Moving Out

Moving Out

“No, it’s fine. I’ll take it out.” 

Tiffany busies herself, getting everything out of their room as quickly as possible. 

It is the day she tried to avoid for years, the day she has to leave the place that became her home, or the person who became her home for years. 

“Do you need help, Fany-ah?” Taeyeon blurted out and she swear she heard Taeyeon’s voice shaking. 

Tiffany smiled, or so she tried. Leaving Taeyeon is the last thing she wanted to do but here she is, leaving the person that became her root, who loved her for years. 

Yes, she loved Taeyeon too. She loved her for too long, she loved her since God knows when but this, she thought this is for the best. In this country, in this society, and their job, that’s something they cannot sacrifice. 

Loving taeyeon is the best decision she ever made, but maybe they’re just not meant to be. 

She saw Taeyeon kneeling down, covering her face and all she could do was hold onto her hand tightly, it hurts to see her most important person like this, it hurts even more when she knows she’s the reason behind it. Loud sobs can be heard, this is the first time she saw Taeyeon like this, vulnerable, broken, and she can’t do anything about it. 

“Don’t cry, Taeyeon-ah.” is the only thing she could say. 

“It’s okay Fany-ah, you should go. It’s getting a bit late.” Taeyeon said while trying to smile, wiping the tears from her cheeks. Tiffany wanted to stay, she wanted to just hug Taeyeon and tell her everything, stay like how she always did. 

But this time it’s different. She has to let go. As painful as it sounds, she has to let go of that one important thing in her life and keep moving. She has to let go of the person she loved the most, the person she loved even more than herself. 

She watched her bestfriend tap her shoulders while saying,”take care, okay? I love you, Fany-ah.” and hugging her once again. 

Tiffany hopes to at least life give her a little more mercy and let her love Taeyeon like how she deserves it. But she knows life does not work that way. 

“I love you too, Taeyeon-ah.”