Hormones and Puberty

Bad Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a clear night on the late September of 2016 and the members of NCT 127 are gathered in their dorms because the producers just announced that they will start preparing for a new album again which will be released on early January 2017. They were sharing a small feast when one of their managers arrived. The whole group was silenced for a while on the sudden arrival of their manager.

 

"I want to speak to Taeyong and Mark." Their manager said, eyeing each and everyone of them. A hand rose in the air, and stood up Lee Taeyong who's currently nibbling on a chicken drumstick, signaling the manager to let him finish what he's eating first.

 

"Where's Mark?... And by the way, where's Donghyuck, too?" The manager became alarmed when he noticed that the maknaes of the group are not with them. Winwin tried to answer his question, but he was cut halfway when the door from Mark and Donghyuck's room opened, and out came Mark who has his arm over Donghyuck's shoulder. They were talking about something while staring at each other's eyes when they noticed, by peripheral vision, the presence of their manager. They quickly straightened up and bowed in 90 degrees to greet. Yuta and Jaehyun were trying to restrain themselves from blurting out a loud laugh because of what had just happened.

 

"So... Taeyong, Mark, can we now step outside for a moment?"

 

"Ah Yes, Hyung. Of course." Taeyong answered, putting down the chicken bone on his plate. The manager went out first, then Taeyong followed. Mark squeezed Donghyuck's shoulder before following his Hyungs, the younger then perceived that action as a message that Mark will be back shortly and that he should save the older a seat beside him which he eventually did.

 

Taeyong, Mark and the Manager are now gathered outside.

 

"First of all, I would like to congratulate you and wish you good luck for your upcoming album and I wish that you work harder in this compared to Firetruck. And Mark I know you're also finalizing your debut with the new sub-unit, but I hope you can still work hard on this okay? With that, the producers are giving you a chance to participate in writing some of the lyrics of your upcoming album, and because the two of you are the main rappers, as well as, unit leaders, I'll give that task to you."

 

Taeyong and Mark looked at each other in excitement. The manager gave them a flash drive which contains the demo song. Taeyong held it in his palm like he's holding some kind of precious jewelry that costs a fortune. Taeyong and Mark really like participating in the lyric composition of their songs because they like the challenge of creating art out of words to match the art that was expressed through every note of the music. In the same way, they will be able to express their emotions through the song. They grabbed themselves a copy of the demo song, first before joining the rest of the members inside to continue with their feast and decided to just start planning about the song tomorrow. Mark sat next to Donghyuck who already had nibbled on 4 chicken legs.

 

"Hyuck-ah! Guess wha—" Mark was excited to share about the good news to Donghyuck, but the younger stuck a chicken leg into his mouth, stopping his words.

 

"Eat first, Hyung." The younger chuckled because of the older's hyperness. He already had a clue that something good and favorable for Mark had happened just by looking at the older's bright expression the moment he sat beside him.

 

The feast of NCT 127 ended at 10PM when they already noticed that Taeil is already snoring in the corner with an unfinished chicken wing on his hand. The NCT Hyungs, one by one, left the table while Johnny carried the sleeping Taeil to his room. As usual, Donghyuck, as the maknae, was left to do the dishes. Mark helped him in stacking the dishes on the table.

 

"Do you want to do the dishes, Hyung? You are always welcome to do it." Donghyuck said, as he stacked dishes. 

 

"EH?!"Mark stopped stacking dishes and looked at the younger, checking if he is being serious. "Well, if you're that tired, then I'll do it." Donghyuck laughed at the older's face. He knows Mark is not really a fan of doing dishes, especially this many. 

 

"I'm just joking, pabo. You can just help me put these in the sink, then you go fix the bed in our room, okay? I'm the king of the kitchen after all. I can finish this in no time and you know that." 

 

They carried the dishes to the sink and Donghyuck started washing them. He hums the tune of Once Again as he rubbed every plate with a bubbly sponge. Mark sat on the kitchen counters and just watched the younger from the back who is making small dance movements, swaying his bum in his short shorts as he wash the dishes in the tune he hums. Mark was trying to restrain his laugh because Donghyuck thinks that he is already in the room, fixing their bed. He can't believe that he hated this person infront of him to death before, and now, he doesn't even want Donghyuck out of his sight, wishing his presence is always by his side. Donghyuck annoys him the most, but he's also the one who understands Mark the most, and stirs his emotions in a crazy manner. He's both the Devil and the Angel of Mark's life, right now. 

 

He puts his earphones on and starts to listen to the demo song that the manager hyung gave them earlier. In the first minutes of the song, Mark already knew that this kind of song is not the kind of song that the fans will see as suitable for him nor for Donghyuck, but he had to admit that this music is his style. As he listened to the song further without leaving his gaze from Donghyuck, he can't help but to think that the music just made the younger ier in his eyes. He tried to shake away the thought, but it just kept coming back especially that Donghyuck is wearing short shorts that exposes more than 3/4 of his long legs and a jersey for a top that highlights his broad shoulders

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter