Seoul here I come!

Undercover Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Noona, are you sure you want to leave?" Guanlin sniffled, his eyes looking dangerously red.

 

My heart ached as I wrapped my teary dongsaeng up in a comforting hug. 

 

"Ah, Linlin, don't burden Jirin anymore..." Jisung, my elder brother, patted me on the back comfortingly. "Don't make it harder for her than it already is."

 

I pulled away from the hug and Guanlin let go reluctantly. "I'll be back to visit! Don't worry." I assured them, feeling the tears prick at my eyes. But I couldn't cry. Not when I had to be strong.

 

Not when I was waiting for this moment all my life.

 

I'm a small town girl; my name's Park Jirin. All my life I've only known one dream- to be a justice-clinching detective police officer to defend the weak and innocent. That's how I even got to know my best friend and dongsaeng, Guanlin, who's my next door neighbor. Being from China, he was ostracized in kindergarten and got ignored when he wanted to play the swings. I crossly told the bullies that if they wanted to hog the swings, they should play at their own home and dumped fiery red ants onto the saddles of the swings, threatening to throw it at them as well. 

 

They never dared to touch Guanlin ever again, and we became fast friends. Fast forward to university and we're both graduating- my teacher wrote me a recommendation for this super elite Seoul detective training academy and surprise, surprise,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter