Chapter 1

The Princess Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A car is seen entering a beautiful place. A magnificent, white palace is in the middle of a large field. The car is the car of the crown prince, Crown Prince Yoo (Yoo Jeong Yeon). He had just returned from England because the Kingdom wanted him back. He is greeted by the royal secretary and says that the King, Queen and Queen Mother are waiting for him.

 

"Welcome to the royal palace, Prince Yoo" Jung's secretary. Prince Yoo just nods.

"Prince Yoo! King, Queen and Queen Mother are waiting ".

"Can I take a break, I'll meet them later"

"Sorry Prince Yoo, there is something important to say to you" said secretary Jung. Prince Yoo just sighed heavily and walked past him.

 

....

 

 

 

Meanwhile, inside the palace the King, Queen, and Queen Mother are talking about something serious. They talked about the royal wedding.

They must immediately prepare the wedding in accordance with existing traditions. And they must keep the promise of the king before his friend. Friends who are loyal to the king at difficult times.

 

Promise to marry off their offspring.

 

 

The king asked "where the King family friend live?"

But the queen mother said "we still have to find them."

Queen is worried if ordinary people will marry the royal family, is suitable and they also do not know the family of the king's companions.

But Queen Mother  said "promise is a promise and we have to keep it."

 

 

In the middle of the conversation. Prince Yoo came.

"Ahh Jeongyeon, please sit down" said queen mother.

The king said " you must know the reason why you were asked back, it's about your marriage".

The King and the Queen Mother asked how Prince Yoo's opinion about it.

 

"It's already decided, so my opinion is not important. "Prince Yoo.

 

Yet Queen Mother asked to ask Prince Yoo's opinion.

 

"The decision will not change. Prince Yoo must marry a royal choice girl. "The King added.

 

 

With a bad mood Prince Yoo comes out of the palace into the yard and muses. He remembered something before he returned to Korea.

 

...

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Prince Yoo has been studying abroad, in the UK with his girlfriend, Nayeon. Before heading home, Nayeon helped pack his things.

 

Prince Yoo says "I really do not want to go home, I want to be with you". Nayeon could only sigh and approach him. Jeongyeon asked her to take pictures. But it was a recording.

Nayeon laughed. Then Jeongyeon gets serious and says,

" Marry me."

 

Nayeon is shocked, she takes Jeongyeon's phone and talks to him seriously.

 

Nayeon says "we are young, our path is still long, I still want to reach my dream."

"The palace rules are so tight that I will not be able to do what I want. And besides the Olympics getting closer, I want to be the best archery athlete. "

" Forgive me "

 

So she refused Jeongyeon's proposal. Jeongyeon said nothing.

 

Nayeon then invites Jeongyeon to take pictures, when she kisses Jeongyeon's cheek. Jeongyeon is shocked.

 

Nayeon looked at him "wait for me if you really love me."

 

Jeongyeon did not answer. Nayeon hugged him. Jeongyeon keeps a secret about his wedding plans.

 

Flashback end

 

....

 

 

 

 

The King and the Secretary monitor Jeongyeon from afar. The secretary said that Jeongyeon looked sad that day, they thought it was because of this sudden Jeongyeon's wedding.

 

The king said "he must understand that it is his duty. One day Jeongyeon will take my place, so Jeongyeon must start learning that when he becomes king, he can not attach importance to his own feelings"

 

The king looks ill, the Secretary asks him to rest.

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile in a modest house but it felt warm there, in a room there was a girl who was painting. She has a dream to be a famous painter like Van Gogh. Her name is Myoui Mina.Mina lives with her father, who opened a traditional massage business. Her father was very good, even often giving free massages to his customers.Her mother is an ordinary housewife, her mother often scolded her father for giving out a free massage. She has a younger brother named Kay. Mina likes to fantasize and paint the prince of her dreams. The Prince without a face.

 

Kay often mocked her for that. Even that day Kay came to her sister's room and snatched the painting of his sister who was fantasizing about the prince again.

"Kay, return it to me! "Kay runs out and Mina chases after him.

 

Her father and mother are fighting over debt, her father cannot pay from his job because he always gives free massages.

Kay showed the painting to her mother. Her mother said "I've often seen you drawing a faceless prince, I'm curious to see the prince's face." His father also agreed.

 

"We have to wait for Mina to marry first then the Prince will have his face." Kay mocked her

 

Mina was annoyed at her brother.

 

Dad defended his daughter and scolded Kay, but in the end he told Kay to find a recipe for his massage oil. He gets mad when Mina and Kay say it's just ordinary coconut oil. His father kept talking about the great oil of his special order and the mother was annoyed to hear it. She the TV.

 

There is news about Prince Yoo. Her mother praised his handsomeness, while Mina was not interested.

 

His father said "all royal families are like that, very handsome, including me."

 

 Everyone is confused. Her father told them that he was part of the royal family. He said Mina's grandfather was once a friend of the king and the loyal guard of the king.

"Can't be trusted at all, because if that's true, why are we still poor until now?" Said Mina

"What? I'm not lying! "Her mother smiled because her husband was always upset about talking about the matter because no one believed him.

 

...

 

 

 

 

The king meets with his right-hand, who is asked to find out about the king's friend's family.The man says their families have no children or grandchildren who are the same age as crown prince Yoo's. The king then worried that the marriage could not be done. He asks if his right-hand has a solution.

The man said he knew that the previous king's bodyguard had a child running away from home, and the boy had a different last name. He has a daughter who is the age of the crown prince.

He showed the King the picture of the girl.

But the man said to the King, "we can deny it, because the girl's father's last name is different from the King

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter