Chapter 2

Jīngshén guójiā
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseok has been getting weird dreams as of late.

After they were forcefully kicked out of the cave, Minseok was feeling strangely tired and they had to stop randomly at times on their way back into the village. In everyone of those dream it all Minseok saw he was in a very peculiar place. It was like if you were under the ocean but without the water and had a grassy field. Various sea plants, trees, and bushes were swaying in the wind. There were fishes of different species flying everywhere along with other sea creatures like eels, seahorses, and turtles. There were also various land creatures roaming across the land. Strangely you would see lions and deer laying with one another and not chasing each other like their counterparts in the real world, adding to the surreality of this place. However the biggest thing out of the place was only Minseok could describe as a giant sitting in the middle of the field. He was huge, his hand was bigger than his whole body. However the giant was not menacing, in fact if he was in human size it would have been a beautiful boy. The doe eyes and bottom up lips, to the soft fluffy brown hair would have both women and men swooning over him. Minseok would always see the giant speak in a language that he couldn't understand all he kept getting was "Zhùshǒu" , "soul", and "Xiumin". Minseok was confused hearing and seeing all of this and wondered if it had anything to do with him, but whenever this ginormous being would turn towards him gazing at him with a loving obsessive stare calling him Xiumin waking him up from all his naps with a fright. Minseok knew he did not want to come in contact with or with any relations to the giant. 

Suho could not sleep worrying about Minseok and his future together.

Most importantly Minseok's. All he could think about while laying in his bed late at night was about what Alibaba said about Minseok having no future. It worried him more than his own because at least he knows vaguely what was going to happen, but how is he going to protect Minseok from the unknown. He just thought it be a fun little trip, from what Taehyung and his boyfriend Jimin told him. Now he has to deal with more stress than he already is going to have becoming the village leader.

Suho couldn't stand laying in bed anymore and got up to check on Minseok. He got out of his bedroom and slid the door close, then began walking his way down to the very end of the hallway which where Minseok's room was located. The village leader and his family lived in a more traditional Japanese home despite the diversity in the village as a way to pay homage to the Japanese spirits who protected their home during the war. While the atmosphere of the home was refine and dignified Suho could not help but feel tense as he was walking towards Minseok's room. Minseok's room always seemed to get farther away every time he reach closer to his room. Not knowing if it was his eyes deceiving him or someone trying to prevent him from seeing his fiancee stir some unwanted anxiety in Suho. His walking became running and before Suho reached the door he was suddenly brought back to where he started. Suho didn't know what to do so he just kept running over and over again. Only for him to keep coming back to the same spot. That anxiety grew into fear for Minseok and whatever being is trying to separate them. Then a soft spoken voice inside his head started saying.

'Use jinta*'

"Jinta"

'It's your best shot getting to him'

Suho had no knowledge of whom the voice is and why it is speaking to him, but if felt like something was taking control of him as his hands were moving in strange hand signs he never learned before every in his life, and the water was pulled out of the air and changed into a shimmery gold liquid that covered every inch of his body like a shield. When the spell was done Suho could help but be amazed at the golden liquid shield.

'Now you can run'

Suho did not waste no time thanking of questioning the voice and just ran immediately to Minseok's room and slammed the door wide open. Suho stood frozen in shock at what he saw. Minseok was laying in his bed, his skin look deathly pale as four strange men surround him one holding a small pale blue-white ball of fire in his hand. The men varied from different body shapes and height, but they all shared a similar lean muscular physique. They wore fit tight black body jumpsuits and their face was cover with creepy black and white masks of different animals : a smiling scorpion, a dragon, a weirdly cute panda, and a serious unicorn. The men just stood there acknowledging his presence but did not really see him as a threat to engage in combat. Which Suho got a little tick off since he trained to be one of the best warriors to become the village leader. 

"If you think I am just going to let you kill my future husband the you are dead wrong," Suho exclaimed trying to draw their attention away from Minseok. 

While it did work it was not in the way Suho hoped for. They all turn towards him with an angry aura surrounding them and Suho could particularly felt most of the anger coming from the dragon mask guy as he gestured towards both him and the smiling scorpion as he motioned his finger straight across his neck and Suho got the message clear as day.

Kill him 

Suho start drawing water from the atmosphere to from a water javelin as the smiling scorpion man was slowly walking towar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter