Rumors

Stand By Me - The Secret Of A Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It didn’t take long for the current incident to spread like wild fire. Most residents of Castle Rock were informed. Everyone had their own opinion about it, including Jackson’s former friends. Actually, they weren’t really close friends, something in between the parties that nobody had a definition of. His former friends are older, around twenty years old, but you could say that they were more furious than what you would expect from young adults. They are living like there is no tomorrow which meant driving around with their cars, smoking, drinking and everything else they wanted to do because their parents weren’t deciding over them anymore. They only want to experience freedom, not caring about the consequences this lifestyle can bring along. His former friends think they can do whatever they want and that’s what they do. It was simple for them and what comes in their way will be eliminated. That sounds kind of dumb, but with a total number of four young men who would use violence at any given time to hit their goal, you better stay away from them. This was not a game for them. If they want, they can hire even more people to fight back.

Bobby was aware of all these facts yet he doesn’t fear them like others would easily do. Still, in his present situation he had to retreat. He was just walking out of his house when his step mother called him back for a favor. She wanted him to bring her the watering can out of the summer house that stood in their yard. Their relation wasn’t the best as Bobby’s father forced them to get along with each other.

It was two days ago almost three when Bobby had to rush behind the house and hide himself behind the wall. It's not his parents’ fault that coincidentally Woohyun and Dongwoo had to live in the same street, but once in a while they walked through the gardens to abbreviate their ways. “s,” He thought, watching the scene. Out of all days they had to be here today and Bobby wasn't in the mood to confront them even though he wouldn’t hesitate to do so. It's his house, so he wanted to defend it yet his mother was waiting for him to bring her the watering can. He doesn't want her to get involved in such a thing since she doesn’t know anything about his background therefore Bobby had to take the opportunity and hide, but that didn't mean he wouldn't watch them and listen.

“Damn Woohyun. We have to do something about it?'' Dongwoo, a boy with a bright dirty smile, called to his friend who was a step ahead of him. Dongwoo is a fragile type and carried the title ‘wannabe’ among the group.

He eagerly wanted an answer from his friend where up Woohyun commented lazily back. “Who cares?'' Stopping in the middle of Bobby's yard, Woohyun put out his lighter to give fire to his cigarette that he had in his hand the entire time.

Dongwoo watched him patiently and thought for a while if he should smoke one too. The option was there. That might relax him about the event. “But we saw him? You know what the police is going to do.'' He put in as an argument, still watching the fug which was caused from the cigarette. It became their gang symbol if you are thinking about it.

“The fool is dead, so who cares? Not him anymore, I guess.'' Woohyun was somehow annoyed by the question yet he stated his point of view with cocky hand gestures, the smoke was everywhere now. “And who gives a if they are really going to find him?'' Woohyun declared closely while the fug came out of his mouth in the same sentence. “Not me.'' He added elegantly, taking some steps further. The conversation was bull for him.

It seemed that they had to go somewhere urgently, but Dongwoo was stopping him again. Bobby heard everything and knew who they meant with ‘fool’ however he discovered this puzzle he couldn't solve just now. “Police?'' He was telling himself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter