Chapter 2

Downpour in Our Time

Hongbin feel like there is something wrong with Eunyoung as she didn't talk too much, unlike usual. Usually, she's the one who are hyperactive and leads their conversation. He glanced at Wonshik, asking with his eyes 'what's wrong with her?' but then sighed when Wonshik just shrugged his shoulder as answering 'I don't know.'

Eunyoung keep staring ouside the window.

Beep! Suddenly a message reach her inbox. 

 

From: Wheein

Unni, let's meet. I'll wait at usual place. I miss you ^-^

 

She chuckled at Wheein's word. 'Aigoo, this kid.' 

 

To: Wheein

Wait a min. Unni will go to you. I miss you too, my dongsaeng ^-^

 

She stand up and went out from the class without even looking at Hongbin. She needs to clear her mind at the moment. And Wheein just save her from Hongbin's continuous stare.

Hongbin just plans to follow her when Woori suddenly called him. "Hongbin-ssi. Can we talk for a moment?"

"Yeah? Oh okay. What is it?" He followed Woori when she gestured them to move to more quite place. He doesn't have any idea that Woori is going to talk bad things about Eunyoung. She determined to make Hongbin hate Eunyoung and cut their friendship eventhough she has to slander her, and it would be easier if Hongbin would trust her word.

 

 

"Unni! Here."

She waves her hand as she saw Eunyoung approaching their usual hangout places, a bench under the tree near the school field. 

"Wheein-ah! I miss you, my dongsaeng. How are you? I haven't see you around these day." She asked Wheein as she hugs her.

"I'm fine. Just busy with the festival." Wheein just smiled at her. 'You looked unhappy.' Wheein can read her face. "Where's Hwasa? Moonbyul unni and Solar unni?" She just shrugged her shoulders at Eunyoung's question while smiling.

"She absent today. That girl left me alone at school today. That two unnies are busy, well. They are the school council, remember? They left me alone. I feel so lonely. Thank goodness I have you. If not, I'll kill them all. Hmmph!" Wheein complained as those unnies are too busy to even spend time with her today. Eunyoung smiled as Wheein pouted while looking at her with her puppy eyes.

'Aigoo this kid, really. So cute.' She hate to accept her defeat whenever Wheein's puppy eyes are looking at her.

"So, do you want to talk?" She suprised by Wheein's question. "About what?"

"Unni, I've know everything. Solar unni has told me. So, do you want to talk, or how?" Eventhough Wheein is younger than her, but she is matured than her age. That's why she can rely on Wheein when it comes to her problems.

"Okay. I'll talk."

 

 

 

Hongbin can't believe what Woori just told him. 'No way. Eunyoung isn't like that. She won't hurt others.'

"I know you don't believe me. But I have witnesses who saw all her doings. But it all true. She slaps me then pulled my hair while threathening me to stay away from you. She hates me close with you, eventhough just as friend. She just jealous seeing you talking to other girl except her. She even got the MAMAMOO's on her back. They threathen me to keep my mouth shut about this thing.But I think you should know about this." Woori keep adding fuels to Hongbin's heart as she saw his expression are slightly changed. 'I've told you. He would believe me. Serve your right Eunyoung. He will be mine.' She smirk while looked at Hongbin's face.

"Well that's is her problem! She don't even have right to control with who I befriend with. How dare she touch you. She's not my owner. She's changed. I can't believe she dared to do that." Hongbin feel angry when Woori said that. "Well, I heard she spent her middle school at UK. Maybe, she was influenced over there? Or she befriend with wrong people?" Woori keeps badmouth Eunyoung, wants Hongbin to just believe her word.

"I'll talk to her later. Are you okay. You don't hurt anywhere right? I'm sorry for her behalf." Hongbin apologised as he checking Woori's face. For him, Woori is the most gentle girl he ever met, thats why he would believe anything that Woori told her.

 

 

She felt relieved when Wheein told her that Solar will look after the problems and investigate about it. At least, she won't have to worry about Woori's threat. About the threatening letter in her locker, she know it's all Woori's doing. But she doesn't even know that Woori would slander her to Hongbin. Or, to her classmates. Eunyoung felt a strange atmosphere when she stepped into her classroom, all her classmates looked at her. Glaring at her, to be exact. But she more suprised when she saw Hongbin's stare same with them, except she can sense fire in Hongbin's eyes as she felt Hongbin would yelled at her.

"Whoa. I knew it. From the time she said she spent her middle school oversea, I knew that there is something wrong with her." one of her classmates talk sarcastically while glaring at her. 

"What do you mean?" she felt angered to build up in her. "Who are you, to do such things to Woori? Are you a gangster? Woori doesn't do anything wrong to you." the boy speaks as he keep shoving Eunyoung's shoulder.

"Watch your mouth, Jaehee! You don't even know the truth." Eunyoung feel so angry as all of them believe that she threathen Woori. But she feel more angry when Hongbin doesn't even bother to defend her. Wonshik also sensed something is wrong with Hongbin but he don't dare to say anything.

"What? So you're saying that Woori is lying?" Jaehee got more aggresively as he push Eunyoung harder. Wonshik was about to stand when Jaehee suddenly pushed Eunyoung hard and her body hit the locker really hard and fell on the floor. The class suddenly quite. Wonshik clearly heard Eunyoung yelped when her back hit the locker. He quickly stand up and rushed to help Eunyoung.

"Yahh Hongbin! What are you doing? Help her!" He suddenly felt angry at Hongbin as Hongbin just stay and doesn't even bother to lift his to help Eunyoung.

"What? She's just fine. She can get up on her own." Hongbin just smirk at him without even glance to Eunyoung.

'She's your friend, bastard!' But he just said in his heart, as he don't want to quarrel with Hongbin as he needs to help Eunyoung. "Are you okay? Can you get up?" He put his hand around Eunyoung's shoulder to help her to stand up.

Eunyoung tried to get up at Wonshik's help but she yelped slowly but enough for Wonshik to hear when she suddenly felt a sharp pain on her back. She hold her tears as she doesn't want to cry in front of all.

"Are you okay? It is hurt?" He asked with worried face. "Come. Let's go to the infirmary." he carry Eunyoung in bridal style when he know that she can't get up on her own. Before he stepped out, he glared at Hongbin.

" You need to talk with me about this later." 

Honngbin sensed Wonshik's tones has changed into serious mode.

 

Ken was just about to get out from the infirmary when he saw Wonshik carrying Eunyoung hurriedly heading there. 'Is she hurt?' he just about to give way to Wonshik when he saw Eunyoung's face has turned pale and beads of sweat on her face.

"What's wrong with her?" He asked the boy.

"Her back banged to the locker and she fell on the floor. But she can't get up. I heard she yelped." Wonshik told Ken what just happened earlier after he carefully put Eunyoung on the bed and the nurse came to treat her.

"You stayed here with her. I'll go and find Moonbyul and I want you to tell her everything that you have told me earlier." Ken ordered him to stay while he went to find Moonbyul. He know, Moonbyul really adored Eunyoung and won't stay still if anything happen to her beloved dongsaeng.

 

"We need take her to hospital immediately. I'm afraid that she might crack her bone or something when she hit the locker. Her face keep turned pale." Said the nurse as she called the ambulance. Wonshik just nodded. "I'll go with her."

The paramedics just about to take her into the ambulance when Moonbyul, Hani, Solar and Ken arrived at the infirmary. "Shik-ah, what happen?" Solar asked the boy.

"She needed to be taken to the hospital immediately. She suddenly unconscious. I'm sorry noona. For not taken good care of her. I'll go with her to the hospital. I've got the permission. I'll update to you later." Wonshik apologised to Solar as he failed to fulfill his promise to his noona to take care of Eunyoung.

 

Eunyoung was rushed to the ER as she was unconscious all the way to the hospital. Wonshik was waiting at the outside of the ER as the doctors are rescuing Eunyoung when a man suddenly approaching him, asking "Where is she? Where is Eunyoung?"

"She's insi-"

"Shim Eunyoung's family?" the doctor asking him. "No, I'm her fri-" his word was cut as the earlier man answered, "I'm her brother. How is she?"

"The impact on her back are quite strong. Luckily she doesn't put any pressure on it but I'm afraid that her old injury might returns. If that happened, it might affected her nerves. But don't worry, we'll try our best to save her." the doctor explains everythings to the man while Wonshik just stared at the man. "Okay. Thank you doctor." His face look a little bit relieved.

"Who are you?" Wonshik snapped to reality when the man suddenly asked his name. "I'm Wonshik. Kim Wonshik, Eunyoung's friend. I'm sorry, but who are you? And what with her old injury things?" He clearly hear the doctor mentions it.

"Ah. Sorry. I'm her older brother, Yoo SeungHo." He smiled at Wonshik.

"Her oppa? But she are Shim, but you are Yoo. I don't understand." Wonshik clearly don't understand how this man can be her older brother.

Seungho just smiled at his question and started to explain.

"Our parent separated when we both still kids. I use our dad's last name and she use our mom's last name. I followed our dad returned back to Korea while she stay with our mom there. I found out that she came back here just few days before she return back to UK. That's after our parent want us to meet and knew each other. Our parent are still good to each other eventhough they has separated. I overheard our parent's conversation as my mom want us to take care of Eunyoung if there anything happen to her. But we don't even expected that it was her last word to my dad. A week after they went back, they involved in accidents. Our mom died on the scene, but Eunyoung's legs got stuck and she lost lot of blood. So she had been in coma for about 3 months and spending almost a year and half doing physiotherapy, trying to recover her nerves that was affected during the accident and gained back strength on her legs. She suffered so much, learning how to walk again. I can't bear to watch her in that condition. But she are a strong girl. She never complained about her pains or hardships. She diligently took private classes, or can I say hospital schooling? Something like homeschooling like that. She keep saying that she need to return here because she has promised to someone. She doesn't want to change her name, saying she wants to keep her mother's last name. Our father give in and bring her home after she has fully recover and enrolled her to the local middle school so that she can finished her middle school and so that she can enrolled to high school normally as her peers. She was so happy when she can enrolled the high school normally. That's why we're worried when we heard she hurt her back. We're afraid that her nerves might affected again." Seungho explained as he sweep his tears.

His long explaination made Wonshik's quite shocked when he learned that she was being hospitalised for a long time. "I'm sorry. I don't know about this. I just started close to her when she came to our class and also because my noona asked me to take care of her since we in the same class." Seungho just nodded his head as he know who is Wonshik's noona. Solar was her middle school junior, and Eunyoung went to the same school with Solar, Moonbyul, Wheein and Hwasa. He's the one who asked Solar to watch for Eunyoung at school. He remember Solar had once mentioned her dongsaeng's name. Thats how he know Wonshik is Solar's donsaeng.

"That's okay. Thanks for taking care of her. Hmm, where's Hongbin?" Seungho asked him as he didn't see Hongbin around. He know Hongbin is Eunyoung's bestfriend since kindergarten.  Wonshik's expression changed a little bit when Seungho mentioned his name.

"Don't even bother about him, hyung. He still at school. He's fine. Hope he reflected on himself." The last sentence is more like he's talking to himself.

Seungho sensed the tense in Wonshik's voice but he just shrugged his shoulders. He won't interfere in their problems. "But hyung. Do Hongbin know about this?"

Seungho just smiled. "No. Eunyoung doesn't want him to know. So, don't tell him anything." He remember Eunyoung even got on her knees, begged.

"But-" Wonshik's word got cut as Seungho looked at Wonshik with meaningful look.

 "Don't worry. I'll settle with him later."

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N hey guys. i'm making solar and wonshik as sibling as they have the same last name, the KIM. hehehe and yoo seungho is eunyoung's oppa, older by 3 years. it was inspired fom the drama imaginary cat, that seungho and solar starred in. as usual, feel free to contribute ideas!:)