Found

For Life

The musky smell of cologne. A pair of warm, comforting arms wrapped around your back. And soothing rubs on your back telling you it's ok. You nearly believed it was. Everything felt right. You had your best friend back. Suddenly, it didn't feel like you were alone, fighting a lonely battle by yourself. 

Without realising, tears fell from your eyes, onto the chest of the man before you. He said nothing. Merely  your head. You felt like a child. But you were scared. 

Looking up at Baekhyun, his brown eyes stared back at you, full of concern. Hold on... Brown...? The colours, they're back!

It took some persuasion of your inner self before you were willing to part from Baekhyun, yet his hands unwrapped themselves from you ever so slowly, slightly wary, unsure if you were back to normal yet. 

"Feeling better now?" 

"Loads. Thanks. You can go back to your soulmate now." It came out slightly harsher than you expected it to.

"Ungrateful. Is this how you treat me after I cabbed all the way down here the minute you called? I was so worried!" His eyebrows furrowed and you could tell that he was still a little panicky. Indeed. Byun Baekhyun. "I smell jealousy."

It was that smirk again. 

"Well, everything's fine now. So thanks." You shrugged him off and turned to walk away from him. 

"What was up though? I'm not going to spend 60 bucks on my cab fare just to hear a "thanks" from Ms Sulky. Speak." 

What exactly happened? You wern't sure either.

"It's none of your business, Mr Oh So Nosy." There it goes again. You could nearly see the back of your eye sockets with that eye roll. 

"Roll your eyes all you want, I'm not sending you to the hospital for an emergency procedure if it never returns to it's original position. Nor am I leaving until I hear the entire story. Word. For. Word."

You were partially annoyed by his insistence. Yet also secretly touched that he was so concerned. 

"Fine."

"Baekhyun 1, you  zero." Baekhyun grinned. 

You resisted all of your urge to hit him, and took a deep breath.

"Time's ticking. Stop wasting my time you old hag." His smirk grew. He knew he was achieving his sole purpose in life - to annoy the life out of you. And you wern't going to let him have his way. I hate you, Byun Baek Hyun. 

"Soooooooooooo", he urged you on, eyes wide with anticipation. 

"Soooooo", scowling, he jabbed you in the ribs. "Ok, I get it. I'm sorry. Can you hurry up and speak now?"

"I don't really know what happened, actually."

"Are you serious?! All this suspense built up to nothing?! Is it your time of the month again?!" He looked so genuinely frustrated that you nearly felt bad. Nearly. 

"Hold on, I remember you mentioning something about colours disappearing. Did you finally meet your soul mate?"

Wait. Waaaaait. WAIT. WHAT?

Suddenly, everything clicked. The flashes of disappearance, the dark store, the dull flowers. It all made sense now. 

Am I Stupid?!

"Yeah. Did you only realise now? Not sure how you even managed to make it into University." 

Did I really say that out loud?

You REALLY wanted to wipe that stupid grin off his face. "So what are the details?"

"Like hell I'm telling you after being constantly bullied by you since the second I calmed down."

"Who else would you tell? I'm your best friend." You hated that he was right. 

"I really... Don't remember." 

"Your only opportunity and you blew it. Way to go, here's to you staying single for the rest of your life!" 

"Stop rubbing it in my face just because you found yours, you didn't get her during the first meeting either!"

"I was just joking. But honestly, did you not even catch a glimpse of his face?"

"All I heard was the chimes jingling. I don't think he even opened the door fully. I was too shocked by the surge of disappearing colours to notice anything else."

"Well, that was completely useless."

"YOU are completely useless. Shut up." You closed your eyes, trying to remember, even the slightest little thing you could, of the incident that happened a few hours back. 

Looking at flowers. Closed eyes. Deep Breath. Bliss. Chimes. Shock. Shock. Shock...

"Shock!" 

"Like you haven't shocked me enough to last me my whole life in just one day." It was his turn to roll his eyes. 

"No, SHOCK!" Baekhyun now stared at you like you just lost a screw. In your head. 

"Great. You've finally lost it. I thought this day would come, but didn't think it'll come this soon." 

This time, you hit him on the head.

"No, I remember now. His expression of shock. He had such huge eyes. They were ... mesmerising."

Loud gaffaws got you back into reality. Baekhyun wiped tears from his eyes as he clutched his stomach. 

"You should've seen the look on your face. It was priceless! What a lovestruck fool."

You couldn't care less. You've finally met him. Him. And his doe-like eyes were permenantly etched into your memory.