Three

Three

 

 

Wonwoo swipes the photos in his phone. There are so many pictures of the three of them. They were together since the first day of college. Jun the easygoing guy who always smile. He is the expert in anything regarding technology, and will always help Wonwoo whenever he feels lost about his assignment. Mingyu, the noisy friendly guy that knows everyone in the college. He will laugh at the simplest thing. Even if the joke wasn't funny at all, the sound of Mingyu's laugh is enough to make the three of them dying in laughter. Then, there is Wonwoo, the quiet introverted guy with the lowest self-esteem and is always scared of the world.

 

 

If it wasn't for the both of them that talk to him first, Wonwoo would never know what real friendship meant. They were so different yet they were fated to meet. Who expected the simple hello could end up in the greatest friendship Wonwoo ever had. Being classmates and roommates, they knew each other so well. They make him a better person.

 

 

Jun who is in a long term relationship with his girlfriend will always be the place to ask for love advice. The point of his love advice is not important, it's just the way Jun conveyed it, making it  so funny that the three of them always end up cackling. Mingyu is the guy most girls have crush on because he is funny, kind and friendly. However, Mingyu is always clueless and always end up breaking the girls’ heart unintentionally. Wonwoo has been single his whole life. Being a good friend, Jun and Mingyu always trying to meddle in Wonwoo's love life, saying he needs to find a partner. Wonwoo will just laugh and brushed off the blind dates they offered, ensuring them he will be fine.

 

 

He can't believe it has been 9 years since then. Now they have their own life. Jun married his long term girlfriend and is a proud father to his cute son. Mingyu also found his soulmate shortly after he transferred to a new work place and is happily married. Wonwoo is also working now. Even though he haven't find his own soulmate, he is content. Despite their busy life, and living far from each other, they take time to meet and reminisce their old college days. The story of how they were expelled from dormitory because they break the college rules will always be remembered and they will laugh crazily at that. Their group chat is never empty because they will always talk about what happened in their life.

 

 

Wonwoo put aside his cellphone and then stares at the ceiling. It's hard to accept what happened. Both Jun and him had a hard time accepting it. He wants to wake up because this is unreal. This is only a nightmare. It was too sudden, no goodbye when Mingyu left them forever. It was just a normal day coming home after work, but that normal day turned into a nightmare when Mingyu and his wife together with their unborn child were taken away. That’s it. The three of them were still talking yesterday and now everything has changed.

 

 

There are too many traces of Mingyu. Many things will remind Wonwoo of his bestfriend. Everyone knows the three of them. It will never be complete now. The three bestfriends that are always together is now separated. The three has become two now. Mingyu promised to be there on his wedding day, just like how Wonwoo did on Mingyu’s wedding. It looks like he won't be able to fulfill it. He sighed. Wonwoo continues to stare at the ceiling. There are no tears. He feels empty. It feels so empty.

 

 

 

 

 

THE END

 

 

Author’s note: I’m back still with my depressing story. Well, life isn’t beautiful all the time. Right? :')

I love you I miss you a lot.