I'll Stay With You

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Extremely long epilogue ahead but I gave it to y'all because you guys wanted a happy ending so in return, I hope you give me the comments and votes for feedback and motivation purposes. It's sad, honestly, which is why I wondered if this was a good idea. 

So please. 

Comment.

 

“JESSICA! JESSICA JUNG!!”

“Yoona?” Jessica mumbled. She doesn't know if she’s hearing things or something’s gotten into her ear but that definitely sounds like the doe-eyed woman - the same woman who cut contact with her ever since the big break up more than a month ago. “Is that you?”

Jessica’s mind goes completely blank when the pounding on her door becomes louder and louder; it doesn't make any sense that Yoona is at her apartment. She, however, decides to find out why because of that same reason. The world would probably end before Yoona comes here of her own accord again, and that’s just the facts. It’s been years since the tragic incident; months since Jessica has seen the people she holds dear to her heart; weeks since she has learnt about the horrific contract terms her former company posed to the group as well. 

It has to be something pretty damn big for Yoona (who swore never to allow Yuri to get near her) to come over.

“Y-Yoong?”

“Open up!”

Her eyes widen when she sees a figure next to Yoona, hair covering the person’s entire face. Yoona’s face is covered with sweat and her skinny frame probably can’t hold on for too long. 

Yoona groans in relief when Jessica finally gets over her shock and opens the door wider. She waddles into the apartment with a drunkard leaning against her shoulder, wondering why the heck she has to be the one who brings the drunk back into this goddamn place. Everyone knows that it isn't a good idea to have both Jessica and Yoona in the same room like before, and they’re in the same situation once again. All thanks to her best friend who can’t keep her head or her together, Yoona has no choice but to bring her back to the one person who can help them.

The other person who had a way with words didn't stay that near either of them, and Yuri was trying to avoid her.

“Thanks for bringing her back here, Yoona.”

“I didn't want to,” Yoona says, dusting her sleeves off after making sure Yuri won’t roll of the sofa. She smiles sadly at her best friend’s pathetic state - why would Yuri allow herself to be reduced to that? The ache in her limbs is nothing compared to the one in her heart. “But Taeyeon-unnie told me to, so I did.”

The ice princess averted her eyes from the younger’s cold ones; she didn't expect Taeyeon to do this for her. Although Taeyeon never sees herself as the leader, it’s the things she does for them that says otherwise. 

Yoona doesn't wait for Jessica to respond and she heads straight for the door, sending a message to inform the members that Yuri is in good hands now. She knows it’s cruel but it’s always been fate for Yuri and Jessica; they’re always going to find their way back to each other. Rather than let their precious maknae sink into that abyss of despair and hope, they have to indirectly let her down easy. It should come from Yuri if anyone but for now… Yoona’s willing to play the bad guy.

“Take care of her,” Yoona said, not turning around to face Jessica fully. “You’re not the only one who’s in love with her; there are a good three people I can think of at the moment.”

The door slams close.

Jessica hastily brushes her tears away with her sleeves and moves to the newly renovated kitchen, preparing the necessities for a mean hangover - Yuri gets the worst hangovers sometimes. She knows better than anyone how Yuri wants to be pampered after a bad night because it’s always her doing the pampering. Jessica loves having a chance to do the same but… will it ever be? They’re not even together anymore. Yuri probably doesn’t know she’s in the same apartment she swore never to step in again, and it is honestly worrying the out of Jessica. 

‘Why… Why would you ruin yourself like this?’

‘How can you still be like that and tell me you don’t love me anymore?’ 

Tears roll down Jessica’s cheeks even more quickly than before; the pain in her heart just keeps growing at the sight of Yuri being this way. Everyone around them knows what a health freak Yuri is and a bit of weight put on becomes another goal for her to work off everything. Alcohol is the one thing Yuri indulges in when she’s in the mood but she doesn't take it till she gets drunk. A part of her respects Yuri for that because Jessica always loses control in the midst of it, and she depends on Yuri to come get her often.

‘Why have things become like this? Did I do this to you, Seobang?’

Jessica screamed when she felt fingers crawl up her sides, one hand resting on her flat stomach and the other grabbing at her clothes with a tight, desperate grip. 

“Y-Yul?!” 

“S-Stay like this… p-please.”

That pleading tone never fails, and Jessica is about to collapse both mentally and emotionally. She can’t help but hold onto the arm around her with trembling fingers; how long has it been since they were in this close proximity with each other? 

“S-Sica… Sica….” 

Yuri is clearly losing it.

Jessica spins around and throws her arms around Yuri’s shoulders, one hand pushing Yuri’s head into the crook of her neck. She made sure to stand strong when Yuri’s frame started to shake in her arms; Yuri does not break down. “I’m here. I’m right here, baby.” Jessica whispered, pressing her lips against the side of Yuri’s head. She will face the consequences of her own actions when the time comes but the one thing she will not stand for is Yuri breaking down without a source of comfort. 

Time seems to stop for the terribly-fated pair. 

And even then, it doesn't seem to be enough. 

 

*

 

Jessica wakes up alone in her bedroom with absolutely no hint of any sunlight entering, and it makes her smile at the drawn curtains. She had been too tired to draw them close after bringing Yuri to bed, not forgetting the difficult task of changing the latter’s clothes. It can’t be the work of anyone else but the black pearl who always expresses her thoughtfulness in more ways than one. Seeing as the sheets are still disheveled and the space still a tad bit warm, Jessica can’t resist but hope with all her heart that Yuri is still in her apartment right now.  

“Damn.” Jessica hops off her bed at once, not bothering about her shirt that has risen to her mid-riff. She needs to see if the tanned woman is still here and hasn’t run off just yet. There are so many things they have to talk about and loads to trash out. “Yul? Yuri!”

Nothing.

No one. 

“!” 

Jessica threw her sketches at the wall, tears clouding her vision all too fast. She prepared herself for this but her heart just didn't listen anymore; how could it when all Jessica could ever think of was Yuri, and still remains that way? She collapsed onto the carpet, knees pulled to her chest as she cried her heart out into her palms. The love of her life has just slipped between her fingers once again, and Jessica knows that she was close to changing that. 

Another fail. 

“J-Jessica? Are you okay?”

“H-Hmm?” 

And Jessica wails like the crybaby she is the moment Yuri’s face comes into her view. She starts kicking her legs against the floor when the Yuri in front of her doesn't move a slight bit; now an illusion wants to mess with her heart too? That’s a tad bit cruel and a complete dagger to her heart.  

Yuri cocked her head to the side in utter confusion, “Did I do something wrong? I didn’t mean to make you cry more.”

“I… I want the r-real Yuri.”

“What?”

The black pearl can’t exactly do something about this, so she stands to her full height and goes back to the kitchen with her grocery bags. She woke up with a bag hangover but the medicine Jessica left for her on the bedside table did the trick. Yuri’s embarrassment almost prevented her from coming back but she wanted to be a decent person and at least prepare breakfast for Jessica as a sign of gratitude. Jessica didn't have to accept her in last night but she did anyway, and it undoubtedly warmed Yuri’s heart to a different extent. 

Well, it is a wonder how Jessica ended up in tears and on the carpet like that but Yuri isn't going to do anything lest she makes things worse. 

“Aigoo… why did Yoong bring me back here anyway?”

At the smell and sound of bacon being fried in the frying pan, Jessica looked up with her swollen eyes. Ghosts or hallucinations can’t cook so realistically, right? Honestly, Jessica’s fear of going crazy is really the spawn of the devil, and she still thinks it’s terrible to play such a prank on a heartbroken person. If she isn’t already completely out of her mind, Jessica is starting to hear some mumbling along with the sizzling oil. She ran her fingers through her tangled locks and walked with heavy steps to the source of the sounds.

“Oh, you’re finally done crying?”

“Y-Yul!” 

Yuri wonders why Jessica is so shocked at her presence; did she not greet the blonde a moment ago? She turns her head slightly and doesn't get another chance to do anything else; Jessica’s front pressed up against her back and her arms tightly wrapped around her waist. 

Jessica almost crumbles again when she feels the familiar security engulf her entire system; how long has it been since she felt this safe being alone in this huge apartment? She’s well-known as the scaredy cat with a tinge of bravery when she feels like it; hell, lightning and thunder can scare the living daylights out of her too. Those are the moments where Jessica really misses the times where she has Yuri to depend on to make her feel comforted, make her feel as if nothing can ever hurt or come after her as long as she has Yuri around.

“Jessica? Are you okay back there?” Yuri asked, trying to hide the influx of emotion in her tone of voice. She already knows it’d be a dead end for them if she gave in to her heart’s demands. “Hey?” 

The sobbing only grows louder again. 

Yuri sighs and turns around, holding onto Jessica’s arms so the ice princess doesn't have a chance to hide her face again. She gulps audibly when the latter’s attire is now clear to her eyes. Well, yes, they were sleeping in the same bed last night but Yuri was too drunk to even notice Jessica cleaning her up. Now noticing the sheer white shirt and lack of shorts on Jessica’s more than beautiful body line, Yuri doesn't know how long more she can maintain her sanity (or decency to not pounce onto the blonde). 

“H-hug me….” Jessica whines, her face starting to turn red because of her crying. She didn't wait for Yuri to go first, casually shoving herself into Yuri’s arms so she didn't have any excuse to reject her. “You… You stupid woman.”

“Ouch?” 

The smacks Yuri receives afterward are a pretty reward for being a nice goof; even with her mischievous ways, she still manages to comfort Jessica effortlessly. The lack of cries and tears tell her so. She knows the extent to which Jessica relies on her for comfort, security, almost everything in the book actually. Seeing as these things haven't changed in the least make Yuri wonder if anything has changed at all. Changing the person Jessica goes to for all those basic things should be the first thing to be altered, and it hasn’t. 

Jessica unconsciously relaxes in relief when she feels Yuri’s hand rubbing her back the same way she does whenever Jessica wants to be pampered. She let her guards fall completely in front of the black pearl. 

“We have to talk.”

“I know,” Jessica mumbles, nuzzling her face against Yuri’s shoulder, “just let me be in your arms for a while.”

 

*

 

“What do you think they’re doing? Yuri’s supposed to be coming home.”

“Aigoo, what are we going to do about this?”

Hyoyeon watches with sympathetic eyes as their youngest member tries to put on a nonchalant expression in the midst of the conversation. She wonders how such an unpredictable problem can arise even when they’re honest about everything with each other. There are so many things in the world that can be fought over but the one thing they cannot allow is fighting over each other. Going through so much to be together as a group has already made life hard enough; the last thing needed is for them to have more conflict. 

“It’s not exactly new,” Sooyoung rolls her eyes. Well, it is a first that they’ve brought Yuri to Jessica instead but it’s always been known years ago that whenever Yuri or Jessica got drunk, neither of them came back to the dorm either.

“That being said, can we go for breakfast already?”

“You big doofus of a shikshin,” Taeyeon grumbles under her breath, jumping in utter shock when she feels a familiar pair of arms around her face. She can’t stop the smile from crawling up her face when she feels a pair of lips pressed against her neck. “What do you want, Miss Kim?”

Hyoyeon ignores the grossed out looks thrown at them when she starts to hug Taeyeon even tighter; she actually gets amused when the members express their annoyance at their open display of affection all the time. Compared to Taeyeon, she’s more comfortable with the touchy-feely, as Taeyeon would have phrased it. Though the kid leader always tries to prevent overly affectionate actions in front of the others, everyone else is well aware of how much she adores their precious dancing queen. Actions always speak louder than words, as what Hyoyeon would say.

The other members cringed as they watched Taeyeon give in to all of Hyoyeon’s advances; when has Taeyeon become so soft? The thought of it gives them goosebumps at once.

“Okay, can we please focus here?” Yoona’s voice dropped to a low whisper, eyes looking around sheepishly. She doesn't want to hurt their youngest; she’s far too pure for that. “What are we going to do about Joohyun? She’s always in a daze now and I don’t like that…”

Seohyun has been going to work and her schedules as usual but there is a strong sense of hesitation every time she leaves the house. It’s more obvious because Taeyeon’s always at home, and she notices every single thing going on. The clear image of Seohyun crying into her pillow just the other night still sticks fresh in her mind; their pure maknae who has always wished the best for everyone around her. Now that it involves her family… Seohyun has practically no other option but to give up on her one shot at love.

It only gets worse because Yuri did find Seohyun attractive years ago… but she stopped it all because Seohyun was too young and Yuri looked more like a creep than anything else.

A case of bad timing has led to a complicated situation.

“Unnies! I’m going out!”

“Wait, hold up!” Tiffany ran towards Seohyun and blocked the doorway, giving their youngest a scan from head to toe. She doesn't care if her girlfriend is staring her down from the living room but Tiffany needs to know this. “Where are you going, baby?

“YAH!

“Shut up, Sunkyu!”

Seohyun sighed at her childish members and twirled one round for Tiffany, almost as if she’s going for an interrogation or something “I’m just going to meet Krystal. She said she needed someone to talk to.”

Another member visibly tensed up after hearing the other name; everyone around them knows that Krystal has an insane crush on Seohyun, and probably still is. It’s a miracle that Seohyun hasn't realised that already, considering how intelligent and clever she is. That answers all their questions because Seohyun isn’t one to lead others on; in fact, she’s one of the most straightforward people ever. Hanging around Krystal will make it tougher on Seohyun to reject the mini ice princess but that will be tackled when they cross the bridge.

“Bye, Unnies!”

Sooyoung bursts out laughing once Seohyun’s out of the door; she’s been watching a certain doe-eyed woman the whole time. “Oh my God, Yoona. How are you so obvious and Joohyun still doesn't realise?”

“Shut up, Sooyoung-unnie!” Yoona flushed.

 

*

 

“Sica?”

A hum comes instead of a verbal response.

“I need to pee.”

Jessica pretends nothing like that ever comes out of Yuri’s mouth, instead, she tightens her arms around Yuri’s waist. She’s not going to let go of the tanned woman ever again.

Yuri chortles; she’s pretty comfortable being hugged by Jessica this closely but her bladder is definitely not too happy about it. She didn't get to use the toilet ever since she prepared breakfast for them, and it is coming to six in the evening by now. “Sica, please. Just for a minute! I want - no, I need to go to the bathroom, not the North or South Pole.” Yuri’s this close to begging because her bladder is about to burst and there’s no way she’s going to wet her pants in front of Jessica.

“It’s so far…”

“Far?” Yuri gasps, “it’s right here in your bedroom!”

The ice princess pouts in response; she isn't denying the short distance but she wants to stick to Yuri. She knows there are a lot of things to talk about like whether they’re going to try again or completely pretend last night and this morning never happened. It’s just how they used to function as a couple, and Jessica doesn't want that anymore. The toxicity along with ignoring problems are the root cause of their break up. They’re going to have trust issues all at once, but Jessica isn't going to let it happe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter