Mina's Ending

Misunderstandings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ice in itself can be formed in many different shapes and meanings.

 

Sometimes it's formed into icicles which are known for its very cold and sharp points that usually stays still in one spot until either something or someone breaks the icicle away from its originating spot.

 

Sometimes it's formed as simply ice laid in the ground due to cold weather. People's reaction either points to slipping and being annoyed by the ice, or another reaction is utilizing the ice to do ice skating. Basically, location, perception, and possibly mood matters with this form.

 

And...sometimes it's in the form of multiple ice pieces. This type of ice is usually inputted on cups to make certain drinks more cold, inputted on bags to place on either injuries or forehead, etc. In short, this type of ice is, in a way, the type that's there for a sort of relief or healing process, one that typically ignores the coldness of the ice because it's distracted by the comfortness it provides.

 

One way we can look at these different types of ice are the different ways that people perceive Mina as an individual.

 

Some saw Mina as an icicle, who seemed very cold and sharp with her words based on their interactions with her. Curious people would try to break the icicle from its originating spot, however before that could happen, Mina would instead sharpen the point of the icicle to prevent people from getting close or would create another icicle as a defense mechanism to isolate herself from others. These were usually her peers that hear rumors about her.

On the other hand, the ground ice imagery represents some of the reactions to the rumors: those that are annoyed and jealous of Mina and those that don't think much of the rumors since they are acquainted with Mina. It didn't really matter what the rumors were, regarding if it's about her personality, appearance, status, etc., people were just going to hold a variety of reactions no matter what.

But...the form that is rarely talked about within those rumors is the form of multiple ice pieces. In a way, you can think of those pieces as hearts or times where Mina would give compassion to the people who she cared for. Certain people thought the ice pieces helped, in other times they didn't need it but were grateful, and in other times unfortunately the ice pieces were placed in the wrong place and ended up melting into water.

 

 

- - - -

"You have to give me back the ticket! You don't even have a reason to watch this premier in the first place!" I half-yelled on the phone after Mina stated that she refuses to give the ticket back.

"I'm curious about it. Is that not a good enough reason for you?" She said in a petty tone, almost infuriating me. I mean, we are talking about my favorite actress appearing in the premier, like literally tickets were sold out so even if I wanted to get another ticket, I couldn't!

"Are you seriously doing this on purpose to get back at me? I didn't think you'd stoop that low." I blurted out, expecting her to have a comeback for my statement but instead I received a long silence.

 

Did she hung up the call?

 

I thought to myself, checking my phone. I saw that she didn't hung up, but then since I moved the phone away from my ear, I couldn't hear what she had said afterwards.

"...Is it that difficult to go with me instead of the squirrel?" Mina mutters as she listens to your tone of voice and how you would rather take back the ticket to go with Sana rather than going with her.

"What did you say?" I asked after moving my phone near my ear again to hear her.

"Anyway good luck trying to find me if you want that ticket!" Mina exclaimed as she hung up the call, leaving me in a bad mood as I head back home.

 

 

...

I had very little time to find her with the campus being huge and all, but even then there weren't many clues on where to find Mina since I didn't have any class with her the next day. I tried contacting Nayeon for help but even she couldn't help me with the reason that Mina will kick her if Nayeon helps me.

In the end, time ran out and the movie premier will start in about an hour and I ended up talking to Sana about the whole thing because I didn't know what to do. Talking to Sana the last minute, part of me wanted to hear the words "Are you serious?! In that case, let's just forget about the movie and hang out together!" Or something along those lines, but instead she said the opposite.

"Why not just go? I mean, you paid for it after all." I looked at her with disbelief.

"Were you listening to me? Mina will be there!" I repeated again, but there was no change of expression in Sana's face. She remained serious.

"So? Is her being there really have to affect you and your overall experience of the event?"

"Yes! ...I mean first off, she's not even a fan. Second, her presence will just distract me!" From my response, Sana rolls her eyes.

"Listen to yourself for a second, how exactly is she going to distract you and talk to you when this is a movie premier? The whole time you and the audience would just be focused on watching the movie. If anything, if she does talk to you, then she is basically distracting everyone there who wants to watch the movie." Thinking about it, Sana is right. Why should I let Mina ruin the experience? Mina probably doesn't expect me to go, so maybe it'll turn out that she won't go!

"- of course it's up to you so if you don't want to go then we can-"

"I'll go! Thanks for the advice Sana, gotta go!" I interrupted, rushing off to get dressed and prepare since there was one hour left till the premier starts.

 

 

- - - -

I sat on my seat based on the number I had on my ticket matching with the seat number, which was basically in the slightly left-middle area of the whole seating arrangement. I was thinking of what to say once Mina arrives since when buying the two tickets, I had it initially arranged for us sit next to each other had Sana got the other ticket instead.

 

Hm..should I say "Hah, didn't think I would arrive huh?!" ...no, that's just too much..

 

Just as I was about to be lost in thought, I then noticed that someone sat on the seat next to me, to be specific the seat that was supposed to be the one that had the other ticket.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter