Prologue:

Who Are You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue: Eight

 “Minhyun honey can you come here and help your mom out?” A woman called her eight year old son from the kitchen while she stood up from the floor were she had been kneeling down in as she looked for some eggs and some milk only to find that there was none left.

Minhyun hurried over to his mother once he had heard her voice. There the boy looked at what his mother was doing before he asked what was it that she needed.

“I need you to go and buy mommy some eggs and milk.” His mother said writing what she needed down on a piece of paper as well as getting the bags out from the drawer handing them over to her son.

Taking the bags the boy nodded placing the piece of paper into the plastic bag and then looked at his mother before she handed him some money. Minhyun took the money from his mother’s hands and smiled at her.

“Take your brother with you.” She said while Minhyun nodded and turned to face the door to see his older twin standing at the entrance. Smiling Minhyun headed towards him and took his hand. “Kihyun lets go to the store and get mom her stuff.”

Kihyun nodded taking his brother’s hand and he looked at his mother who stared daggers at him. “We’ll be back.” Kihyun said in a whisper as he turned around to leave along with his younger brother.

“If there’s money left over you can get candy Minhyun.” She said as the boys started to leave the kitchen. “Make sure Kihyun doesn’t get some he needs to watch his teeth.”

Hearing that Minhyun stopped in his feet but Kihyun held his hand tightly and whispered, “Don’t, let’s just go.” To his younger brother as he looked at him with pleading eyes, he did not want to deal with his mother not when Minhyun was also involved.

After a few split seconds Minhyun took a deep breath and nodded before he started to pull on his brother’s hand and they left the house. Once they had left the house Minhyun let out a soft shriek of anger and he looked at his older brother.

“Why is she so, mean to Kihyun?” Minhyun groaned as both boys walked down the sidewalk carefully.

“Don’t worry about it Minhyun.” Kihyun “That’s how she has always been, besides she’s our mother, we need to just follow her orders.”

Shaking his head Minhyun dragged the bags on the floor “Something is wrong.” He whispered “What does she treat me nice and not Kihyun?”

“Because,” Kihyun answered “Minhyun is the best.” He smiled ruffling his little brother’s hair. “Now, lets go, or mom might get worried that we aren’t home.” Kihyun then dragged his little brother while Minhyun mumbled, “She is really mean. Why is she so mean? I don’t understand.”  

Hearing his younger brother mumble next to him made Kihyun smile. To Kihyun, Minhyun was all that he ever needed.  

Once at the store the two boys separated and they made their ways to get the things that were on the list and met up on the same spot before they headed on to pay. Kihyun being the oldest took the responsibility of making sure everything they needed was there and made sure that they had enough money to pay for it.

“You aren’t getting anything Min?” Kihyun asked his little brother once he had made sure they had enough money to pay for the stuff along with something that Minhyun might want.

Shaking his head Minhyun smiled at his brother. “I’m fine.”

After they had finished Kihyun and Minhyun went on ahead and headed outside of the store. As they walked Minhyun talked about what he disliked about his mother and what he disliked about the school they were in, as well as his future plans. Even when their mother did not treat them the same, Minhyun loved his older brother and both were really close to each other.

As they walked slowly the conversation started to die until there was nothing but silence. Minhyun looked over at his older brother and he cleared his throat gaining the attention of Kihyun. “What is it?” Kihyun asked.

“Kihyun,” Minhyun started “Are you happy?” He asked making Kihyun stop in his tracks.

Kihyun faced his younger brother before he smiled at him. “Of course.” He answered his little brother’s question. “Why would you ask that Min? Is everything okay?” He asked a little worried.

Minhyun stayed quiet for a while before he opened his mouth to speak. Wind slowly blew through the boys hair as the sun started to slowly set. Shivering Kihyun snuggled his face into his jacket as he heard what his brother had to say.

“Mom…” Minhyun paused. “Do you hate me?” He asked. “Mom always hits Kihyun and always calls him names.” Minhyun whispered. “Even when I do something wrong she always blames Kihyun, and she only hugs me and kisses me.”

Kihyun then got closer to his little brother, seeing his little brother sad made him sad so he tried his best in everything like staying positive in order to keep his brother from feeling any kind of pressure or sadness. Smiling Kihyun patted his brother head and shook his head.

“How can I hate you Min?” He asked. “Min makes me happy.” He said ruffling his brother’s hair. “Because of Min I can play and I don’t get hit anymore. I don’t hate Min, I love Min.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter