Turquoise shells and tiles

Thalassophile tides

A/N: Since I'm not good at maintaining long chaptered stories, I decided to make a series of this universe. This contains of small drabbles and fluffy stories about composer Yoongi and siren Jimin.

I hope this works out, cuz I have already written the next work (about how they both met), and I'm planning to update this series soon.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Locked away in a dusty large room. The curtains where closed and the window behind it served no importance of telling the difference between day and night. The only sound heard was a calm ticking from the wood-carved clock, that made every hour high-pitched chimes, and the soft noise from a nib drenched with ink scratching on paper.

Yoongi was used to spending his live away composing the best pieces. His fingers sore from touching the piano tiles for at least several weeks on a row. He promised to finish this piece before the recital. With immense stage-fright he never got credits for his work and was paid by his master to keep silent. The music belonged to his master and not to him. He would be the one to play Yoongi’s pieces, but he couldn’t be greedy. After all, he made a deal with the devil:

‘People would acknowledge his work without acknowledging him.’

The only person that had ever seen him play, with an exception of his master, was Jimin. His beautiful and eye-catching partner that would stay at home. Watching the sea and waiting for the moment of Yoongi’s welcome. That welcome didn’t come often when he was working on another piece. Jimin did know this, but both decided to stay away from each other in public as much as possible. They couldn’t let anyone know about their relationship, so Jimin wasn’t allowed to visit Yoongi when he was working. Jimin himself was the assistant of a tailor. That meant cleaning up the place and sorting buttons. After Jimin’s usual chores, the shop owner Changlee would take time in teaching the art of tailoring to his apprentice.

It was funny how they both pretended to not know each other when Yoongi’s master had to get a suit tailored. Being both a little excited about keeping it all a secret, Yoongi made sweet faces when Jimin was staring a bit too much at him. Pretending to cough in case anyone would notice his small giggle.

Yoongi let out a long dramatic sigh. Thinking about Jimin made him sleepy and the last bit concentration left his mind. The piece was almost done, and he couldn’t wait to open his eyes next to the natural black-haired boy. How whiny he would be early in the morning when Yoongi would softly kiss his cheek to wake him up. He knew he had a soft spot for Jimin. Letting his thoughts wander to the usual mornings made a tired smile appear on his face.

Suddenly, the door slammed open and his master stood there with a soaked cloak hanging around his shoulders. ‘’Good morning, Yoongi.’’ It was morning already?

A very ugly cat black and white cat wandered easily inside with the master. Just one eye staring at Yoongi with pure hate. If this cat had two judgmental eyes Yoongi didn’t know if he would despite the cat more, somewhere deep down he pitied the malicious half-blind cat, for losing his eye in a battle with rats.

‘’I wouldn’t say ‘good’, but I’m glad you came to see how far I worked on the last part.’’ Yoongi shifted on his chair and noticed how stiff his legs had become. He softly moved them to let the bleeding flow naturally.

‘’For Juliette’s sake, Marbles!’’ His master sprinted towards the grand piano. The ugly cat had jumped with mud paws on the black instrument and was leaving Yoongi behind with small tremors. He hated the cat for dirtying his precious. Cats were supposed to live on the streets not kept as pets.

‘’Did you already schedule an appointment with the tailor?’’ Yoongi asked while he was watching his master wiping away the stains Marbles left behind.

‘’I already tailored a suit.’’ Yoongi knew how disappointed Jimin would be when only his master arrived in the shop. That was probably the reason for his master’s cautious words. ‘’I came to tell you that the recital is one week earlier. That means within three days.’’ This shocked Yoongi. The planning wasn’t right and he wanted to go home this evening. ‘’They predicted more rain for the next week and there is a high chance that the hall will flood.’’

‘’What do you mean rain?’’ Yoongi asked when he became aware of the word ‘more’ in his master’s sentence.

‘’It has been raining for a couple days now, and the walls will overflow if it keeps raining this week. So, the recital date has changed.’’

This was more disaster than Yoongi could’ve imagined. First he couldn’t go home, because he had to work through the night to finish this piece within three days. Second, Jimin couldn’t go outside in the rain and when it already had been raining non-stop for days he must’ve been all out on groceries. It was a dilemma…

‘’Sir… I would love to pull an all-nighter, but you see...’’ The slap came unexpected. Yoongi’ face turned towards the wall by impact. With wide eyes, he brought a hand towards his inflamed cheek and with a startled expression he faced his master again.

‘’Yoongi, I get that you must take care of your family, but I’m paying you a lot more than what you deserve. So, you better get working, because you’re not the only one that is stressed.’’

Yoongi nodded and turned his gaze towards the ground. He was ashamed of how easily he was put back into place. His master never used negative physical contact.

‘’I get it, I’ll try to get it done by tomorrow so you can practice the last remaining days.’’ Yoongi turned towards his crumpled sheets again, and was relieved when his master had left the room. Yoongi wasn’t afraid of him and perhaps his tiredness needed a slap in the face to bring him back to his senses. He shouldn’t put Jimin on the first place, since he knew his lover could take care of himself just fine.

 

---

 

The next morning Yoongi stumbled through the town with a half-open cloak. He was soaked to the bone and was exhausted more than ever. He never knew he could be this exhausted. It felt like his soul wasn’t attached to his body at all. Luckily he owned a place in the center of the town with heating in every room and he knew Jimin kept the bedsheets clean. He craved for a nice bath together with the man and started walking, or what looked like it, a little faster to get to the sea-view house. Once arrived he pulled out his key and opened the door to the stairs that leaded to his big apartment. He earned good money from his job, and since his parents where friends of noble men, he was never in a poor situation.

He walked through the kitchen to the living room and shifted his head in all kinds of directions to find the one he had been anticipating for the most. Jimin sat by the window with a blanket wrapped around his shoulders. Watching the sea while humming sailor songs. The heating wasn’t since his lover was used to cold waters. He shuffled towards Jimin and the said man looked up when he heard the little noise.

‘’Yoongi?’’ He whispered softly. Yoongi hummed in response and before he knew it he was engulfed into a hug. The sudden warmth was gone when both forgot about the fact that Yoongi was still soaked from the rain.

Yoongi caught Jimin before he fell to the ground. His legs had turned into a beautiful glimmering fishtail and he giggled. His clothes hung awkwardly around his body and Yoongi helped remove it with a little struggle. Afterwards he smiled and kissed Jimin with passion. Placing him on the ground and not caring about being drenched he leaned over Jimin to his hands over the soft cheeks. Jimin whined when Yoongi pulled away. He whispered ‘bath’ and was out the room before he could see Jimin fall back on the ground with frustrated behavior.

Even the slightest touch of water turned him into a siren. His thirst was compelled by swimming at least once a week. Yoongi made sure he was there to help Jimin dry his tail and carry him to bed when his legs where still weak from the transformation. Yoongi returned and picked Jimin up. With a little struggle since Yoongi wasn’t the most muscular man alive.

Jimin giggled once again when Yoongi placed him gentle in the huge bath. It was built into the whole corner of his bathroom and he had to use a little step to climb inside. He noticed the intense stare Jimin was giving him and to reward his hunger for love, Yoongi slowly started undressing himself. The thin fins alongside Jimin’s silver tail swaddled slowly up the water surface flowing with the stream of water he had created. He was leaning over the edge and his eyes glowed upon Yoongi’s back. Yoongi chuckled in response when he felt the burning gaze of his lover. He placed the pile of wet clothing neatly on the ground before he approached the warm bath filled with bubbles and a delicious flowery scent. Jimin had made the soap himself in the summer, knowing all about the plants growing close to the sea.

Yoongi dipped his toe in and shivered from pleasure when he was feeling the warm flow through his nerve system. Jimin gave him a hand to help him inside and rested his arms on Yoongi’s ties to keep his head above the water. He didn’t have legs to pull him up and this he had to use Yoongi. Not that he did mind. He loved watching Jimin up close. How the silver scales slowly faded into smooth skin just above his collarbones and how his freckles seemed to have the same glow as his eyes. Yoongi helped Jimin turn around so he was resting with his back against his chest. His hand softly to the silver hair strings, that would turn black once he could walk as a human again.

Jimin purred and softly let himself glide away from Yoongi presence to take a deep breath underwater. Yoongi leaned forward to catch the tip of his small nose with his lips before his whole face disappeared under. The bubbles emerged and suddenly Jimin was gone. Yoongi felt the soft fins slowly his legs and he chuckled once again.

Jimin started humming once half his face was above the water swimming around his partner in too much joy. Yoongi always wondered why Jimin would’ve left the sea for him, swimming was clearly his passion and he wondered how depressed Jimin had been being locked up in their apartment without choosing to. Not like Yoongi who locked himself away.

‘’I missed you.’’ Jimin softly said between his seducing humming. He disappeared under again and Yoongi stared at him while waiting for a song Jimin was about to sing.

‘’I’m sorry. If I had known, it was raining I would’ve come home. We’re probably all out of food…’’

Even if Jimin seemed like a beautiful creature, he was still considered a monster. When he was upset, his teeth would grow longer into carnivorous canines. Seemingly like he could rip apart Yoongi within just a second. His eyes turned from glowing to matt black and whiny shrill noises would leave his throat.

This happened once Jimin was on the opposite of Yoongi keeping distance from his murderous instincts. ‘’I’m sorry I’m such a burden.’’ Jimin gestured to his appearance and tried to fan his teeth back to normal. What didn’t help off course. Yoongi waddled through the water to keep a hold of the siren. He kissed Jimin’s cheek and over the long fishtail that had curled around his human body.

‘’You’re never a burden Jiminnie. I love you so much. I didn’t go through the trouble carrying you around town to come live with me for nothing.’’ Yoongi his partner’s cheeks and Jimin hiccupped a laugh. Jimin wouldn’t cry easily since tears where precious for sirens, only letting them flow after a huge emotional trauma or when their lover was dying and in need of immortality. Living forever that was seen in the eyes of the water creators. That meant that when a tear was clean the human would live forever until the siren, who had granted, it died.

Jimin’s teeth retracted and Yoongi gave him a peck on the lips. ‘’Come, let me wash your hair.’’ Jimin nodded and let Yoongi glide him towards the middle of the tub. His tail was still circling around Yoongi and he smiled when Yoongi trembled from being a little ticklish.

Once they were done with washing Yoongi slipped his hands under Jimin and placed him on a towel on the ground. He made sure his legs were the first thing dry so the man could turn back into a human. He wouldn’t turn when just his upper body would become wet, but when just a little drop would splash on his knees he would fall to the ground.

Yoongi was busy wrapping Jimin’s hair into the towel when the process of going back to human had started. His silver tail would slowly fade to skin color and eventually it would split into two. Jimin wiggled his toes cutely when they finally touched the tiled floor. Yoongi gave a peck in Jimin’s neck and whispered a:

‘’I love you, Minnie.’’

Yoongi was truly calm when the covers of his bed where wrapped around him and the flush body of Jimin against his chest, letting out tiny puffs of air against his sternum. He tangled his legs between the smaller man’s and finally closed his eyes.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Thank you for reading! Pls look forward to the next work in the same universe ^^.