Finding My Light (Extra)

Finding My Light

“I miss him, Jongdae. Do you think he’s in a better place now?” Baekhyun turned to his lover standing next to him.

Jongdae looked up from the tombstone and up into the blue sky where a few white clouds seemed to glow as the sun shined through them.

“All his life, he suffered one thing after another. If anyone deserves happiness, it’s him.”

Baekhyun nodded in agreement. At that moment, remembered the journal Yixing had given to Jongdae. “Wait, did you ever find out what he meant by the wish he had written in the journal? What did he mean by ‘finding my light again’?”

Jongdae looked back down and over to Baekhyun. “I’m not sure,” Jongdae replied after a few moments. He thought back to the time when he had gone out with Yixing, Baek, and Kris. Baek had gone to the restroom while he had gone to pick up their meals at the front booth. As he walked back over to their table in the corner with a tray in hand, he could see Kris pecking Yixing’s nose with a small kiss while the latter blushed and looked down.

“Alright you two, enough of that,” Jongdae teased as he grimaced in pretense disgust. At the sound of his voice, the other two separated. Just as Jongdae was about to sit down, he noticed in Yixing’s lap, a small grey journal with Chinese wordings on the front.

“What’s that?” he asked as he nodded towards Yixing’s lap.

“Oh, um, Kris gave it to me,” Yixing explained.  “It’s to, you know, write in when I leave for Korea with you guys next week.”

“What does it say on the front?” Jondae asked.

Yixing looked at Kris, who in turn muttered, “Your light. It says I’m his light.”

“Didn’t know you had such a romantic side to you, Yifan,” Jongdae smirked.

“Shut up,” Kris muttered as he reached for his drink, trying to hide the slight blush on his face. Jongdae chuckled quietly to himself, amused at his friends’ love-struck actions.

That had been the last time he had seen the two together. It was also the last time he saw Yixing happy and smiling with that amount of love in his eyes.

“Jongdae, are you alright babe?” Baekhyun’s voice brought him back from his memories and into the present.

“Uh yeah, sorry. I spaced out for a bit,” He looked back at the tombstone in front of him. “It was him,” he said to himself.

“What?” Baekhyun asked, confusion in his eyes.

“It’s nothing. But about what you asked me, about Yixing’s wish to find his light again?” Jongdae started.

“Yeah?”

“Where ever he’s at right now, I think he’s found it. I think he found his light. I think he’s happy.”

Baekhyun looked back at the tombstone, “I think so too.” He smiled and reached for Jongdae’s hand. “Let’s go.”

Jongdae nodded and said a silent goodbye to his best friend of 23 years. As they turned, Jongdae stopped once more and gave a slight squeeze to Baekhyun’s hand.

“I love you.”

Before Baekhyun could turn to question Jondgae, the latter reached over and gave him a chaste kiss on his forehead.

"Let's go home."