9:00 PM

home sweet home

a/n: there has been has been a change to chanyeol's family because ya'll girl here didn't think this through. lol. anyways, our dear chanyeol now has a brother named jimin!

 

extra 2
9:00 pm

 

...

 

It was about that time of the month again where Chanyeol concludes he wants to rip his hair out.

Today, Chanyeol is looking after the children for his lovely husband as Baekhyun goes to the daycare center for a Saturday work shift. And frankly, Chanyeol wishes Baekhyun will come home soon and save him from a bunch of screaming kids.

Ever since they had four adorable yet curious children, Chanyeol and Baekhyun hadn't had time for each other. Baekhyun had gone back to work at the daycare center and Chanyeol, being a police officer, rarely comes home. Sure, there were plenty of times where they would cuddle and make out but those small moments would always be interrupted by incoming calls and kids crying.

Don't get him wrong—Chanyeol loves his children dearly. They are blood and flesh, half of him and the love of his life and was no way he would trade the world for them. But as of right now, Chanyeol was about ready to call quits and drop them off the face of the planet.

All Chanyeol just wants to do it spend time with his husband.

"Soo, I seriously don't know what to do," Chanyeol whines over the phone to his best friend. "I can't find a time opening where it is just Baekhyun and me, and every time I do, something happens."

"Maybe it is your bad timing," Kyungsoo answers. "Doesn't Baekhyun come home around four today?"

"Yes," Chanyeol replied, raising an eyebrow. "Why do you ask?"

"Take him out on a date today."

Chanyeol sighs.

"I can't," he reasons. He hears a yelp followed by crashes in the living room and crying in pursuit. Chanyeol shouts out "Boys! I said be careful!" to which they exclaim "Sorry, Daddy!" and Chanyeol returns to the call, adjusting the phone between his ear and shoulder. "Anyways, I can't because there is no one home to be with the kiddos."

"Ask Jimin then," Kyungsoo suggests and Chanyeol widens his eyes a bit and jumps, pulling the phone away. He blinks at the device and places his ear near the phone again and asks, "Come again?"

Kyungsoo sighs. "I said," he says again, louder and annoyed, "go ask your younger brother"—to which Chanyeol frowns—"Doesn't Jimin need extra side cash for college?"

"But he has his sugar daddy."

"My cousin is sweet, Chanyeol."

"I still do not approve."

"Chanyeol..."

"Okay, fine!" he pauses. "Kyungsoo?"

"Yes?"

"Did you know that you're like the best, best friend ever?"

Chanyeol is faced with silence. Did Kyungsoo hang up on him? He quickly lifts his phone away to see an ongoing call and mutters a "Hello?"

"Chanyeol?"

"Yes?"

"Just shut up, okay?" Chanyeol can imagine Kyungsoo rolling his eyes over the phone. "Love you."

"Love you too."

Chanyeol pulls the device away from his ear and presses the red button. He cracks a smile when he looks down at his lock screen. It was a picture of him and Baekhyun looking like wet rats with ear-to-ear, grinning smiles. He remembers that day. Baekhyun had gotten tickets to an amusement park, and the two of them had a blast spending time with another.

Oh man.

Fun times.

He sounds desperate.

'But I am desperate,' Chanyeol reminds himself as he taps on the green phone app again and scrolls down until he spots his brother's name. He waits for the phone ring. It seems like centuries later when Jimin finally, finally picks up on the last ring.

"Hello?"

"Oh my god."

"Hyung?" Jimin's voice flooded through the receiver. There is crumpling noises, indicating that Jimin is moving. "Is everything alright?"

And Chanyeol doesn't beat around the bush.

"So how would you like to babysit for 20,000 won per kid for two nights?"

 

//

 

When Baekhyun comes home that afternoon, he immediately notices how quiet the house is. It was weird at first, the screamings and giggling and excited faces that Baekhyun grew accustomed to every day weren't there, and he blinks once; then twice; then thrice, trying to embrace the sudden silence.

He goes upstairs to their bedroom to freshen up. He is getting comfortable, taking off the itchy daycare uniform and replacing it with his comfy sleep gown, when he spots something white at the corner of his eyes.

It was a piece of paper, scrawled with Chanyeol's adorable chicken-scratch handwriting in bold ink. It reads:

 

Hi baby!

By the time you're home, I will be at work. And don't freak out! The kids are at Jimin's.

I'll be home around 7! In the meantime, go and pamper yourself or watch your Netflix documentaries about whales and tigers and lions! Be sure to wear your favorite casual top, bottoms, and shoes for tonight, okay?

We're going somewhere secretive! Don't tell! Shhh!

Love you lots~

xoxo,
hubby Yeollie

 

Laughter spills out of Baekhyun's lips, giggling at his husband's antics and smiles softly at the letter.

But his smiles falter as he continues to read on.

His favorite shirt?

Baekhyun looks over at his current wardrobe. He walks over and takes an oversized striped shirt, one that Chanyeol had gotten him for Christmas when they were dating, off the rack and held it up to his body in the mirror.

A wave of nostalgia washes over Baekhyun.

It had been a while since Baekhyun had worn anything from his pre-pregnancy wardrobe and he feels terrible for ignoring them for so long. He hopes he can cram in the top; it is his favorite. He takes out a pair of black jeans but decides against it; his hips are too big for his past pants now.

He puts the shirt on the side and rehangs the pants. 

Baekhyun looks up at the clock, realizing he has about three hours to kill and decides to use the time to get himself ready.

He runs a relaxing bath, busting out the hidden candles he had bought a few days ago, and lights them, the sweet fragrance of roses filling the bathroom. It smells good, calming and refreshing, and when Baekhyun lowers himself into the warm, bubbling liquid, all the stress was lifted off his shoulders.

 

He sets his timer for forty-seven minutes.

Then relaxes.

 

His timer goes off.

Baekhyun carefully dries himself.

 

It was around six-fifteen when Baekhyun reemerges to the bedroom in his fluffy bathrobe. He sits on the small stool in front of the vanity; one that Chanyeol, alongside with his cousins Taeyeon and Taehyung, had insisted and bought him the pretty white, pearly set as a wedding gift, and eyes the cartons of bright lipsticks and colorful pallets. Baekhyun decides to go for something fresh and lightweight.

"It's casual," he mummers to himself, selecting the perfect pinky tones and golden hues and purple blues.

He pats his face with a sponge and brushes the bare minimum of powder; just enough to brighten and bring color to his face. Baekhyun slips on the pieces of fabric when he is done and glances at his chosen outfit in the mirror: a simple oversized striped shirt that would reach his fingertips, his comfy maternal black leggings, paired with statement yellow sneakers, and minimalistic pieces of accessories.

 

Perfect.

 

Baekhyun can feel his heart racing as the symbol on his phone slowly ticks towards seven o'clock. 

And then the door swings open.

"Baby! I'm home!" Baekhyun hears Chanyeol from downstairs.

Baekhyun squeaks "I'm upstairs!" and quickly takes one good look at himself in the mirror before whirling around, not forgetting to snag his black backpack, and coming down the stairs with his head down, blushing furiously.

He can feel Chanyeol's eyes on him.

Baekhyun gulps.

"H-how do I look?" Baekhyun asks when he reaches the last few steps. He doesn't hear Chanyeol speak or move and begins to worry. All sort of questions starts forming in his head.

What if its too much makeup? What if the clothes aren't casual enough? Should he—

But all train of thoughts come to a halt when Baekhyun feels Chanyeol's warm arms pull him into his chest and planting a kiss on his forehead.

"Beautiful."

One word. It was just one word, yet it brought so many feelings to Baekhyun. There were butterflies swarming in Baekhyun's stomach, and an indescribable warmth spreading from the center of the chest.

And Baekhyun, bless Chanyeol's weak heart, simply gives his husband a gorgeous smile—the same one that Chanyeol fell in love with.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

i'm still alive guys! lol.

I AM SO SORRY FOR IT BEING SHORT! promise i'll make it up in some way! been busy with school and wanted to get part one out as soon as possible and omg, thank you guys so much for the tremendous amount of upvotes and subscribers and comments!

keep them coming! :)

***THERE IS A PART 2 SO BE SURE TO BE ON THE LOOKOUT!****

as usual, this is not beta-ed so please excuse grammar, spelling, etc.

see ya'll next time!

xoxo,
italiics