white noise

white noise

He’s not blonde anymore. That’s the first thing Minseok notices. What used to be platinum colored hair is now a more subtle shade of dark brown. Chocolate strands falling softly, nearly covering warm eyes.

 

Pale skin, nearly translucent in the harsh lighting of the fluorescent bulbs.Shadows are a stark contrast against eggshell walls, cream papers, white skin. It makes Joonmyun’s nose look sharper, taller even, with the disparity between the two hues. He smiles and… ah. There it is, the blush that dusts his cheeks whenever someone praises him, compliments on his work.

 

“Hyung!” Amber huffs, nearly slamming her cup of coffee on the table top. The surprise makes Minseok flinch, right eye squinting a bit more than the left. The disruption has a few other students within their vicinity turn, but the subject of Minseok’s abject fixation is too far to pay them any mind.

 

Minseok hisses in retaliation, eyebrows knitting together before he hunches his shoulders and picks up his abandoned pen. He forces himself to concentrate on taking notes while Amber whistles noisily in the background. She slurps her coffee in the way she knows how to push his buttons.

 

Inhale, exhale. Fade to black, white noise.