited until Kikwang disappeared behind the door, making sure he’s safe before going home. He always did that. Dongwoon always did things that made Kikwang feel so secure, and he was grateful for that.

“Thank you,” Kikwang said as they got to his apartment.

“My pleasure, Hyung,” Dongwoon smiled.

And all of a sudden, there was this huge urge to kiss Dongwoon. Kikwang was embarassed, since he didn’t know how to make it happen. The younger male looked down and played with the hem of his shirt.

Dongwoon frowned, realizing his nervousness. “You should go in Hyung, the rain’s getting harder, it’s gonna get really cold.”

Kikwang stood up in front of the door hesitantly. “You’re just gonna...? Wait a minute, I’ll lend you my umbrella.”

“It’s okay, I’ll just run.”

“But...”

Dongwoon smiled as he stepped forward and instinctively Kikwang stepped back. He put his hands on Kikwang’s side, and the latter’s back was glued to the door. Kikwang gulped. “You’re so sweet for worrying me, Hyung. But I’ll be okay.”

And the moment was there.

Kikwang slowly pulled Dongwoon by the collar and shyly meeting their lips. Despite their height difference, and Kikwang had to lift his chin upward to kiss his boyfriend, but he didn’t mind. Dongwoon kissed back softly and an arm wrapped around Kikwang’s waist, pulling him closer. Kikwang closed his eyes and he could feel his cheeks were warming. Dongwoon smelled so sweet.

It was Dongwoon who finally broke the kiss—because Kikwang didn’t seem like he’s willing to let go, even though they needed air—and he smiled caringly before placing a kiss on Kikwang’s forehead. He opened the door and switched on the light before pushing Kikwang softly inside. “Don’t forget to lock the door.”

“Be—be careful, Woonie.”

“I will, Hyung,” Dongwoon said softly and patted Kikwang’s head. “See you.”

I love you.

Kikwang could feel his heart was beating those three words but no real words came out of his mouth.

“Woonie...wanna come in? Surely you’ll get sick running in the rain...”, he said, full of concern.

Dongwoon shook his head. “Maybe next time.”

Not yet.

So after making sure that Kikwang’s already inside, he looked back once again to make sure before started running in the rain. Dongwoon could feel that Kikwang was disappointed but he just didn’t want to rush. Kikwang was precious, he was special and no one had ever made Dongwoon feel that way before.

I love you, Hyung...

Maybe, next time it would be the perfect chance to say it to Kikwang.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End.