His care, Her ignorance

Edge of The Unknown

I seemed to be a little less focused on my work today. Though I was usually full of excitement about it and that's why I became one of the many exemplary employees. And soon I will be promoted to a higher position, that's according to rumors circulating in my office.
But right now I find it difficult to complete a report that I can usually do in a short time. It's because of my little talk with my mother last night.
"I understand, mom. But I'm still 27 years old and I still have a lot of things to achieve. "
"Getting married will not stop you from reaching it, right? Oh well I’m just telling you that your little sister will get married soon. That’s all." Said my mother with a slightly annoying tone. I knew she tried to annoy me.
"What a shame to be honest. You're older you should get married first. But well.. " mom added
"I’m not dating anyone and do not like anyone right now." I replied then stared at her lazily.
"It's because you focus too much on your work, you're putting off your personal life aside. Ah, aren’t you popular enough with women? The handsome Jung Yunho, your best friend who told me this.” Yup that’s right mom. I don’t understand why and how, but every time I hang out with my friends or in a party I will always be surrounded by beautiful women. Hmm, I guessed it’s because I always treated them well, cause I believed it would be bad if I did bad things to them and imagined if it happened to my own sister. That's why I treated women so wonderfully so well that they were happy to be around me.
"Mom I have a lot of female friends but it doesn’t mean I can randomly pick one right away and marry her. How can I marry a woman I don’t love. And those women friends of mine are all just my friends. Just that.”

“Calm down, Taeng ah. I didn’t ask you to get married did I? Aigoo my son, I might be a little disappointed cos your sister will get married before you but what makes me more disappointed is that my lovely son has no girlfriend yet right now.” mom shook her head as she closed her eyes, with that mocking face to me. Mom was seriously extra annoying.. tctchh

“I love being alone and for now I wanna make a lot of money so I can live with my future girlfriend, and probably wife, with no lack of it. Do you wanna hear another reason mom?” I replied and faked a wide smile which was obviously a forced one.
Mother shook her head again and sipped her cold tea with a sly smile on her face. She surely enjoyed every moment she spent torturing me by asking about my marriage. And I can’t get angry at her not even risened my tone at her.
“Are you satisfied now, mom?” I finally said and suddenly I felt so warm as my mother’s hands wrapped around me.

“I love you Taeng ah. I thought that you would feel down or depressed knowing about your sister’s marriage. You’re always a super protective brother toward her and soon she’ll be taken away.” ahh that’s why. Mom shouldn’t have teased me if it was what she wanted to ask me.

“I will happy for her, mom. I know her soon to be husband well. Hmm, she introduced me to him and he gave me only good idepresser until now. Plus they both look so in love, which is envying me a litle bit, I’m happy they don’t make it longer to be official.” I smiled at mom. A really honest smile.
She just smiled back at me and whispered, “if it’s so then I’m feeling so relieved, Taeng ah. But get a woman soon!” she chuckled and ended up teasing me again and again until my dad came to pick her.

"What are you thinking, Tae." Said a man who just put a cup of hot coffee on my table . He's my best friend and co-worker at the moment. Jung Yunho.
"Hmm" I shook my head.
"Even I who currently have a gf haven’t thought about getting married." I didn’t think about it either, my friend. And you didn’t wanna get married because you didn’t love her that much!
"Thank you, Yunho-ya." I replied shorty and drank the coffee he brought. He’s not a friend who can cheer me up, but trust me he's a very reliable friend on many other things.


I kept sipping my drink. Hmm, this coffee tastes very good. New one huh?

"Oh, by the way have you tried signing on the dating website?" He said, leaning on my table while playing with his empty plastic cup.
Ah right, last week he did recommend me to sign up for a matchmaking site. And somehow I did it. 
"Yeah, I already did and even had a few dates with them." I said then finished my whole cup.
"Woa. So you've had met with your acquaintances from the dating site." I nodded then sighed to remember about those 3 women I met at different times.
"But they were all not my type."
"Why why why?? Tell me about them." He excitedly looked at me waiting for my story about the women.
"Well, the first one was kinda thick faced, the second was so much of money oriented woman and immediately asked me about my income and all of my assets, oh my. And the last one I met was only took me 10 minutes to leave her. Man, she only wanted me to take away her ity." I explained to Yunho as I recalled the women I knew from the matchmaking website.
He laughed. "I guess you're just out of luck at the moment. But seriously I'm a little surprised you rejected that last one. Haha " He then took my smartphone. "I feel like to do it too. But I'm dating someone right now." He said again as he's scrolling through my phone. I was sure he's on that dating the websitonesite really are a faithful man huh. 3 years with her, and never once glanced at other women. But you have not thought about marriage things yet. Do you just want to stay like this huh, just dating her amd no future plan?" I said and stood up to throw the empty cup into the trash can.
"It's not that I don’t want to marry her, I'm just not sure yet." He replied.
"So 3 years is not enough huh?"
"It's not about the length of time we've been together, but there's something in me that's still hesitant to marry her." I saw his face that  was so tense and serious about it even though he was focusing on my smartphone’s screen.

"Oh. Tae look at this.” He suddenly showed it to me. "Because your 3 choices of women were not very satisfying, this time I will choose for you. What about this woman?" Yunho ya I was talking about you just now and you were busy with my phone. Heol
Anyway I saw then read the profile of the woman. She’s online. Hmm, SYJ. She just wrote the initials of her name, like I did huh? 27 years old, we’re at just same age, and already working of cpurse. I kept reading about this woman, pretty detailed and not too confusing. And she did not put her profile picture just like me.
"Not bad" I commented after reading it. Well, the woman seemed normal and not too full of herself based on her profile.
"I'll chat her then, to arrange your date with her.” Yunho took back the phone. I shrugged and left my buddy there.
"Just tell me when and where to meet her once you settle it with her." I said as I walked out the room. He just grinned and showed me his thumb.

🐱👓🐱👓🐱👓🐱👓


In another place ...
"Ah... Finally someone invited you to meet him, Jess .. finally this useless matchmaking website becomes useful for you. I've signed you up there few weeks ago and just now somebody wanted to meet you." a cheerful with beautiful-eyed woman who's holding smartphone happily said then handed the smartphone to another woman. This lady was brunette and wore glasses.

"Uuh, I'm not at all interested in this, Miyoung-ah." She just glanced at the screen and put it on the table.
"No argue. I've confirmed your meeting with him next Friday."
"Oh, my God. Tomorrow? This really is not a good idea. Why don't you go to see him instead? You're the one who's always very excited about this matchmaking website and made me your victim to try it uh. "
"I have no such evil intentions, Jess. You're so mean to accuse me like that. HuHuhu “ The beautiful-eyed woman so called Miyoung pretended to cry.
"Just go, Jess.” Said another woman who suddenly appeared with a box of pocki in her hand. This woman was pretty tall and beautiful for sure.
"Soo, you are also a bit annoying today." The brunette woman  pouted.
"This is a good intention, Jess. You can at least learn about the man. Not to make you down but amongst the three of us,  you are the one who never had a bf, right? Me and my oppa have been together more than 3 years now, and Miyoung, although she is now a single but you know so many men want her. As for you, ever since I knew you I never saw you in a special relationship with a man .. or are you a …” Soo the tall woman said as she ate her pockin occasionally. Miyoung nodded in agree.
"I'm pretty straight, please soo!!" the brunette sighed and filled her things into her bag.


"Then it's decided that you'll meet him next Friday." Soo tilted her head up and poured the crumbs from the pocki box right into .
"No need to worry. You just have to meet him and talk, having trivial talk and else. If you don't like him you do not have to see him anymore." Miyoung added while smiling so sweetly.
The brunette named Jessica took her bag then grabber her phone. "Alright alright I will go tomorrow. Now let me go home. I want to sleep." She said tiredly. Her two friends just smiled and nodded.
"Dress nicely tomorrow and sleep tight in advance, our sleeping beauty." Soo said and waved softly at her best friend.
"That's needless." Jessica whispered sleepily then glanced slightly at her phone screen where the profile of the man she will meet was still there.
T.K. I hope he's not an .