Ending 3

Pianoforte

*5 years later*

 

"And do you remember the time that we scarred Xiao?" Luda laughs, laying across the sofa, her legs not quite reaching the full length of it. She snuggled under a blanket with her head resting on Meiqi's lap.

 

"I'm sure we've scarred the poor girl countless times, you're going to have to be more specific," Meiqi replies taking a sip from her cup of hot chocolate.

 

"You know, at Christmas a few years back with the piano. She looked terrified, it was great. I'm surprised you don't remember it."

 

"Oh, that time. Pffft, of course I wouldn't be able to remember that, I was too busy thinking of you at the time," Meiqi replies flirtatiously.

 

"You don't need to remind me why I call you cheese," Luda pulls the blanket over her face.

 

"I know, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy doing it anyway," Meiqi takes another swig of her drink and then puts the cup down.

 

"Are you hiding a blush under there?"

 

"No," Luda responds rather quickly.

 

"Well, I can't give you kisses when you're hiding under-"

 

Luda tries to throw the blanket off herself with lightning speed. The key word being 'tries' since she ends up on the floor in a heap. Trapped in the blanket with her head sticking out and one leg flailing about.

 

Meiqi gets down off the sofa and gives Luda a kiss.

 

"You taste like chocolate, nice," Luda flashes a grin, also managing to move an arm out of the blanket.

 

Meiqi looks upon her, at how perfect Luda is.

 

"Marry me," Meiqi blurts out suddenly.

 

The writhing blanket stops moving.

 

"Wh-what?" Luda stutters.

 

"It-it doesn't matter-"

 

"Yes."

 

"What?" Meiqi asks.

 

"Yes, I'll marry you," Luda answers, sitting up and wriggling the other arm out. She takes hold of Meiqi's hands, and thumbs across her knuckles.

 

Meiqi's face lights up like a Christmas tree. Her cheek bones becoming more prominent as she smiles from ear to ear.

 

A thought flashes through her mind.

 

"I know what song to pick for our first dance," Meiqi squeals.

 

"Wow, planning the reception already. Let's hear it then."

 

"I," Meiqi carries the note for a few seconds.

 

"Don't want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing I need," Meiqi serenades Luda with the classic Christmas song.

 

"But what if we get married in the summer?" Luda challenges.

 

"I don't care, it's our song. We're dancing to it even if the sun is beating down on us and we're dying from heatstroke," she declares resolutely.

 

"Well I guess that's settled then," Luda agrees.

 

"Ok but imagine a winter wedding, now that would be pretty. Not as pretty as you of course, but close."

 

"I can't believe I'm engaged to a piece of cheese," Luda rolls her eyes.

 

"Yeah well, I'm marrying a tiny version of the devil so count yourself lucky," Meiqi protests.

 

"I love you," Luda lifts up Meiqi's left hand and kisses her ring finger.

 

"I love you too," Meiqi looks right into Luda's eyes.

 

"We can go shopping for a ring tomorrow. Since this was spontaneous, I don't have one to give you," Meiqi chuckles.

 

"Sure, we can try that new café in town while we're out," Luda says, thinking with her stomach.

 

"So it's a date then."

 

Luda nods and smiles at her.

 

Meiqi takes a moment to reflect.

 

'Everything is perfect and just as it should be.'

 

 

A/N Well that’s all folks! Thanks for reading and hope you have a lovely day.