Chapter 2

The Princess Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In The Palace

 

 

 

The Queen Mother laughing at the story of The Royal Secretary, she knew that her grandson and The Prospective Princess were already known each other.

 

 

 

"This couple seems very suitable" she said interrupted laughing. But The Queen is worried

 

 The Queen Mother told her "don't worry because they will get married soon. And looks like Jeongyeon is really curious about who his future wife is. "

 

 

"I didn't expect to meet with Prince Yoo at there." Said Jung's secretary, while touching his shoulder.

 

"What about her family?"

 

 

 

*Flashback

 

 

 

 

Secretary Jung disguised as one of the customers at Myoui family massage house.

 

 

"You shouldn't be too stressed out." Mr. Myoui massaged him by using a kind of wooden hammer.

 

"Alright." Secretary Jung winced.

 

In the midst of massaging,  Mrs. Myoui came in with an irritated face. She was upset that they couldn't pay their debt, they had delayed for months and their homes were likely to be taken by the debt collectors.

 

 

"We can talk outside. There is a customer here. " Mr. Myoui said. Secretary Jung winces in pain.

 

"stop hitting my back and you can talk!" But instead, he gets hit again. Secretary Jung grimaces again.

 

"We'll talk later." Mr. Myoui blinks at Mrs. Myoui.

 

"But it's an emergency. I was very curious, last week there were many customers. Where's the money? "

 

"They came here because their was sick so I didn't ask for money. To see that they are healthy, it makes me happy." Mrs. Myoui getting annoyed with the answer from Mr. Myoui.

 

"I will work harder to get customers." Said Mr. Myoui who didn't make Mrs. Myoui was relieved at all.  Mrs. Myoui just sighed heavily and leave the room. While Mr. Myoui keeps hitting Jung's secretary's back.

 

 

 

 

After the massage session is over, Mina enters with her herbal tea. She serves Secretary Jung so well.

 

"The aroma is very good." Secretary Jung.

 

"This tea is great for your health. It only 6000 won per box, buy 7 free 2. "

 

"I'm not the real seller, I just gave advice to buy it." Secretary Jung just smiled.

 

"Ehm ... I'm sorry." Mina so embarrassed because it was her mother's advice, to make more customers. Secretary Jung just laughs.

 

"I want to meet with your parents. Can you call them?" Mina loves to hear it.

 

" sure. I'll call them, wait a minute! "  she thought Secretary Jung would be their loyal customer.

 

"  wait! Don't go anywhere! okay?! "Jung's secretary nodded convincingly. Secretary Jung laughs at Mina's behavior.

 

 

*Flashback end

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hearing the story, The Queen felt a little relieved.

 

"Seems like a good girl," said The Queen and  The Queen Mother agreed.

 

"Yes, his fiancé is a good girl." Secretary Jung said.

 

 "Have you told them about this marriage?" the Queen Mother asked.

 

"Yes, Your Majesty" Secretary Jung confirmed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Flashback

 

 

In The Living Room

 

Mr. Myoui was surprised to hear that. Secretary Jung showed something.

 

"This Royal symbol's necklace is evidence of the promise of The Previous King. I think you have it too."

 

"Necklace?" Mrs. Myoui.

 

 "Even though I know you guys are the family of The King's Guard but I still have to prove with this necklace." Secretary Jung

 

Mr. and Mrs. Myoui looked at each other, thinking.

 

 "Maybe The Ex-Palace Guard didn't give you the necklace because you run away from home." Secretary Jung said.

 

Mr. Myoui just laughed awkwardly.

 

"It seems my father did give me that necklace when Mina was born. But I don't remember where the necklace is now. " Mr. Myoui and Mrs. Myoui looked at each other.

 

"Ehm .. because such items are so rare, I'm sure I keep them somewhere."

 

Mr. and Mrs. Myoui pretends to be happy that they still keep the necklace, to convince the Royal Secretary.

 

Meanwhile, Secretary Jung seems already liked Mina, he saw Mina cleaning her bike outside. Mina catches Secretary Jung staring at her, she smiles and bows. Secretary Jung can't wait to tell Mina. He stood up to approaching Mina.

 

 

 "Wait, wait ..." Mr. and Mrs. Myoui forbade him and asked him to sit back.

 

 "I don't think we should tell Mina right now because Mina would be very surprised." Secretary Jung nodded understood.

 

"Give us a few days to tell her."

 

"I'll be back in three days and don’t forget to show me the necklace." The secretary said.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Myoui panicked because they also confused where the necklace was.

 

"Ahh... yes, no problem .. hehe .." Mr. Myoui replied.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Present

 

 

 

 

The Queen Mother and Queen talk about the Princess. In three days, they will see The Prospective Princess. The Queen Mother is impatient because they are going to have a big party.

 

The Queen didn't look so happy. The Queen Mother then asked.

 

"Do you know about Prince Tzuyu and Princess Sooji (Suzy)." Her face shows that she's worried.

 

The queen shook her head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Next day

 

 

 

Myoui's family house

 

 

 Mr. Myoui is calming his mind, in a yoga position, he tries to remember where the necklace is. Mrs. Myoui had checked all the boxes and still had not found the necklace. Tomorrow is the third day and the Royal Secretary will come.

 

 

" you don't remember at all?" Asked Mrs. Myoui. Mr. Myoui didn't answer, he kept his eyes shut and thought. Suddenly Mr. Myoui opened his eyes and shouted

 

" I remember!"

 

" really? Where? "Mrs. Myoui loves to hear it.

 

"On the roof."

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Flashback

 

 

 

 

The little Mina, she cries in the middle of the night due to a nightmare, she calls her mother and father, they calm little Mina. Little Mina's nightmare was a faceless Prince who locked her in a tower. Mina kept crying and her mother calmed her.

 

"Hey, it'll be all right." Mrs. Myoui said.

 

"You shouldn't let Mina wearing your father's necklace, because every time Mina wears it, she had a nightmare."  Mrs. Myoui.

 

 

 

*Flashback end

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mr. Myoui climbed onto the roof of the house and looked for the necklace. He fumbled there and didn't find it

"What might have been lost?" But Mr. Myoui didn't give up and kept looking for it.

"Oh, I found it!" Finally, he found it, he was very happy and shouted calling Mrs. Myoui.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Next day

 

 

 

Mina will go to school. She opens the gate of her house and Secretary Jung is there. Secretary Jung happy to see Mina.

 

 "Oh, you have prepared everything? Are you ready? " secretary Jung's said.

 

 "What?" Mina confused

 

"If you're ready. Should we go? "Jung's secretary said, pointing to the car behind him. Mina gets confused with what he says.

 

"Where are we going?"

 

MR and Mrs. Myoui came out of the house and didn't expect to see Secretary Jung there so early, they have not had time to tell Mina about this marriage. Mina confused.

 

 "I think that she's got everything ready. so I think she already knows about this marriage. " Secretary Jung

 

"wed.. wedding?" Mina really confused now, she asked her mother.

 

" What does it mean?"

 

Mr. and Mrs. Myoui looked at each other as confused to explain it. Her father told her mother to say it but her mother told her father who said.

 

"Are you guys keeping something from me?" Mina asked. she's annoyed.

 

Seem Mr. and Mrs. Myoui cannot say it,

 

"Uh .. I'll tell her." Secretary Jung volunteered.

 

"I am the head of the Royal Secretary, I want to tell you that .. you are the girl who will be engaged with Prince Yoo." Mina had paused in surprise before return to reality.

 

 

"WHAT?!"

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~

 

The four of them spoke in the living room. The angry Mina suddenly stood up.

 

"No one told me about this." she sending death glare at her father and mother. Her father told her to calm down.

 

"Shuush ... sit down!"

 

"I'm trying to find a good time to tell you,  this is very sudden." Her father said.

 

"Mom! Dad! But I'm still very young! " Mina protested again and stood up.

her mother and father pulled her to sit back.

 

" don't be angry! Calm down! "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter