The Boy Hanging on The Tree (Joy)

A CHAPTER ON MY YOUTH

“Hey! You! Yeah, You! “

A voice suddenly call me out and I just freeze on my seat. A nudge on my left arm from my new classmate try to unfreeze me.

 

“Hey, that sunbae is calling at you, Joy! “ She said.

 

Uh, of course I heard that. Its just I hope my eyes and ears fault me. I look at their table, and, Uh, they just a bunch of man who drunk and like to flirt with their underclassman. None of them handsome too. Why should I come to them? Damn, that is why Irene unnie said its hard to be freshman.

 

I look at my right side and find my best friend since high school look at me too.

 

“Yerin ah, what should I do? “ I whisper to her.

 

“I dont know. Can you just pretend to not hear that? “

 

“Are you crazy? With that loud voice? People from 2 km from here heard them too, I bet. “

 

“So what? Go there? Okay, go then. I will pray for your safety here. “

 

I give her a look that scream ‘ I dont believe you are my best friend’. But before I can say or do anything about that so called sunbae, another sunbae come to rescue.

 

“Yaah! Kangnam! Stop calling underclassman like that! I know she is pretty but keep you pants up dont even try to lay your hand on my hoobae, you pig! “

 

I can hear the beautiful girl with a nice english accent talk to the man. She is Tiffany, one of the most beautiful sunbae in my depart. Ah, she is kind too, what a perfect human being. Kangnam keeps silent, he cant say anything back because Tiffany’s a close friend of the daughter’s University Director, Taeyeon. No one can touch Tiffany if they dont want to get messy with Taeyon. And if you touch Taeyeon then bye bye happy life in this Uni. Taeyeon has a lot of fans.

 

“Uh wow, thats the power of Taeyeon unnie there, “ I whisper to Yerin.

 

“You know taeyeon sunbae? “ Asked Yerin curious.

 

“Yeah, I meant not that close but Yerim and Joohyun unnie really close with them. “

 

“Aaah, yeah, of course, rich people flock together. “

 

I give her the look of disbelief. And Yerin mouthed ‘Why? It is not wrong! “ And I just shake my head to that.

 

.

.

.

 

“So it is okay now babe? “

 

Asked Nickhun to his girlfriend when Tiffany come back to their table. Tiffany comes close to Nickhun, brings her hand to his right cheek and smile.

 

“Yes, what a bother. Cant do anything than drink and flirt. I have enough with him. “

 

“So who is the girl? Kangnam always has a good eyes when choosing girl. I bet she is pretty. “ Said Jun curious.

 

“Joy, Park Joy. She is one of the hottest hoobae in our depart, you know. “ Wooyoung answers his friend question.

 

“Really? “

 

“Yeah, hot body and cute face. Cutie y! I dont believe you didnt know her! She is been the talk of the town! “

 

“Nah, My depart already have Sana... and she is also cutie y, i dont need anyone but Sana! “

 

“Seriously, guys?” Tiffany asked amused. “Babe, your friends are a bunch of pig too. Oh my god! “ She said jokingly while shaking her head toward his boyfriend.

 

“Hahahaha, its okay, babe, just ignore them. For me you are still the cutest iest from them all, “ said Nickhun while giving his girlfriend a peck.

 

“Of course i am. If you dont, you know what will happen, “ said Tiffany while smiling sweetly.

 

“Ughh, scary! “

 

“Thats way i dont do girlfriend! “

 

.

.

.

 

“Seiously, Joyie, how can you be that pretty? Pretty, cute, y, and funny too! My girlfriend has nothing on you! “

 

“Yaah! Stop flirting with her! You already got girlfriend! Im single, Joy. You should go out with me, hemm? Im rich kind and I can give you all that you want! “

 

“Yaah! What the use of money if you have face like that, hah?! Choose me Joy, I am single and handsome too. A cutie like you should go out with someone with face like me! “

 

 

And blablablablablabla... seriously i dont even know who they are and what they want.. or maybe I know what they want, but yeah, just a bunch of upperclassman who to drunk and have lost their mind. If i am not their hoobae and they are not the sunbae that i need to respect i will kick their groin in a few second they tried to flirt with me.

So I just smile and trying to be a respectful hoobae. I just really want to get out from here and go to dorm. I bet wendy unnie and seulgi unnie are already there.

Then a few minutes later, they start to fighting each other and I finally can move out from their table, without need to care about my attitude. The hell with attitude, they need to act like good sunbae before I can respect them!

 

The restaurant is still full of university student. The gathering for freshman still looking lively even though the clock screamed 1 am now. I looking around and find a few of my class mate in different table, drunk, flirting each other, sleep, or just having a conversation. Some of them already left. And I really want to leave now before some bunch of pig come to me again. I have enough tonight!

 

My eyes wonder around the restaurant, trying to search Yerin. The last time I saw her, she went to the bathroom exactly 10 minutes ago and leaving me with that upperclassman. But since then she has not comeback. Where is she? It is impossible she left.

 

I walk around to search for the tall girl and when I still cant find her, I try to search her on the bathroom. And hoila there she is in one of the bathroom making out with some random dude. WTF. While I closed the door, i try to keep my laugh. Oh my God Yerin, what a score! He is handsome! And that body behind the white shirt is amazing! I laugh to my self thinking about how fast Yerin can snatch some random handsome dude. Well, Yerin is beautiful with a cheerful personality so its not that hard for her to make some boy fall for her.

 

I decided to go home first and let Yerin has her night with the boy. I will about it tomorrow on the lecture, I said to myself.

 

When I am on my train of thought, suddenly someone called me out.

“Hey, hey! You there! “

A voice call me. I thought some sunbae try to flirt with me again so i am ready to pretend to not hear it.

 

“Hey, can you help me, please? “

A man, maybe the same age with me, call me out from a tree outside the restaurant.

 

“Hey, help me! “

 

“Wh-What are you doing there? How can you be there? “ I asked while move closer to him.

 

The man is handsome, maybe not that tall but yeah i cant really tell when he is hanging on one of the branch of the tree now.

 

“Some sunbae joked around and here I am! “ He said with funny voice as if it can lower the sarcasm.

 

“Oooh wow! What a nice sunbae! “ I joked. “Uhh... But what can I do? Cant you just jump from there? “

 

“WHAT? JUMP? NO! No! Too much risk! Can you just help me to get some ladder? I saw one in there earlier! “ He said as pointing at a certain way.

 

A ladder? He want me to bring him a ladder? Oh my god... what did i do to deserve this kind of day. Maybe this is my karma for teasing wendy and seulgi unnie too much. Yerim will 100% laughing at me if she knows.

 

I walk to get the ladder and relieve to find its a small kind ladder so i can bring it easily to him. I bring it to him and with one little jump he finally back to land.

“Wah! Thank you so much for your help! “ He said while smiling. “If you are not here i dont know what should i do and thanks god you dont drink to much too. Many people before too drunk to understand my cries of help! “

 

“OH! By the way, what is your name? Are you a freshman too? “

 

“Uh, yeah, I am Joy... Park Joy from Interior Design... “

 

“Oh, Joy! Hi, I am Yook Sungjae, a medical student! “

.

.