Sequel Part 1

Misunderstandings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whenever I made a decision, it results with two possible outcomes:

 

1) I gain something and I lose something at the same time.

2) I lose everything due to my indecision.

 

There is no 3rd option that I could choose, where I gain everything, because if I were to go beyond the two outcomes and receive only benefit, the norms would label me as a selfish being.

But why is being selfish considered wrong? If everyone in the world were to be selfless human beings, then no one would know what they want in their life. If no one knows what they want, then what's the point of being selfless?

As much as I loved the concept of genies, I never want to be someone's genie. If I were to always be the one that grants their wishes, then when will it be their turn to grant mine?

In a way, Sana was considered to be your genie.

"Your wish is my command." A particular phrase that a genie would say in certain films, but in Sana's case, the phrase is shown through her actions.

You have already told Sana about your uality, in which Sana had accepted easily since she was the same, though the only difference was that Sana did not reveal about it to you yet, making you assume that she was straight.

The choice to not reveal about herself was part of the 2nd outcome in her decision-making. If she had chosen to go through outcome 1, where she reveals her own uality, then she could have gained the courage to be in a new relationship with you. However at the same time, that was risky, since the current relationship she has with you now could have never been the same.

Of course again, she could not choose a 3rd option, because she was stuck as being your genie. She was stuck listening to who your crushes were. She was stuck seeing your attention go to someone else. She was stuck pretending that everything was okay despite being in a jealous state. She was stuck in a lamp, merely watching over you until you finally gave her attention by rubbing the lamp and setting her free from being stuck. But at times that would only be temporarily since once your wish has been granted, she would then have to return back to the lamp and wait for another wish to appear.

After all, she was your genie. ...

But accordingly, Sana was the one that made the choice to be your genie. She made the choice to watch over you. She made the choice to be stuck. She made the choice to grant your wishes.

After all, a genie gives wishes, not receives it.

 

----

 

Right now Sana and I were sitting on the floor, our backs against the wall while we wait for a class inside the room across from us to finish so that we can enter. "Sana, can you believe this?!" I exclaimed, showing her an Instagram post about a female celebrity visiting the area. Specifically my favorite actress was going to a first primeiring of their latest movie. It showed that the movie tickets were going to be available in about ten minutes.

Sana on the other hand was in daze. She was recalling back to Mina's expression when Sana had clung onto your arm. In a way, she felt guilty to take you away from her, but another part of her was happy that she won. Although she won this battle, Sana hasn't won the war. She still needed to win your heart. Currently, there is a high risk that she will be stuck inside the lamp of being a genie, stuck being in this friendship that could result to being friend zoned.

"Sana? ...Oi Sana! ..."

"SANA!"

"Eek!" Sana felt her ears deafen from the scream.

"What the f-" Before Sana could curse, I smacked the back of her head.

"You better not swear at me! Were you even listening to me?"

"Er..No, not really. Sorry." I sighed, but soon afterwards replaced it with a small grin. At least she was honest.

"As I was saying, do you have any plans this Friday?" I asked, hoping that she doesn't have any plans. I already bought two tickets to the movies right before it sold out, and I was hoping to watch it with Sana.

"Ah, yeah. I have a midterm for my psychology class.."

"Oh, right.." I nodded in acknowledgement. I already finished my midterms since they were held early, but I forgot that other students were still anticipating for their midterms.

"When do you think you'll finish your midterm?"

"Hm, my exam begins at 12:30, so I should be finished by 1:45..which is basically taking the whole class time for me to finish heheh..." Sana lightly chuckles, then lets out a defeated sigh. I also let out a defeated sigh. The premier starts at 12:15, so Sana won't be able to go with me.

"You better study ok! I don't want you to flunk an exam."

"Yes yes, madam." Sana said with sarcastic formality, to which I responded by rolling my eyes.

Just then, the door across from us opens and students began to leave the class, including the professor who was teaching that class. Sana and I proceeded to stand up, picking up our backpacks as we waited for everyone to leave the classroom. While waiting for them to leave, I wondered who was available at Friday to watch the movie with me. After all, I bought two tickets.

I did not want the other ticket to go to waste.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter