Ch. 2

From The Start You and I

"Eat slowly, Jae," Mark said, looking at Jaebum eating the second ramyeon.

"I’m really very hungry now." Jaebum said on the sidelines of his meal.

Mark sniffed softly, "I know ... but, at least eat slowly," Mark said as he taking the tissue on the table, then wiped the corner of Jaebum's mouth after the younger man overheard his meal. "You eat like a child."

Jaebum brushed off his hand and quickly grabbed a tissue and wiped his mouth. "Stop playing with me, Mark"

"Why? Are you embarrassed, hm? "Mark teased and got a death glare from Jaebum.

Mark is not frightened by Jaebum's death glare, he laughs hard at Jaebum's death glare with red tinge on both cheeks. Jaebum who saw it just rolled his eyes lazily and chose to look towards the river han that show the sun will be down.

annoyed to hear laughter from Mark, Jaebum snorted softly "You think because of who I'm starving? Because of you, I waited for an hour. "

Instantly Mark stopped laughing and the mood was silent. No one of them speaks only the sounds of people passing by who enliven around them for a moment the atmosphere around them becomes awkward. Mark is just bowed his head, and Jaebum is still watching the sun that will drown.

Jaebum, uncomfortable with his awkwardness with Mark, began to glance at the older man, momentarily feeling guilty about what he had said. Everyone must have made a mistake right? And they must have his own reasons why he was late as well as Mark he must have his own reason why he was late. Breathing slowly Jaebum tried to talk,

"Mark, Jae ..." Mark and Jaebum said at the same time making the two of them gaze at each other and then they laughed at the same incident, feeling they had the same thoughts and finally they sounded each other.

"You go first, Jae" said Mark invited Jaebum to speak first. 

Jaebum shook his head. "No, you go first, Mark." 

Mark again bowed his head, making Jaebum guilty by what he had said. He should not have said that to Mark, at least Mark was trying to come.

"Forgive me once more, Jae." Mark said finally.

"What?" Jaebum is puzzled as to what Mark apologizes to him. "What for?"

"Make you wait .."

"I already said it’s okay right ..." Jaebum said with a small smile.

Mark looked at the younger man with a look of disbelief, "but, it looks like you're so upset about it.."

"Everyone must be late ... and you must have a reason for your tardiness."

Mark laughs in a positive way of thinking in Jaebum, he is a figure of extraordinary leader. "You're too good, Jae ..." Mark says, smiling a little. "Actually, it's not completely Jackson's fault. I'm also wrong here. I'm late to get up and then Jackson didn’t wake me."

"Hm? Late awake? "

"You know I just came back from LA ..." Jaebum nodded with Mark's statement. "And I lied about my arrival to Korea .. because you're not in the dorm so, I'll say if I came yesterday."

Jaebum looked at Mark seriously. "Then, exactly when did you come to Korea?"

"This afternoon"

"What ?!" Jaebum said incredulously. "And in the evening you asked me to meet?"

Mark just nodded to justify Jaebum's words. He just came home this afternoon and met Jaebum in the afternoon. Actually, he also tired of traveling from LA to Korea is not a short trip but, really he really wanted to meet with Jaebum as soon as he wanted to say something he has not had time to say when going back to LA because of Jaebum's absence in dorm. And today he has planned it well so that he can tell the man in front of him today. Mark could not stand it any longer.

"You shouldn't have to force yourself to meet me today." Jaebum said Mark looked worried. "And there's another day of our day off before we get back to work."

Mark looked up at Jaebum, "Can’t!" Mark said with a firm tone of voice that he was serious. "I ... I need to see you today."

"Why?"

Mark thought for a moment as he looked over at the Han River, "I do not know why, but I'm sure I want to see you today."

"What?" Jaebum does not believe in his hearing.

Mark turned his gaze to Jaebum and looked at him closely. "I want to see you today, Jae."

Jaebum paused for a moment to digest Mark's words, then he laughed out loud as he clutched his stomach. "Your jokes are so funny, Mark"

"I'm serious, Jae"

"Mark, we almost meet each day, stay together, one car together, sing along .. and you still want to see me?"

With the same smile Mark replied, "I want to see you when me and you both alone, Jae." Mark said. "Just when your eyes are on me, and my eyes are on you."

Jaebum stopped laughing, looked at Mark for a moment and bowed his head. He did not know what else to say, everything Mark said, his gaze that did not indicate that he was playing with Jaebum back to feel the beat of his abnormal beating jaw, his cheeks beginning to heat up simply because of Mark's simple words. No .. that's not simple, for Jaebum it is something that makes himself somehow so happy even very happy and eager to hear it again ... again ... and again ... like a sleeping song.

"Jae? Are you all right?" Mark asked in a worried tone.

"H-huh?" Jaebum raised his head. "Yes, I-I'm all right."

"Are you sure? Your face is very red, do you have a fever?" Mark reached out to Jaebum and pressed his palm against Jaebum's forehead. "But you're not hot at all."

Jaebum pushed his hand away from his forehead, "Because I didn’t get a fever, Mark," he assured the older man in front of him. "It's just a cool temperature effect."

“You’re right. We've been sitting here for too long. " Mark said agree with the opinion of Jaebum, the more night it will get colder. "Why do not we go?"

"Where?"

Mark folded his hands in front of his chest. "Hmmm ..." he thought for a moment then he tapped both hands feeling a good idea. "We go to Namsan tower!"

Jeabum smiled to show his smile eyes and nodded. "That’s a good idea, there's a beautiful scene in the night."


•    

"I'm sorry, didn't follow your advice, Jae." Mark said as he positioned himself among the crowd in the bus.

"I also will not understand if the bus will be full of this." Jaebum said that also tried to survive in between push people in the bus. "how stupid I am-aw!"

"I'm sorry, Jae, I did not mean to." Mark said quickly after realizing he stepped on Jaebum's foot. "Are you all right?"

Jaebum smiled through his pain. "It's all right. Don’t be too-woah!"

Instantly Jaebum felt the time stopped. He was stunned and too shocked to realize what was really going on, only to realize that his body was now attached to Mark's body, his face just a few inches from Mark's face, with his wrist in his hand tightly gripped by Mark.

Jaebum could not let go of his gaze, his tongue was too split to say a word from his mouth. Now his gaze shifted to Mark's lips that look so tempting, Jaebum began to think what it was like to kiss Mark? Is it sweet or what ... he really can’t think anything, without realizing himself getting closer ... approaching ... and approaching to shorten the distance of both of them. Jaebum's eyes were fixed on Mark's lips.

"What the hell is that ?! Drive carefully, sir!" Said one of the passengers who was in front.

Immediately Jaebum realized what he was going to do, he quickly pulled his arm from Mark's grasp, backing away from Mark though, in fact, had no effect whatsoever. he was still close enough to Mark. At least not as close as he did. then he turned his face and closed half his face with his hand, unable to see Mark right now, what he did was enough to make him fall into the sea and die. Now what Mark thinks after what he did ...

On the other side, Mark knows what will happen, he believes and does not believe what Jaebum will do to him. For him the incident was a green light for him who thought that Jaebum also felt the same way he felt. but all that had failed, he thought would thank the bus driver but now he just wanted to curse one of the passengers who dare to ruin his moment. He would almost get a kiss from Jaebum, and only one of the passengers yelled at the bus driver, and he failed to get his chance. It felt like Mark wanted to scream or swear at a passenger earlier. Now what should he say to Jaebum not to make any of them awkward?

Mark starts to feel the bus running again and Jaebum still does not want to see it at all. Mark really can’t stand it but he doesn’t know what he should do to make everything back as before. It was like he wanted to explode, to be in a bus with a jolt as it made his headache even more so we could not stand properly. Shortly after he thought he could not stand properly, he got an idea how to get Jaebum to look at him and talk to him. Not wanting to see Jaebum fall, Mark wraps his arms around Jaebum's waist and pulls him close to Mark. Jaebum, who had been trying to be quiet and not looking at Mark, suddenly jerked as someone wrapped his arms around his waist that was none other than Mark. Jaebum did not think, what the man in front of him was thinking? Is he not annoyed at all or feeling awkward about what he's done? Then why like this?

"W-what does this mean?" Jaebum asked after a pause.

"What?" Mark asked with his innocent face.

Jaebum starts to get annoyed with Mark's impression of playing with him, "why are your arms in my waist?"

"Oh ... this?" Mark said, glancing at his arm. "I'm just trying to protect you from falling, Jaebum-ah."

Jaebum immediately tried to unleash Mark's arm from his waist but, the man in front of him was getting closer to wrap his arms around Jaebum's waist and Jaebum just whimpered and stared at the older man sharply.

"Let go, Mark." Jaebum said trying not to raise his voice. "I do not-"

"Shut up and listen to me this time, Jae." Cut Mark quickly. "Stop being stubborn for just this time."

"but-"

Mark put his finger on Jaebum's lips to keep the younger man from him silent. "Why are you so stubborn, huh?" Mark looked at Jaebum with a worried look as he slowly lowered his finger. "Everyone needs people to protect him, Jae."

Jaebum just paused while looking at Mark then put his head on Mark's shoulder, "I'm tired .."

"Rest, Jae .. I'll hold you." Mark whispered in Jaebum's ear. "Believe me .."

Jaebum was silent and did not respond to Mark's words, but he heard what the man whispered very clearly and then closed his eyes for a moment. Honestly Jaebum is very tired not physically exhausted but, he feels his mind is very tired with today don’t understand what is happening to him he can only think and think about it but there is no definite result of the question of himself. He did not want this to end quickly but, he was also upset why did not get the answer what really happened to him? Why was she so weak in Mark's presence? He just wants to know the answer and everything will not be this complicated.

"Jaebum-ah" called Mark softly. "we have arrived."

Jaebum looked up at the window to make sure that he had reached the destination, why he did not hear the voice of the bus driver saying that they would reach their stop? Not much thought he walked slowly out of the bus while removing his bus card from his wallet.

"I'll do it, Jae." Mark said while blocking Jaebum from pulling out the card.

Jaebum just silence and obeys Mark this time, he is tired to argue with the older man. They finally get out of the bus and start walking into the Namsan Tower. There was no sound between them, those who were preoccupied with each thought, especially Jaebum, who was still thinking of what was happening to him, which Mark was thinking about how he confess his feelings to Jaebum and thinking over and over that this was not a good day to say it. Irritated by the vibration of the phone in his coat pocket, Mark picks up his cell phone and asks himself who's bothering him to think right now. He rubs his cell phone screen and sees a notification on his phone screen.

Jinyoung?

From : Jinyoung-ie
18:05

Hyung… have you confess your feeling?

From : Jinyoung-ie
18:10

Hyung.. how? What’s the answer?

From : Jinyoung-ie
18:15

You are not get rejected by him right?

From : Jinyoung-ie
18:16

Hyung.. say something! We are all here waiting for your good news.

From : Jinyoung-ie
18:45

I'm really pissed off now, Hyung .. we'll all come over to you now!
Where are you, Hyung?

"What ?!" Mark unintentionally issued his voice making Jaebum look at her with a puzzled look.

"What's wrong, Mark?" Jaebum asked.

"O-Oh ... no ... it's nothing ... just a ing news." Mark lies to Jaebum.

Jaebum raised both eyebrows. "Let me see .." Jaebum said trying to get close to Mark to see the news that Mark said.

"No!" Mark said aloud and pulled his cell phone out of Jaebum. "I mean don't look at it .. it's not important."

"But, I want to see, Mark"

"I told you not to do this is not important ..."

"But-"

"Jae, look at that .." Mark said, pointing towards Jaebum's side.

Jaebum immediately turned quickly to see what Mark pointed out, without thinking again Mark immediately kissed Jaebum's cheeks quickly without Jaebum had dodged and Mark ran away from Jaebum by replying to a message that he has not had time to reply.

To : Jinyoung-ie
19:05

Stop contacting me, Jinyoung! I'm trying now, I'll tell you all. And one more ... do not you try to come!

On the other side Jaebum, still standing in his place, stood, staring forward blankly. Slowly his hands he grabbed his cheek on the kiss by Mark and wiped it slowly, he could still feel when his lips landed on his cheek, he could still feel how warm it was even for a moment, and Jaebum felt his heart beating abnormally again, his cheeks started to heat again showing a red hue on both cheeks, then slowly he smiled ...

The first sign of a heartbeat is beating fast when you are nearby

The second sign of the cheeks flushed red, you blush because he did something to you

The third sign you start smiling to yourself when thinking about it.

Signs like people fall in love ... Jaebum starts to think for a moment .. Is he in love with, Mark?

Jaebum quickly shook his head and thought he must be crazy thinking if he was in love with Mark​​​​​​.