004

I Loved You MV

YoungHyun's got class duty this week, which he always skips in the morning but doesn't mind hanging around for in the evening. Not because DoWoon is usually busy hiding from his fanclub at this time (so they don't follow him home) and YoungHyun doesn't have anything better to do than wait for him, but because... Because of reasons. Important reasons.


Anyways, typically when he gets put on class duty whoever gets stuck with him will just ignore him, but for some reason this week's girl is actually trying to make him participate in cleaning.


At first he just squints and tries to wave her off, but she keeps harping at him so he decides to screw around a bit, irritating her even further before sarcastically telling her to 'do her best' and then skipping out of the classroom all together.


Like the scoundrel he is, he finds a dark corner to lurk in until students start refilling the classrooms for night study and then he waits until he's sure DoWoon has also slipped away before counting to a hundred and following after him.


He doesn't see DoWoon at any of the usual places, so he decides to go home and change before coming back out and checking again.


He's in luck as he spots DoWoon, also changed, seated at one of the Tekken consoles.


DoWoon looks good in anything, but the black long-sleeve he's wearing today accentuates his pale skin and slim waist beautifully and YoungHyun compulsively checks his reflection in the glass of one of the pinball machines before oh-so-casually passing DoWoon to get to the motorcycle racers in the back.


He actually likes them and is pretty good at them and definitely isn't choosing them just because they give him a perfect vantage point to stare at DoWoon every time he leans right.


The fact that he leans right a lot and subsequently crashes just as often is merely a coincidence and has nothing to do with the very handsome distraction in front of him. Absolutely nothing at all. Not. A. Thing.


Which doesn't explain why he suddenly jumps to DoWoon's defence when he's never given a damn about anyone else before. .


Some discount gang-banger is shouting at DoWoon and raising a hand towards him and before YoungHyun can process the man's angry words or DoWoon's standard lack of acknowledgement, he's already rushed over with a grip on the man's wrist.


YoungHyun doesn't know what exactly he was expecting, but it definitely wasn't DoWoon throwing him a casual glance and then walking out.


What. The. Hell.


All he can do is laugh, incredulous to the point that he lets Thug Cameo #1 er punch him.


(Before soundly beating the bastard and dragging his out and dropping him on the curb with the rest of the trash.)


He should be angry, he has every right to be, but he's oddly struck with fondness. Somehow, walking out like that was just such a DoWoon thing to do.

He wonders if he's going crazy.


He doesn't expect to see DoWoon waiting for him at the corner.


And he knows DoWoon was waiting for him based on the fact that he's sitting at the table that YoungHyun always sits at and the way his eyebrows quirk and he looks straight into YoungHyun's eyes like he's half-mocking and half-challenging him.


Jesus, YoungHyun really likes this punk. He takes a seat and prepares to speak directly to DoWoon for the first time ever.


"Do you see my face? Who do you think is responsible for this?" He accuses, wondering if he'll finally get to hear DoWoon's voice. Tragically DoWoon only smirks, pulling out some ointment and a cold egg. Seriously, this punk.


"I'm supposed to use an egg for my bruise?" DoWoon nods and smiles around his straw and this time it is 100% mocking and stupidly smug. YoungHyun feels something bubbling in his chest and can't help laughing.


He presses the egg to his cheek and feels silly and keeps using it anyway, soothed by both the temperature and the gesture. DoWoon cracks up watching him and if he was anyone else YoungHyun would slug him, but because it's DoWoon, the whole situation seems like a joke between friends.


He doesn't understand how DoWoon's brain works, yet DoWoon's actions make him happy all the same.


He really must be losing his mind.

 

 

(A/N: Seriously, why does that girl like YoungK when he's always such a to her??? Sweetie, he bumped you and then made you apologise. That is not good boyfriend material. Just sayin'.)