7:05 AM

home sweet home

 

extra 1
7:05 am

 

...

 

An hour before sunrise, a tired Chanyeol was suddenly awoken from his slumber. The now twenty-six years old dad groans inwardly and shuts his eyes again. Less than ten seconds, the brunet opens his eyes again and stares at the ceiling. He shifts in his bed to the nightstand and checks the time from his phone.

Sunday, 6:30.

He has roughly forty minutes to spare before sunrise. The father of four rubs his face before getting out of bed and slipping on his house slippers. He heads towards the master bathroom to freshen up. The giant splashes the cooling liquid onto his face and looks up and oh gosh he looks terrible.

The mirror in the bathroom reflected Chanyeol a man with messy brown locks that were sticking left and right and faded dark circles with prominent eye bags. The sergeant could already hear his lovely husband’s whining voice telling him “Yeol, you always look handsome” and the giant smiled at the thought as he pats his face with a washcloth. After cleaning up the sink area and making sure to place the cloth back to where it was, the father made his way out of the bathroom.

Maybe he should cook breakfast for the family of six.

The twenty-six years old was about to head out of their bedroom when he saw a slight movement from the wooden crib at the corner of his eye. A smile cracked on his lips as he made way to the small rocking bed and peered at his little girl.

Or he can watch their little princess Haeun be endearing.

Chanyeol stares amusingly at their newest little bundle of joy sleep like a log. He watches her tiny chest go up and down and a stand of drool trickle down her chin. The young dad stifles a laugh as he sees his baby girl’s wild hair. Maybe he should fix that once she wakes up, Chanyeol thinks with a smile.

He looks at the translucent white curtains. No sunlight yet, Chanyeol notes. He looks over at the alarm clock on his husband’s side. 6:45 AM.

His gaze returns to the newborn. His heart swoon as Haeun grabs is pointer finger out of reflex in her sleep. Moments like these remind why Chanyeol is a parent in the first place, blessed to be happily tied down to a loving husband and gifted with children. The young father is perfectly happy with being a dad of four kids and praised his hair for not going bald from nearly tearing his hair from his scalp out of frustration at times.

Haeun stirred a bit before fluttering her big eyes and blinking at her father. His eyes soften. The little girl was a replica of her mom, and the only thing she did inherit from him was his eyes, ones that Baekhyun loves to stare and admire into. Chanyeol grins as he scoops up the newborn into his arms.

“Good morning princess,” his deep voice hummed.

Their little girl smiled with her eyes and gurgled. The awake parent laughs softly and lightly bopped Haeun’s nose with his pointer finger. The sergeant witnesses his baby blink slowly with heavy lids before snoozing in his arms.

“You’re so cute,” he says cradling his sleeping pride and joy in the pink blanket. “Daddy will be awake soon, okay? Then we can...”

Before Chanyeol could finish his sentence, the door was suddenly open. The twins suddenly barged in quietly with little Joy not so far in her walker. The father of four blinks.

Hold up.

“Appa,” Seojun and Seoeon whines. “Joy is —”

The giant quickly shushes the two boys before pointing at a still asleep Baekhyun before placing the snoozing child back in her crib.

“Daddy and Haeun are still sleeping, boys,” Chanyeol reminds the now six years olds, “Do you remember why?”

“Daddy is tired from bringing Eunnie into the world,” the twins chorus, “We’re sorry Appa.”

The young dad beams at his two eldest.

“Good boys. Do you want to see your little sister?”

Their eyes lit up as if Santa was coming to their house for Christmas, and hastily nods. Chanyeol prepped a step stool for the two boys and the six years olds watched their newest sister sleep soundly.

Monitoring the eldest children, the twenty-six years old dad quickly picks up Joy from her baby walker and kisses her chubby cheeks. The father of four promptly took guard of Seoeon who almost fell off the stool. He was fussing so whisper loud; he didn’t realize his lovely husband has woken up from the ruckus.

“Eonnie? Junnie?”

“Daddy!” the boys screeched, running over towards their mom and ignoring the loud hushing from their dad. “You’re awake!”

Baekhyun laughs as his older babies sloppily kiss his cheeks with wide grins. He pats the bed next to him, and Seoeon and Seojun climb over his body and onto the bed. The now twenty-seven years old could feel his husband and eldest girl’s warmth sitting next to the bedside.

“I thought I told you to rest,” Chanyeol chided, holding Joy in his arms. Baekhyun sent his overly-sized baby a loving smile and beckoned their smiling princess over. The giant switches and places little Joy in the elder’s arms. He stands up and strides over to the crib before coming back with Haeun snuggled up in the pink blanket. Seojun excitedly crawls over to his two younger sisters, and Seoeon watches his parents exchange a conversation.

“I’ll be fine, Yeollie,” the currently stay-at-home mother assures rocking Joy. “Besides, I want to watch the sunrise with you and the kids.”

Chanyeol smiles before drawing the curtains, welcoming the warm glow of the sun despite being fall. He unlatches the balcony doors, allowing the glowing orange rays of peaking light come through and the slight wind coming in. The boys slid down the bed and quickly blots outside laughing in their dinosaur onesies.

The husband quickly returns to his lover, taking Joy out of his hands and placing her on the floor to crawl. With a hand behind his back and a baby on his hip, Chanyeol helps Baekhyun out of bed, watching for any winces as the latter sits up.

Baekhyun manages to stand up, his bunched up nightgown unfurling as the small frame boy straightens himself. The elder took Haeun out of his hold, and Chanyeol immediately went to pick up Joy. From there, the sergeant was by the housebound spouse’s side every step of the way with a hand guiding the elder from the back.

It was Baekhyun’s first time getting a cesarean section, and his heart aches every time the elder winces when he moves. He would always respect and care for his precious Baekhyun. The elder is the reason why their angels are here.

By the time the couple had gotten there, Seoeon and Seojun were jumping excitedly for the slowly peeking sun.

“Look!” Seoeon squeals, “The sun is rising!”

A warm feeling pecked his cheek and Chanyeol looks over at his lover who was grinning, the beams of first rays softly illuminating the elder’s beautiful features. Yeah, Chanyeol wouldn’t change anything for the world. The sergeant pulls his spouse in, leaving a small gap for their girls to breathe. They bumped foreheads, earning a giggle from the raven.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

And their lips met, melting and molding against each other with love and care, all while the Park family admired and basked in the beautiful warm red, orange, and yellow glow of the 7:05 sunrise.

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

the end.

 

 

 

 

 

author's note—

- un-beta.

- omg! thank you so much for the 300+ subscribers, 13 comments and 14 votes!

- comment if you guys would like more extras!


xoxo,
italiics