give it back!!!

stole my heart/smol hands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It all started when donghyuck asked why his mommy loved his daddy so much. She gave the child in her arms a sweet smile and said, “Because he stole my heart” and caressed his hair softly “and since then I could never love anyone like I loved him.”

 

At first, he didn’t understand what she meant by that. How could someone steal someone else’s heart? How could you love someone that much? He thought about it till he fell asleep. He kept thinking about it after he woke up, brushed his teeth, had breakfast, said goodbye to Mr. Giggles, his teddy bear and went to kindergarten with his mother.

 

He was already used to the kindergarten so this time he didn’t whine to his mother about his friends nana and jeno always hugging each other or how their teacher was flirting with the other kids’ teacher. Yes, donghyuck was just five years old but knew about flirting. He heard this word from his older brother so he knew what it meant just like how he knew their teachers were doing exactly that.

 

“So uh you uh wanna go grab some coffee with me after our work here is done?” the soft pink haired teacher asked the light brown haired one shyly while scratching the back of his head.

 

“U-uh yeah, of course. T-that would be nice.” He said and played with his fingers, trying to hide the blush on his cheeks that was very close to the shade on the other man’s hair.

 

“oh donghyuckkie hi” the pink haired one said when he noticed the kid who was standing beside them and knelt down in front of him, giving him a small hug “we missed you when you weren’t here. Are you feeling better now?”

 

Donghyuck smiled back at the teacher and nodded “yes tae hyung I feel better now”

 

“Good. Be more careful next time and wear thicker clothes okay donghyuckkie?” the man said and petted his head.

 

“Okay” donghyuck said, smiling cutely. He loved his taeyong hyung so much cause he had such fluffy, cotton candy like hair and he gave cherry candy to him all the time.

 

The man smiled at him, stood up, looked at other teacher, and cleared his throat to break the silence between them.

 

“I uh I will take care of my kids now. See you later jaehyunnie?”

 

“Y-yeah see you later tae”

 

Donghyuck laughed when his teacher sighed dreamily behind the other man.

 

“What happened hyuckkie?”

 

Donghyuck giggled and held onto his long sleeve cutely “jaehyun hyung loves taeyong hyung?”

 

The man blushed so hard and tried to make donghyuck let go of his sleeve “w-what are you saying hyuckkie? Of course I don-”

 

Donghyuck pulled down his sleeve like he wanted to make him stop talking “its okay hyung donghyuckkie knows tae hyung loves you too”

 

Jaehyun stopped trying to pull donghyuck’s hand off of his sleeve and looked down at him with suspicious eyes “how can you know that hyuckkie? Did tae hyung say something to you?”

 

Donghyuck shook his head “nope. But he looks at you like how mommy looks at daddy and how daddy looks at mommy.”

 

Jaehyun blushed more and petted his head “w-why don’t you go start playing with your friends hyuckkie? Hyung will come later.”

 

“Okay hyung” he said and walked towards their playing room, leaving his red-faced teacher behind to thinking deeply about the possibility of having a relationship with the other teacher.

 

“Hiiii nanaaaaa” donghyuck greeted the boy who was hugging his best friend like a little koala.

 

“hiii hyuckkieeeee” the boy on the floor said, still hugging the other one. The other one also said “hi hyuckkie” with a cute eyesmile which made his hugging friend squeal and hug him tighter while shouting “OH MY GOD YOU ARE SO SUPER DUPER CUTE!!I LOVE YOU!!”

 

“Hyuckiieee have you seen our new friend??” asked his Chinese friend renjun who had his other Chinese friend chenle wrapped around him.

 

“We have a new friend????” donghyuck eyes got wide in the size of moon cause they didn’t have a new friend in the kindergarten so often. So it was an exciting thing. Especially for donghyuck cause that meant he was not going to be alone at coloring anymore cause everyone was already paired.

 

Chenle nodded “we has fresh friend. He from Canada. He know English. So we could talk with him better”

 

“It’s not “fresh” friend lele it’s “new” friend” renjun corrected him while petting his head softly.

 

“Ooooh” chenle said and smiled cutely, happy that he learnt something new “we has new friend”

 

Chenle was always the cutest little bean ever and in any other time donghyuck would squish him and hug him tightly cause of his cuteness but he was more interested in their new friend right now.

 

“But where is he? I wanna see him!”

 

“He is playing with jisunggie right now. They are making a sandcastle I guess.” Renjun said, still petting chenle’s head.

 

Donghyuck turned around to look at their new friend and jisunggie then gasped when he saw how the new friend was laughing so cutely, so lively. But he stopped laughing when he sensed a pair of eyes on him and looked back at the person that was staring at him, who was the little donghyuckkie and waved at him with a sweet smile.

 

“Hiiiii friend!”

 

That boy was the cutest person donghyuck had ever seen and he also had braces like him so donghyuck already wanted to be friends with him. When the boy walked towards him, stopped right in front of him and said “hiii I’m mark. But you can call me minhyung. It’s my Korean name. Actually no one calls me that. But you can call me that cause you are soooooo cute.” And pulled him into a hug he felt like his heart started beating so fast like that one time he accidently saw a horror movie. However, it wasn’t a bad kind of fast heart beating. It was one that made him want to be best friends with mark and never leave his side. He even wanted to share his chocolate with mark and god knows donghyuck never ever shared his chocolate with anyone. Never ever.

 

“Wanna make sandcastles with me??” the boy, mark asked with shiny eyes and donghyuck nodded and let him pull him to the playground. He really wanted to be close friends with mark. Very very close friends.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Hyuckkieeeeeee”

 

“Yes minhyungggieeeee?”

 

“I want to give something to youuuu”

 

“Kids please stop shouting at each other from different tables.” Jaehyun said and went back to helping jisung’s coloring.

 

Donghyuck got up from his table and walked to mark’s table and sat beside him.

 

“What will you give to me minghyunggie?????”

 

Little boy blushed and took out a small box from his bag “minhyunggie did this for you hyuckkie. Cause he missed your birthday cause he wasn’t here when it was your birthday”

 

“Awwwwww thank you so muchie hyunggie!!” donghyuck said and hugged his friend. Mark hugged him back and said “happy late birthday hyuckkieeeeee”

 

They spent half of the day with hugging each other and eating the chocoloates, and candies mark put in the box he made for donghyuck.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

The sobs and whinings were filling the playground after donghyuck fell down on the ground hard while they were playing hide & sick and scraped his knee. Mark ran towards him even though he should have actually go back to the wall and win against him, and knelt in front of him.

 

“Oh no hyuckkie are you okay???”

 

Donghyuck shook his head and kept crying, “It hurts so bad hyunggie.”

 

Mark was so worried that his eyes were teary like donghyuck’s eyes. “I-it’s okay hyuckkie. I’ll heal you.” he said before opening his backpack that was on the floor beside him. He took out a few tissues, his water bottle, and a box of Band-Aids. Donghyuck watched him quietly while he poured a little bit of water on one of the tissues. Then he leaned down and blowed on donghyuck’s knee gently. Donghyuck flinched a bit in pain but sat straight when mark put the wet tissue on his wound, cleaning it in the gentlest, softest way possible. The bleeding wound was hurting so bad actually but he was so mesmerized by how gentle mark’s moves were and how he was blowing on the wound softly just so it won’t hurt so much, to notice the pain. He took out one of the band-aids from their box and opened it. He was so slow and so careful while placing it on the wound. Then he leaned back and took a look at the wound that was covered up so well now and smiled proudly.

 

Donghyuck was about to thank him for healing him and for being so gentle but his words died down in his mouth when mark leaned again to place a tender kiss on the Band-Aided wound.

 

“To heal it” mark said, smiling at him sweetly which made donghyuck choke on his words again and stutter a “t-thank y-you h-hyunggie”

 

“You’re welcome hyuckkie. But please be more careful from now on okay? My heart hurts when I see you in pain. You are so precious to me.”

 

Donghyuck felt like his heart stopped beating for a second when mark smiled at him oh so, so sweetly and that was when he realized something so important…

 

“GIVE IT BACK!” he yelled at mark suddenly and poor boy fell down on his in shock.

 

“Give what back hyuckkie? I don’t underst-”

 

“MOOOOM MINHYUNG STOLE MY HEART AND ISN’T GIVING IT BACK TO ME!!” he yelled again but they both knew his mother wasn’t there to hear him. cause in that elementary school the teachers didn’t let parents get in the school and distract their children. But he said it anyway, to use it as an excuse to ask back for his heart that was stolen by his favorite friend.

 

Mark blushed and broke their eye contact because of the shyness he felt at the moment, the pinkness was coloring his pale cheeks cutely “I-I didn’t s-steal it”

 

Donghyuck put his hands on the both sides of his hips and glared at him as if he was so mad at him “yes you did! Now give it back to me!”

 

Mark blushed harder and stuttered more while looking at the ground “I-I don’t know how to g-give it back”

 

Donghyuck pouted sadly which hurted mark’s heart deeply. So he said “O-okay I-I’ll give it back to you”, walked to donghyuck and hugged him with his smol hands tightly.

 

Donghyuck blushed and hugged back with his smoller hands tighter.

 

“d-did I give it back to you now?” mark asked in a shy and small tone.

 

Donghyuck sighed and hugged him back tighter “no. You took it even more now.”

 

That was the moment when donghyuck realized that mark stole his heart and he was never going to be able to love anyone like he loved him…

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“I don’t like math” donghyuck said and pouted while they were solving some math problems in his room.

 

He and mark was on his bed, studying math. Jeno and jaemin were sitting on the soft pillowed chair next to his bed which was actually a chair for one person but they were hugging so tightly that their bodies could pass as one so they fit in that while renjun and chenle were on the floor studying Korean. Jisung was just literally watching what everyone was doing like a lost little chicken.

 

“I know. I don’t like it too.” Mark said and smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter