FINAL

What It Takes To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Loud music can be heard pulsating in the practice room as BTS members are preparing for their comeback. It was a month before their official comeback and everyone was practicing with all they have got.

When the music finally stopped, all of them dropped onto the floor, panting heavily with sweat dripping down on their forehead. Everyone was tired, but Jimin especially, was having a harder time compared to others. 

It had been a couple of days since Jimin has been feeling out of it.  These few days, Jimin had been trying to keep his weight in control and on top of it, he was having mild fever due to constant practices. However, he kept it to himself and struggled to keep up with the dance routine. He lay on the practice room’s floor, with his arm draped over his eyes, hoping to get rid of the headache that was slowly forming and the black spots that threaten to take over his vision. 

“Jimin, you need to grasp the move correctly before our comeback okay? We can’t have you messing up on the actual day.” Namjoon said as he sat up, looking at Jimin.

“Okay…I’m sorry for messing up again…” Jimin mumbled, as he slowly sat up, looking at the members apologetically.

“It’s good if you got it. We’re done for practice today guys. Let’s go and have dinner.” Namjoon suggested.

At the mention of food, everyone quickly sat up, all the fatigue pushed aside momentarily.

“Let’s have burger!” Taehyung shouted enthusiastically. 

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

“I think I’ll pass..” Jimin said as he scratched his head.

“No, you’re coming with us. I haven’t seen you eating all day.” Seokjin said as he glared as Jimin.

“But-“ Jimin was about to protest but he wasn’t given a chance to.

“No buts.” Namjoon added.

Eventually, all the members dragged Jimin up, forcing him to leave the practice room

When they arrived at the fast food restaurant, everyone quickly placed their orders and reluctantly, Jimin had to order something to eat. 

It wasn’t that he purposely avoided eating but at the sight of room, it nauseated him. He was worried that he couldn’t keep it down. 

When the food arrived, everyone started digging in and he took small nibbles of his food in order to avoid any suspicions. He knew that if the members found out he was sick, he would be excluded from practice, which was something that he couldn’t afford doing. He did not want to be the burden for the group.

Despite his nausea, Jimin managed to keep the food down slowly and he was glad for it. 

“Jimin wake up! You’re the last one today! Everyone is almost ready, you should get up soon otherwise we’ll be late for the MV shoot!” Seokjin hollered as he banged on Jimin’s room door.

Reluctantly, Jimin woke up feeling worse than he did the day before. His head felt heavy, his limps were wobbly and the worse of all, he had a sore throat. 

“I’m coming hyung!” Jimin managed to reply as he struggled to stand up. When he stood up, he had to hold the walls for support. Not wanting to delay the group, he quickly went to freshen up and used the hoodie of his jacket to cover up his pale features.

He contemplated on getting another jacket as he was shivering but decided against it as he did not want the members to suspect. 

“Gosh, you’re finally here. What took you so long?” Yoongi muttered.

“I’m sorry hyung. I’m just feeling kinda drained from yesterday.” Jimin quickly apologised.

Upon hearing the reply, Yoongi simply shrugged and walked off, with Jimin trailing behind him but not before secretly entering the kitchen to take some aspirin.

He just hoped that he will be able to make it through the day safely, like he always did.

When they arrived at the filming location, Jimin quickly snuck to the toilet and took the medicine, hoping to relieve his fever.

“Jimin! Where did you go?” His makeup stylist asked when she finally saw him.

“I went to the toilet for a while.” Jimin smiled as he made his way to her.

His makeup stylist started doing her job.

“Jimin, are you feeling okay? You don’t look too good and you seem to be having a fever…” She asked.

“I’m okay. Don’t worry. I took some pills.” Jimin quickly assured.

“Does your members and manager know? You should tell them so that they can keep a lookout.” She said worriedly.

“It’s okay! Don’t tell them. Please.” He begged.

“Okay…but let them know if it gets back okay?” She said.

Instead, he hummed in reply as he smiled. When everyone was done preparing, all of them took their positions and started filming.

At first, things were going smoothly until Jimin started tripping and making mistakes here and there. As the day dragged on, Jimin got more exhausted and were struggling to keep his eyes open. He could also feel that the members were getting frustrated.

Halfway through, Jimin suddenly felt light headed and he lost his balance and bumped into Hoseok. The accident took Hoseok by surprise as he tripped, causing the both of them to fall. Filming halted as everyone quickly rushed over.

Jimin quickly sat up and ignored the throbbing pain of his ankle as he rushed over. Hoseok was groaning in pain as his back suffered from the impact from falling.

“Hoseok! Are you okay?!” Taehyung asked as he ran to him.

“Call the ambulance!” Seokjin shouted to the staff.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Yoongi screamed as he looked at Jimin standing beside, paralysed from shock.

“I’m..I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to.. I was just…” Jimin started saying, his voice trembling. “What’s wrong with you?! Why did you keep making mistakes today?!” Yoongi screamed as he grabbed Jimin’s collar, blinded by anger, seeing suffering in pain.

“Enough! Let go of him right now!” Seokjin screamed as he struggled to loosen Yoongi’s hold on Jimin. 

“We will go to the hospital first and settle all these later.” Namjoon said as the staff member quickly helped Hoseok get on the stretcher to get treatment in the hospital. All the members and staff quickly rushed to the hospital along with Hoseok and Jimin followed too, with tears streaming down his cheeks. When they arrived in the hospital, all the members waited outside the waiting room for the doctor and no one spoke a word to each other. 

30 minutes later, the doctor came out.

“Mr. Jung Hoseok will be fine, he just suffered from a minor injury due to the sudden strain on his back. He will need to recover for at least 4 weeks before resuming any strenuous activity. You guys can go and visit him.” The doctor said as he walked away.

The members all heaved a sigh of relief as they quickly went to visit Hoseok, leaving Jimin and Yoongi alone.

“The damage is done, nothing you do can change it.” Yoong said, his back facing from Jimin as he walked away, leaving Jimin standing alone, with tears streaming down his cheeks.

D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter