Of Soulmates and Curse Words

Of Soulmates and Curse Words

Youngjae sighed as he reluctantly made his way towards the cafe where his friends were waiting for him. Don't get him wrong. Youngjae loved his friends but all of them had found their soulmate and they just loved to because he still hadn't met his.

Youngjae was about to enter the cafe when he bumped into a stranger who was making his way out of the cafe. " you!" The stranger spat before leaving. Youngjae was mad. What right did the stranger have to curse at him like that? He could have been more polite.

"Yah!" He shouted, running after the stranger. The stranger halted, turning around. It was then that Youngjae realised that the stranger was actually handsome. He had black hair and dark brown eyes with flecks of lighter hues. He was a bit taller than Youngjae and had a slightly tan complexion.

"What?" He asked, obviously annoyed.

"I know I bumped into you but you didn't have to curse at me!" Youngjae said. It was then that he felt a tingling sensation on his wrist. Looking at it, his eyes widened when the words ' you' appeared on his wrist. He looked at the stranger. He was also staring at his wrist, which had the word  'Yah' engraved on it.

The two stared at each other, not knowing what to say. Youngjae took a deep breath. He was going to have a curse word engraved on his wrist thanks to his stupid soulmate who fate had so kindly picked for him.

"You idiot! Why did you have to curse? Now I am going to have the words ' you' on my wrist till I die. I know you are my soulmate and all but come on! I really want to kill you right now." Youngjae shouted.

The stranger took a deep breath. "You are the one who bumped into me! And I'm not an idiot."

"Why you-" Youngjae was about to punch his significant other when another guy appeared out of nowhere and stopped him.

"Hyung!" His soulmate said making him realise that this new guy was his soulmate's friend.

"Dae, who is this and why was he about to punch you?" The guy asked, pointing at Youngjae. Youngjae and his soulmate started talking both at once so the other guy put his hands up, effectively stopping the two.

"Okay wait, what's your name?" He asked Youngjae.

"Yoo Youngjae. Who are you?" Youngjae replied.

"I'm Bang Youngguk and the guy you were about to punch is Jung Daehyun." Youngguk said.

"So what is going on?" He asked. 

Youngjae's soulmate stayed silent so Youngjae narrated what happened. It caught both Youngjae and Daehyun off guard when Youngguk burst out laughing. 

"That was the problem? That is way too hilarious. You two are soulmates so go somewhere, talk it out and get together. Besides, it's better than when Himchan and I met." Youngjae's eyes widened when Youngguk held up his wrist. The words 'ing idiot' was engraved on it. That Himchan guy must have been a savage.

"Anyway, come with me." Yongguk ordered and started to leave. Daehyun and Youngjae looked at each other before following him.

Youngguk led them to a table at a small cafe which he said he owned. "Talk!" He ordered before leaving the two alone. Neither of the two knew what to say or do so they both stared awkwardly at each other.

"I'm sorry." After ten minutes of silence, Daehyun finally talked.

"Huh? Oh. It's fine, don't worry. I just didn't expect to meet my soulmate like this." Youngjae smiled and Daehyun nodded.

"Me neither."

Youngjae stared at Daehyun for a while before he asked, "So, do you normally curse or-"

"No! Not at all! I went to the cafe to meet my friends but they decided to play a really mean trick on me so I got angry and walked out. Then you bumped into me and I guess I took out my anger on you." Daehyun denied strongly before he explained.

"Oh. Well, at least we met each other. Imagine if you hadn't said anything and we'd simply passed by each other." Youngjae said. 

It was true though. You won't realise who your soulmate is unless you say something so a lot of people have missed their soulmate even though they've already met because they didn't speak to each other.

"Yeah." Daehyun nodded in agreement.

"What's your relationship with Youngguk?" Youngjae asked.

"He's kind of like a brother. We met in school five years ago and have been friends since. He is two years elder than me. By the way, how old are you?" Daehyun asked.

"Me? I'm 19." Youngjae said.

"19? I'm 20. I guess that makes me your hyung." Daehyun smiled and suddenly kissed Youngjae on the lips. 

"Daehyun hyung!" Youngjae whined, embarrassed.

"What? How can I control myself when fate has so kindly picked an extremely handsome soulmate for me?" Daehyun smirked and Youngjae blushed.

"Yah, Jung Daehyun! No kissing in my cafe!" It caught the two of them by surprise when Youngguk appeared out of nowhere. 

"Hyung!" Daehyun said.

"Glad you two talked it out. Now get out. People are waiting for the table." Youngguk said trying to shoo them away.

"Fine! Let's go. My lovely soulmate." Daehyun said reaching out his hand for Youngjae to take. Blushing, Youngjae took his hand and the two walked off, hand in hand.

Youngjae might have a curse word on his wrist until he dies but at least he had the perfect soulmate to make up for that. Well, he didn't really know if he was perfect as they had only just met, but he could tell he was going to be happy with Daehyun.