y Leather Hyung

One Step Forward Two Steps Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

 

Tap. Tap. Tap.

 

Tap. Tap.

 

Tap.

 

“Hyung?”

 

The hand on his knee, stilling his movements and the voice of the younger was enough to earn a grunt from the blonde haired man.

 

“You’ve been distracted all afternoon and now you’re fidgeting? Did something.. Happen the other night?”

 

The other night? What was Namjoon talking about. His left leg moved on its own trying to tap his heel to the ground once again. This time firm pressure pressed his foot to the floor and he was fully pulled back from the recesses of his mind.

 

“Nothing happened the other night.”

 

Namjoon had to be referring to the night that they had gone out which meant he wasn’t too far off the mark but he wasn’t thinking about that night. No, his thoughts kept floating back to the message he had received after work, way too early in the morning for someone who sleeps during the day. It had been an annoyance then and it still was once. This time though, Yoongi was annoying himself for not being able to ignore it. He was curious. What could Kim Taehyung possibly want to discuss? Hang out? No, it all seemed too weird. Yoongi had given the man a place to crash nothing more nothing less.

 

“A-are you sure, Yoongs?”

 

Instantly dark eyes were glaring at Namjoon and he recoiled,

 

“Hyung.”

 

So, he was not in the mood to entertain that nickname. Prickly today are we. Most of the time Yoongi would just ignore it but not when he was irritable. Tossing his pen on the coffee table, they were working on fixing some lyrics for a few of the tracks Namjoon was working on and Yoongi’s respectively. He didn’t have much time before he had to go to work but it was enough to get some things done. Well, enough if he could stop wondering about a certain text that kept niggling at the back of the mind every time he was about to put his pen to paper.

 

“I just don’t understand what he wants.”

 

Namjoon raised a brow at the man sitting next to him before he chuckled. It wasn’t quite like his hyung to be this dense.

 

“Another roll in the hay? Come on, Yoongi-”

 

“What? Another?”

 

Now, Namjoon was lost.

 

“Who the hell says roll in the hay anymore?”

 

Namjoon pointed a finger at himself but it was almost as if in question. Yoongi rubbed the stubble growing in along his cheeks and jaw since he hadn’t actually shaved in technically two days and he probably wouldn’t tomorrow either.

 

“So… you didn’t have …” He trailed off with his question, not really sure to go with this conversation since they both seemed to be getting confused.

 

Yoongi rested his forearms on his knees and raised his head up to look at his friend. He blinked a few times before finally sighing.

 

“No, we slept in the same bed and that is all. Well he might have been but it doesn’t matter. Nothing ual happened. I don’t think sleeping with Jungkook’s best friend is the wisest decision even if he is-” Yoongi was rambling and he needed to stop. Cutting it off abruptly seemed just as good as a way as any. A lot of the damage was already done though.

 

“So, you are attracted to him. Hmm…”

 

The way the younger was looking at him had Yoongi narrowing his eyes. He didn’t like that inquisitive gleam in the others eye.

 

“No, I mean yes but no. No, Joon stop.”

 

“But-”

 

“He’s pretty.” The words were mumbled but Namjoon could hear him loud and clear. He nodded in agreement. Kim Taehyung was very pretty.

 

“I’m really seeing the problem here hyung. He was into you at the club.”

 

“He was drunk.”

 

“So his eyes don’t work? Bull, he knew you prior to being inebriated.”

 

Yoongi looked away from the younger, not wanting to see the truth let alone hear it. Hanging his head between his knees he groaned as Namjoon continued to rattle on with Pro-con list that was really just a pro list.

 

“Taehyung, that’s his name right?” A small grunt in acknowledgement and the younger continued, “Taehyung is contacting you even after you shot him down that night and just slept in your bed.”

 

His head shot up with a glare directed at his friend for knowing him too well.

 

“How do you know I shot him down? That he even tried something? He could have passed out before walking through the door.”

 

This only warranted a good chuckle from the man on the opposite side of the couch from him. Namjoon pulled his leg up onto the cushion as he turned towards his hyung, smirking.

 

“We’ve been friends for years hyung, I know you and I’m good at reading people. Those wrinkles in your brow tell me that the guy definitely tried to get in your pants at least once that night.”

 

He huffed before stretching out on the couch and leaning his head back against it.

 

“He may have tried a thing or two.”

 

Another deep chuckle filled the space between them and made Yoongi want to curl further into himself. He could never hide anything from the younger, which was probably why the man was his best friend. They had both seen each other through some rough times, Yoongi more so than the other but regardless neither of them had disappeared. Kim Namjoon was definitely the person who knew him best and at times he might even say better than his own self.

 

“Mhmm… So, like I was saying. I don’t see the problem. What did he text or call you about?”

 

“It’s Jungkook’s best friend.”

 

“Your point?”

 

“His best friend.”

 

A long silence stretched between them and Yoongi could feel the annoyance rolling off of Namjoon in waves. Heaving a sigh, he rolled his head to the right and opened his eyes so he could see his friend who was pinning him with an intense stare.

 

“Joon-”

 

“Don’t. I can’t even believe we’re going to have this conversation hyung. What the does it matter who the guy is? Why are you tiptoeing still around Jungkook’s feelings? He’s made himself clear time and time again. Do what makes you happy. Not him. You. Be happy, Yoongs.”

“It’s not that serious, Joon.”

 

A sharp inhale of breath as Namjoon’s fingers pinched the bridge of his nose, he held it in for awhile before letting out the breath slowly. It wasn’t often that he got worked up but he had certain triggers. Jeon Jungkook was one of them.

 

“I wouldn’t have slept with him even if he had no relation to Jungkook.” Yoongi rushed to say in hopes of aiding to find the youngers zen. Despite the topic at hand and how frustrating it could be for Yoongi, he wasn’t nearly as upset as he used to get. Namjoon only meant well, he knew this. If anything he hurt knowing that this upset the younger so much.

 

“Elaborate.”

 

“You saw him, he was so wasted he couldn’t even see straight let alone walk straight. You know I’m not interested in taking advantage even he showed some interest prior to being that inebriated. Plus he seemed about ready to have a mental breakdown over the thought of us actually having .”

 

Yoongi watched from one eye as the younger let the information marinate and decide if he was smelling more bull or not. After a moment Namjoon came to the conclusion that it wasn’t utter bull.

 

“That’s fair but it doesn’t explain anything going forward. What did Taehyung say?”

 

Yoongi slid his hand into the front pocket of his jeans and pulled out his phone. Sliding open the lock screen he pulled up his text messages. Looking over the single message he had from Taehyung he shook his head.

 

“Hyung, you busy later? I need to talk to you. That’s what he said.”

 

Yoongi could hear Namjoon hum and he wanted to nod in agreement. A silent conversation they seemed to share from time to time. There wasn’t too much context in text but it was enough to show that Yoongi had to make a decision, to see Taehyung once more or to blow him off. There wasn’t really much of a middle ground.

 

“I just can’t imagine what he possible needs to talk about that he can’t say it over the phone? Even if he left something at my place, he doesn’t need to meet in person. Unless…”

 

A brow raised as Namjoon leaned closer to Yoongi, curious as to where his thought process was going. Up until that last word, he had been right along with his hyung. There wasn’t much of a reason to need to meet in person. Want was a different story but need, no, none at all.

 

“Unless?”

 

Yoongi shook his head and sat up straight once more and ran his eyes over the sheets of paper covering the coffee table.

 

“I don’t know, that doesn’t make any sense either.”

 

The younger wanted to prod further but thought better of it. Letting go whatever that unless was behind, he slid his leg over the edge of the couch, foot finding the floor as he scooted to the edge to get back to their original task.

 

“I’m not sure what he needs to talk about but it’s not like it can hurt, huh?”

 

Yoongi didn’t respond. He didn’t want to verbalize how he agreed with Namjoon but it was unnecessary, the younger knew he was right. He understood that the elder needed some more time to mull over it. By the end of their work session, Yoongi had decided.


 

y Leather Hyung 6:41pm: I work every evening from 7pm-7am. We can meet for coffee,  tomorrow morning 7:20am at Coffee Beanz.

 

y Leather Hyung 6:42pm: Don’t be late.



 

The door jingled with the three gold bells that were attached at the top as the DJ pulled open the to the cafe he tends to frequent after work if he was heading to the studio for what he would call an all-nighter even though the sun will be shining brightly down on the rest of the normally functioning humans bustling about. The smell of roasting coffee fills his nostrils and he immediately feels the stress and fatigue from work being whisked away. The smell of coffee had always been comforting to him, it was like a home away from home considering just how dependent his life tended to be on this one beverage. Freshly roasted coffee beans were his favorite though.

 

It didn’t take him long to spot Kim Taehyung, his lanky arm was thrown up in the air flagging him down with a wild wave back and forth on repeat. Yoongi bowed his head slightly for the younger to know that he was acknowledged and then he made his way straight ahead towards the counter where a familiar smile was directed at him.

 

“Morning Yoongi-ssi! Another long day ahead?”

 

The slightly crooked forest green plastic name tag with white characters engraved displayed the peppy young woman’s name.

 

“Chae Rim-ah, morning,”  He nodded in reply to her question, a small smile being given in return.


 

The ringlets of her auburn ponytail bounced from side to side as she stopped at the front of the counter to greet her loyal customer. Yoongi had been coming to this cafe for a number of years now that he wasn’t even sure just how long it had been. Chae Rim had worked at Coffee Beanz for just as long however she had been promoted to manager just this past spring. Her name tag also now reflected that in English underneath her name. They had all types of coffee beans from all over the world and some of the most rare selection Yoongi had ever come across. He never used to venture too much outside of what he was used to until he had discovered this niche. Now, it was Chae Rim who would introduce him to a wide variety of coffee he had yet to try and almost always he enjoyed the ones she selected specifically for him. Chae Rim had a talent when it came to coffee. A phenomenal barista she is.

 

“I hope you don’t work too hard, the bags under your eyes are especially dark today. Hmm? I’ll fix you something that will help, okay?”

 

Yoongi chuckled but nodded,

 

“Thanks.”

 

Another wide smile and the woman turned around to begin fixing up a new concoction for him. She was also always experimenting with different combinations to make new drinks. It had scared Yoongi at first but he had long since grown used to her handing him a drink with a list of ingredients he hadn’t heard in any other coffee shop. Before he turned away, she looked back at him and shooed him away.


“Go sit, I’ll find you once it’s finished.”

 

He nodded and said thanks once more as a finger reaching up to touch just underneath his eye. Were they really that dark? Yoongi ambled in the direction of the person who had actually caused him to drop by in the morning. Slumping down into the plush dark brown leather chair, the blonde stretched out his legs. That was another thing he enjoyed about this cafe, all the tables were antiques and the chairs a like. It gave a cozy feel to the cafe and often a more comfortable seat as well.

 

“You made it.” A smile was beaming at Yoongi so bright he thought he might need to pull his sunglasses out of the bag he had just dropped at the side of his seat.

 

“Good of you to be on time.” he replied gruffly and didn’t hide his expression of obvious confusion as to what the two of them were meeting for.

 

The smile that beamed so brightly shut off just as quickly as when you click off your high beams at the presence of a car coming towards you. A crease furrowed between Taehyung’s brows and the man wet his lips before setting down the mug of steaming hot coffee that must taste like ice cream with how even Yoongi could smell the sweetness rolling off it.

 

“Hyung, can you talk to bunny for me?”

 

If Yoongi had been confused before, he was even more confused now. Did Kim Taehyung really come here to talk nonsense at him? He had always known the younger male to be a little on the odd side but he was just the type to dance to the beat of his own drum without a care in the world what others thought of that. Or that was how he presented himself. Either way, the kid was smart, he generally made cohesive sentence but right now.

 

“You want me to talk to a rabbit?”

 

The blonde cocked his eyebrow as he inquired and quietly wondered if he needed to question the others sanity. Recognition of Taehyung’s mistake had flashed in his eyes before he rushed to explain,

 

“No, no, I mean Kookie. . Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook.”

 

The flustered expression of Kim Taehyung had Yoongi chuckling in amusement. Apparently, he used a lot of nicknames with his best friend and bunny was one of them. It was kind of cute but there was no way in hell that Yoongi would admit to that to anyone. His mouth formed a perfect ‘O’ and he nodded.

 

“Why would I talk to Jungkook for you-”

 

“Here you are Yoongi-ssi. Just an old faithful today with a little something extra.” Chae Rim personally delivered his coffee, setting it down carefully as the steam rising off the top indicated how hot the coffee was. Yoongi looked up to the woman and smiled fondly.

 

“Thank you, Chae Rim.”

 

She winked and walked off disappearing behind the counter to help out what appeared to be a new worker since Yoongi hadn’t seen them before. Turning back towards the man he was here to meet, Yoongi leaned in and took a whiff of the coffee. It smelled wonderful, black as he typically enjoyed his coffee but there was something else. Another scent he wasn’t quite sure he could place at the moment. He would need to taste but sadly in a few minutes. A scalded tongue was never his favorite thing to acquire.

 

“You two.. Seem familiar.”

 

It wasn’t a question but a statement even if the undertone was askin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter