Finding My Light

Finding My Light

“Yixing.”

The soft deep voice called out to me from within the whiteness of the room. I stepped through the door frame. I could feel a change in the air course through my body. I could feel myself become light within the nothingness of the room. It was as if all the gravity had suddenly disappeared. No floor. No walls. Nothing acting as a constraint. Nothing needing to be contained. I had never felt this way before, not even in my own dreams. For the first time in my life, everything seemed beautiful. It was captivating, enlightening, wondrous, but above all, truly beautiful in its inexplicable feeling and form.

I closed my eyes and listened for the voice to call out to me again.

“Yixing.”

There it was. His voice. The voice that was light at the end of a dark tunnel. For so long, I had wished to hear that voice again and now that I had, I could feel it wrapping itself around me, enclosing me in its warmth.

“Kris,” I whispered timidly, afraid that the voice would disappear. “Kris, are you there?” I kept my eyes closed and could feel my heart beat in, both, excitement and fear.

“K-Kris, I miss you,” my voice cracked as the words I had been afraid to admit for so long, finally escaped me. The dam I had built in my heart was starting to fall apart and the old wounds were reopening.

“Yixing, I’m here.”

I opened my eyes abruptly as I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist.

“It’s okay baby. I’m here now.”

I stopped breathing at the sound of his voice next to my ear and the feel of his chin on my shoulder. The tears came when I felt his soft kisses below my ear and on my neck.

“Hey, hey don’t cry. I’m right here,” I felt his arms begin to turn me around. Afraid, I quickly shut my eyes again.

That’s when I heard it. The soft chuckle in front of me.

“Baby, you need your eyes open to look if you want to see. I know you want to see. I want to see you. I want you to see me.”

“I’m scared,” I breathed out, the words slipping from my mouth. I could no longer hold back my feelings. “What if none of this is real? I can’t lose you again. K-Kris, I-“

Suddenly they on me. His lips. They were gentle and as light as a feather. I could feel his soft lips on my nose. Like the first time, it was simple but intimate, holding meaning that only they could understand.

Slowly, I opened my eyes. In front of me, he stood there in the same royal blue button up and blue jeans that he had worn when I first met him. He was as tall as ever with his slim and slightly lanky form, But it was still him. It had always been him. I realized from the moment I entered the room, everything that I had felt had been because of him. Kris. His Kris. And in Kris’s eyes, he saw himself.

Kris looked at him and smiled that gentle smile. The smile he had missed so much. He felt Kris place his hands on both sides of his cheeks, cupping his face and using his thumbs to wipe the tears.

“I missed you,” he said quietly. He then tilted his head at a slight angle as he moved towards me. Our lips connected.

When we broke away, we stood there for a few moments with our foreheads touching and an unspoken ‘I love you’ being shared between us.

“You’re home now,” he whispered.

"I know," I replied, feeling a smile stretch on my lips. "It's been so long, but I finally found you."