Chapter 3

A Star In Daylight

"when you're done unpacking your free to roam around, I have to go pick up your mom from the store" Jeongsuk advises him after they brought his stuff up stairs. 

He didn't wait for Baekhyun to answer before he turns around, leaving him there. Baekhyun was already feeling exhausted from today but he musters up enough strength to get started unpacking. The room was fairly big not compared to his room back home of course but he's learning that that's going to be a reoccruing factor from now on. The walls were a light blue, the floors were made of wood panels that creaked as Baekhyun walked across them, the bed was against the wall on his left by the window that was covered with white curtains. There was a bookshelf on the same wall but it was void of any books also there was a dresser next to the bed with a lamp.  A desk off to his right that had a computer resting on it, and the closet was right next to it, Baekhyun wasn't surprised that it wasn't a walk in closet.

He ped his suitcase just as his phone rang, he took it of his pocket and checked the caller, it was his father. He swiped to answer,

"hey kiddo, how are you coping?" his father asked on the other line

"I still don't want to be here" he answers, taking out some clothes and stuffing them in the bedside drawer. 

"I did it for your own good, Baekhyun. You were getting out of control" his dads voice goes from light to stern.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, he wanted to scream and it wasn't helping that he was getting irritated by the heat.

"you could've just sent me to boarding school like any other parent would do, instead you send me to a place that feels like the inside of a volcano filled with people I don't know and a mother I haven't seen or talked to in years" Baekhyun argues. 

"what good would boarding school do? You'd just get more freedom than you need, and you wouldn't last a day at boot camp. I just thought being there would calm you down and maybe make you think things through better, your not getting any younger" his dad rants on.

Baekhyun groans. 

"dad you-" suddenly he hears the clatter of dishes downstairs. Were Jeongsuk and his mom back already?

"dad I've got to go" Baekhyun hangs up and pockets his phone. 

He makes his way out of the bedroom and goes downstairs. He walks through the living space towards the kitchen, 

"you guys got back fast" Baekhyun says.

But the person who was in the kitchen was neither Jeongsuk or his mother as they turn around Baekhyun realises that. The intruder had a slice of bread between their lips and was holding a jar of jam and a butter knife in either hand, the look on the intruders face was that of confusion and surprise most likely mimicking how Baekhyun looked.

He watches as the bread falls from the Intruders lips, "who the hell are you?" they both ask at the same time. 

"I asked you first" Baekhyun says hastily.

The Intruder goes to pick up the bread and rests it on the plate he had on the counter, Baekhyun takes a good look at him. He was tall, much taller than Jeongsuk, he was lean and had nice tanned skin but Baekhyun didn't think that was much of a choice given the heat and sun. His hair was black and straight and was slicked back, his jawline was sharp but his features were solemn although his brows gave him a stern look. He was wearing some black overalls and a blue shirt underneath along with some mud caked boots like Jeongsuk was wearing.

"I think I'm more inclined to be asking that" he says spreading jam on the piece of bread. Baekhyun cringes at the fact that that was on the floor a few seconds and go.

"your the one who barged into someone's home and are eating their food, how did you get in, the front door is locked" Baekhyun accuses. 

"wow, I didn't think I'd come in here to meet an angry puppy" he takes a bite of the bread and looks over at Baekhyun "but there is such thing as a back door" the boy leans against the counter and points a finger to Baekhyun's left.

Baekhyun looks down the hall and sure enough there was. Baekhyun felt dumb and he didn't like that, he looks back to the boy but he was already walking by him,

"where are you going? You didn't answer me, who are you?" Baekhyun crosses his arms and frowns at the intruder.

"Sehun, oh Sehun" the boy says 

"well, don't come back here oh Sehun, go find some other place to barge into and steal from" there was a long pause before Sehun erupts in laughter, 

"what's so funny?" Baekhyun asks getting more angry.

"I work here" he says between breaths,

Baekhyun was confused and annoyed that Sehun was still laughing at him.

"Yo, Sehun!" Baekhyun swirls around at the sound of another person,

Another boy walks down the hallway from the back door and Baekhyun was stunned, he was really tall, a few inches taller than Sehun it looked like. He stood there wearing some black jeans that had white dust spots on them and a red top with no sleeves that clung to his chest and showed off his biceps which were glistening with sweat. His soft handsome features were hard to miss as much as his ears that stuck out on the sides, and he had his hair tucked under a black baseball cap. Baekhyun's mouth was running dry all of a sudden and he'd forgotten Sehun was behind him.

"we have work to do and your in here eating?" the new boy says in a very deep voice that Baekhyun was caught off guard by, It didn't look like such a voice would come from such a beautiful man.

Sehun passed by Baekhyun going over to where the new boy was standing "I was talking to this nugget who was accusing me off trespassing, if anything he's trespassing because I've never seen him around before" Sehun jabs his thumb in Baekhyun's direction and looks at him.

"I'm not a nugget" Baekhyun frowns

The new boy glances at Baekhyun and he in a breath his frown falling from his face abruptly, he didn't know what to do, the boys eyes were big, pretty and dark. The boy didn't look at Baekhyun as long as it had felt, he soon turned to look back at Sehun, smacking him lightly in the back of his head.

"just get outside, we aren't done yet you could eat after" they start walking back down the hallway and out the back door leaving Baekhyun standing there still unable to understand what just took place.