Six

Unexpectedly Inlove

 

DARA POV:

 

It's been 3 weeks since I stay here in Jeju and thanks to Jiyong I really enjoy my stay here. For 3 weeks we became closer. I get to know him better, different from the first impression that I had on him.

 

He showed me different places, sometimes if I'm too tired he will invite me to come and visit his town, I get to meet his granny. She's cool and she welcomes me like I'm her own. 

 

And today since I've got nothing to do I decided to visit his granny's house. Her granny and I became closer since most of my days, I spent it at her house and wanders at their big garden. 

 

I don't know where Jiyong is, he used to fetch me during this time but today I can't see him. I decided to walk since I'm quite familiar with the place already and it's not too far. I walk and still be amazed by my surroundings. 

 

If only I've got a bicycle it would be better, I'll ask granny if she had one and that is what I'm going to do today. I was walking slowly when I felt someone's following me, it makes me feel nervous because this is the first time I felt someone's eyes are on me during my vacation.

 

I look back and I saw no one but still, I can feel that someone is there and hiding somewhere. My paced went faster and I never look back because I'm afraid that my hunch is right.

 

Did they find me already?

 

I close my eyes, afraid of what will happen. I run as fast as I can when I bump into someone's chest. I froze and my body is shaking. My tears are streaming down on my face.

 

"Please spare my life...again. I'm not yet ready" I cried so hard scared of what will happen next. 

 

"Dara.." the familiar voice gives me a hope that I'm still safe. I look at him and all I did was hug him. I'm safe that's all I could ever think.

 

"They're here. They're coming for me. I'm scared Jiyong. I don't want to die." I said it honestly. 

 

"No one's gonna hurt you here. Shhhh." He comforts me until my tears are drying up and slowly, I calm down. 

 

I look at his shirt it's wet because of my tears and when I broke off from our hug I saw a boy behind him. 

 

"Hi, I'm Seungri." his smile is so contagious and so I smiled back at him.

 

"I'm Sandara, you can call me Dara." I sniffed and in the corner of my eyes, I saw Jiyong looking at me intently. I know that look, what happened to me adds up his curiosity about me. Seungri grab me and he smirks at Jiyong while walking away from him.

 

We arrived at Jiyong's house and there I saw granny watering her flowers in her garden. One thing that I like why I like to visit their place is because of the beautiful ambiance, it gives me peace of mind. I love flowers, when I was at home with my family I used to plant different kinds of flowers in our garden with my mother. I wonder if someone is taking care of my flowers, I wonder if my mom is still taking care of it.

 

"Dara-yah! Come here." Granny called me as soon as she saw me. I oblige and walk beside her. Even if she's old you can really tell that she's a beauty when she's young. I smiled at her and look at the roses she planted.

 

"You remind me of Jiyong's mom," Granny said while looking at me and look back at Jiyong's whose behind me.

 

"Me?" I ask.

 

"Yes. Every time she sees a flower she'll smile and her minds will be taken out from nowhere, just like you. Aside from that, everything about you reminds me of her." I smile unable to say something. I don't know how should I react to her words and I choose to keep quiet since it's the safest answer.

 

I look back and all I could see is Jiyong's looking at me intently which makes me feel uncomfortable, I look away to avoid his intense eyes that piercing my soul. The way he looks at me right now makes my heart go wild, I shake my head trying to erase what I think and what I felt. 

 

I shouldn't feel this way

 

Granny hold my hands which awaken my reverie, She smiles at me genuinely a kind of smile that makes you feel safe and loved. Even in a small amount of time of knowing her, I learned to love her like a grandmother that I never have. I smile at her and squeezes her hands and make her feel that I appreciate her comfort that she's giving me.

 

"Come on, let's get inside and I'll cook you something." I nod, feeling excited about the thought she's going to cook something. Another thing to look forward visiting her place is that she cooks a yummy food which makes me feel like I'm home. Jiyong stay still as we pass by to him he just looked at me and I act as if I didn't notice it.

 

"Hey young man! What are you doing there? Aren't you going to help your granny?" Granny snapped Jiyong and Seungri could only laugh and elbowed him while whispering something on him. I didn't pry since it's not my business to know what they're talking, I couldn't care less.

 

After finishing the dish that granny cook I smile and put my hands on my stomach. Granny could only smile while looking at me, meanwhile, Jiyong didn't utter any word while we're on the table. It was Seungri and granny keeps the table alive and I could only laugh and giggle at them, even if granny is already old she can catch up to Seungri's tactics.

 

I help granny to wash the dishes she teaches me how to do it, it was fun. In my house, my nanny took care of everything that's why I don't know any household chores. Granny was too tired so she decided to take a nap, I was left alone I don't know where Jiyong and Seungri go I didn't ask them when they went out. I decided to hang out at Granny's garden, the place where gives me peace. 

 

I look at the beautiful flowers all I could see is a peaceful and beautiful flower, how I wish my life is like a flower. My life is too complicated, how I wish I was living a life like Cherin has, a normal life, that's what I always ask which is hard to have. A bitter smile escapes from my lips when I remember how complicated is our family, I just want a simple and happy family.

 

"Hey." Jiyong sits down and I could only nod at him while looking back at the flowers again.

 

"I wonder what you've seen with the flowers, why are you so into it?" He ask

 

"Seriously? How could you ask that? Everybody should love flowers. It's too beautiful and it makes you smile looking at them because of the peace that they're giving you." I said it honestly. I look at him and I can see he's quiet surprise.

 

"My mom said that to me too." I can hear the sadness in his voice. I didn't utter a word and I just stare at him and study his features. His eyes are mysterious and evenly apart. sitting below trim eyebrows that seemed to curve as a natural extension of his broad, rounded nose.

 

"You'll fall hard with me if you keep staring at me." I blink thrice and look away from him. I didn't notice that I was actually staring at him for a long time.

 

"In your dreams. And stop telling me that line, that's impossible. Hae Oppa is my type" I chuckled and rolled my eyes. His arrogance will always be at the top, I think he's the only person I meet who has a huge ego. Though men usually have an ego and Jiyong got it worse. 

 

"You sure about that?" He smirks at me and I rolled my eyes at him, I didn't answer him back 'cause for sure he's not going to back down with what he believes in. I continue lurking at the flowers I took my phone in my bag and take a picture. I"m so hooked on taking of pictures that I didn't even realize that Jiyong was actually there and looking at me when I turn my around and faced him I saw him hiding his cellphone again.

 

"What's with hiding your phone? This is the second time you did that?" I look at him with a scrutinizing look and he just smirks and pass by me, my eyes followed him and studied his weird action.

 

"So weird," I said while looking at the pictures that I took. Jiyong's was so busy knitting his shoes so I took a picture of him, he's bowing down so I can't see his face clearly I smile while looking at him seeing him pouting like a kid it makes me think that he's not the arrogant Jiyong that I know.

 

I froze when I felt something is on my feet, I slowly look down and a big species my bearskin.

 

"Kyaaahhhhhhhh!" I scream as loud as I can and run towards Jiyong and jump at him, I buried my face on his shoulder because of the nervousness that I felt and I'm too scared to look at the creatures.

 

"Gaho. Come here!" I heard him said that, Gaho? That big species name is Gaho? I look at the species and all I can think is run away from here.

 

"Yah! can you stop hugging me so tightly? You're choking me and why are you so afraid of a dog? This is just a dog." He puts me down so I hide at his back immediately knowing that the dog is in front of him cuddling him. I was disgusted how the dog his face but he could only smile and giggle at the dog. Seriously, he's really weird.

 

"Can you put that dog far away from me?" I ask feeling scared of my safety.

 

"You should not be scared of Gaho, He's very friendly and I think Gaho likes you. He usually my mom's feet and he only does that with my mom." 

 

A bitter smile escape to my lips, it saddened me that every person which is close to him tells me that they remind me of Jiyong's mom, now even the dog is acting weird. I look at him and I can see the sadness in his eyes, this is the first time I saw his eyes looking sad. I guess he misses his mom so much. I sit down beside him and had a courage touching Gaho's head, I was surprised when Gaho lay down and feeling happy with the touch that he's feeling from me.

 

"See? he's not scary right?" I nod and smile at him while touching Gaho's head.

 

"Why are you scared of dog?" He asked 

 

"Since I was young I was really scared of big animals maybe because I'm not used of it I was pampered with my family and I don't usually go out so big animals is so alien to me," I said without looking at him, I know and I can feel that he's looking at me.

 

"And why you don't usually go out? What about when you go to school? Don't you have friends or classmates?" I laugh when I saw how he frown while asking me lots of questions. I saw a bench and sat down on it.

 

"My parents are overprotective when it comes to me, I'm not allowed to go out without bodyguards. And I hate it when someone keeps following me so I decided to just stay at home." I honestly said it.

 

"What about friends?" 

 

"Friends? I thought I had friends but I was wrong. I even thought that I have a best friend but I was wrong again." I smiled remembering the past event and my old school. I was happy back then not until someone spread rumors about me and the worst part is my best friend is the one who did it.

 

"Maybe it was just a misunderstanding." He said to lighten up my feelings.

 

"I don't think so because the person whom I trusted and shared my deepest secret is the one who spread it," I said and look at his eyes. 

 

"So tell me Jiyong, Can you blame me if I keep doubting the people that surrounds me when all the people that I trusted before had betrayed and hurt me?"