haki the lucky

A fan to love

Jongdae looked baffled for a moment. “You are fluent.” she made a hand move for him to shut up as they gave them mics and They fixed it in her pants. “You don’t want…” she fast pulled him away.

“They take more freedom to talk around me in Korean. You get to know a lot of things.” Haki said before smoothing his shirt which made him look down at her hands. “Come on.”

She walked ahead and he observed her smiling brightly to Elizabeth, partnered with Kyungsoo who looked at them and gave Jongdae a look. “You look like a couple who came back from arguing.”

Jongdae laughed at that and looked at Haki who blushed deeply trying to avoid the other’s eyes. “We are a couple tho.” Jongdae by holding her waist and pulling her close. Haki looked at him in shock. “Aren’t we?” She gave him a soft punch and he whined. “Ah why?”

It was loud enough to make Jun Myun glare at him. “Ah. Seriously, are you whining in a show?”

Jongdae laughed. “Sorry.”

The episode was fun, they had games to which Haki won mostly because she was fiercely trying to shove their comments back to their throat. Once they had to part, Jongdae approached her after they took off their mics and people got ready to leave “Can I have your Kakaotalk ID?”

She smiled and nodded, adding herself to his list of friends. “Here you go.” She stepped back. “Well, good bye.”

Jongdae shyly waved when he received a message. “Is there a reason why you took my ID?”

“No. I just wanted to.” he smiled to himself as he followed the members to the van. “Did you know that we can allow you girls to our dorm?”

“No! That’s risky. They will touch your things.” He sat by Minseok who leant to read. “Tell them you refuse.”

“Too late. Plus, there are security cameras all over the place. Except from the bathrooms.” Jongdae noticed Minseok and gave him a nudge. “Minseok Hyung said Hi.” Minseok gave him a scolding whine.

“DHDIWJDKDNDKHF HI.” her answer made him smile. “I am home! Teehee.”

“Lucky! We are heading to another schedule.” He sighed at that, as he felt tired when she sent him tons of shocked emojis.

“You are tired.” It made him jump a little. Did she notice? “ Ask Jun Myun to give you vitamins, they will give you a boost.”

“I will. By the way, you got beautiful eyes.” he sent her few heart emojis.

“If you say so again, I will throw the phone to the wall and break it.” her answer made the kim chuckle and Kyungsoo leaned to peak. “I don’t expect my idols to give me compliments. I will shower now. Talk to you later.”

Jongdae was about to lock down his phone after a soft “Ok” when Kyungsoo snatched the phone in shock.

“You gave her your ID?” Kyungsoo hissed in horror. “Are you an idiot?”

“Haki seems to be a great kid and I got no new add in kakaotalk so it is safe.” Kyungsoo shook his head disapprovingly. “Don’t worry, Soo yah.”

“But he is right.” Minseok added his contribution. “If they catch your ID in her phone, you are screwed.” Jongdae thought of it for a moment but hoped for the best. Thankfully, Haki lock her phone and her Kakaotalk with PIN codes. She was midway her shower when she sank in the bubble water, realizing how tired she was. She remembered how happy Jongdae was to be partnered with her and wondered if he knew it was already planned.

She picked the phone and took a picture in the middle of her bubbles, covering her body with it. She shared it in IG when she noticed that few new accounts followed her, including the official exo IG page. It made her private her account. Refusing to add anyone, she even considered deleting her pictures which she did after downloading them. She left the one in the bubble bath as it showed her eyes only.

But it was too late. Massive insults fell on her. Such as “Who is this fatty?” “Why would Exo follow the account of such ugly face?” “She look like a in the picture.” etc. It was suddenly too much and she just turned off the notifications. Ignoring the constant vibrations, people asking her to add them mostly, she focused on enjoying the feed.

She left the bath for her room, took off the IG app, and luckily her facebook had a Korean name on so it was hard to catch her. But she soon found pms, her phone was probably more overwhelmed than her because she ignored everything. It was meant to happen.

She slept few minutes after watching a funny video. The next morning, she realized she was famished as she didn’t eat for two days but she just ignored it with a bottle of water. She was glad that they told her no schedule for the girls before tomorrow so she lazed around, reading a fanfic. Around Lunch, she got the visit of Elizabeth who seemed overwhelmed. “What happened?”

“Nothing.” Elizabeth smiled. “Come and eat with us. You never show up at lunch.” Haki was about to talk but she nodded and followed Elizabeth, wearing a dress and a cardigan on sandals. It was cold outside but she didn’t truly mind. Elizabeth made her sit between them and noticed the irritation around her. “It seems I am not the only who got attacked virtually.”

“My facebook got hacked today. My IG is a mess.” A girl named Jessica from USA groaned in frustration. “What is wrong with these girls?”

“They are angry.” Haki spoke normally. “They consider us undeserving the right to be recognized by EXO officiel page.” She eyed two girls who gave her a dirty look. “Same as you all did to me. So I don’t think you got the right to criticize them. You felt just the same.”

“Listen…”

“I am not arguing or discussing with anyone.” Haki suddenly roared. “I had kept my mouth shut because I understand your feelings and I wish you can bear with it the same way.” Haki poked the food as she realized that she was as much affected as they were but only sooner. She couldn’t eat despite her hunger so it meant she was affected. She felt a hand on her back.

“Why aren’t you eating?” She looked at Elizabeth who seemed worried more. “Eat, please. You look paler than yesterday.” Haki nodded and tried to eat but it felt so heavy in her tongue. Why was she that affected? Why?

Her phone gave her a loud kakaotalk notification and she picked it to check. “I kept waiting for you to finish that shower.” he sent her pouts emojis. Like... Kim Jongdae sent her pouts… her reaction was epic.

“I slept after the shower. I am with the girls eating lunch.” She texted back. “Did you eat lunch?” the food was long forgotten as he sent her a picture of his lunch. “Woah it looks tasty.” it was actually chicken take outs but she cared less. She took a picture of the plate she had. “Here my food.”

“It seems untouched.” He commented then sent her frowns. “Eat well. I don’t want a sick partner.”

She realized suddenly that he spoke to her as if she was younger than him and smiled. “Do you know how old I am?”

“Didn’t you say you were 20?” the question made her laugh hard, so hard that she actually did bite her lips.

“I am 30 in korean age.” the reaction was massive. Jongdae sent tons of shocked emoticons.

“What? Are you real? You look way younger.”

“Don’t tell a soul tho. Keep it for yourself.” He sent a picture of him thumbing up then a shushing one. It was cute. “I am serious.”

“So, am I. I am gladly alone so I have nothing to explain to anyone.” He sent her few thumbs up emojis. “Gotta go work.”

She sent him a smiling fighting emoji and leaned back smiling to the ears. “You were chatting with your boyfriend? You are glowing.” Haki had no explanation so she nodded.

“He is such a tease.” She mumbled before focusing on her plate. “I should eat this or I will be scolded by his majesty for skipping lunch for the third day.”

“It must be what turned you so fat.” the thai Actress spoke as she was slowly chewing. “Skipping meals is body degrading. You should eat often for your metabolism.” although the advice was serious, Haki didn’t like the masked insult.

“I will work on your advice.Thank you.” She genuinely not genuinely spoke and smiled brightly to the girls who smiled back. “By the way, I recommend you to ignore the social network unless for emergencies and close people.”

She tried to eat but she didn’t and left the table with a half full plat. She headed to the pool where she noticed the gym. She headed to her room, changed on her sportswear and headed to the gym where she spent few hours practicing. She soon noticed Natalie working next to her, wearing tighter clothes and showing her defined body. It made Haki feel upset and she worked out again. She was hurt everywhere but she tried to workout again. She overworked herself but felt satisfied enough to go shower and sleep if Jongdae didn’t text her. “I am tired.”

“I am sorry.” Haki sent him. “I wish I can help.”

Haki received a cute pouty pose. “Don’t be sorry, Noona. We are almost done with today’s schedule.”

She took pain killers and got a hot bath in which she remained until the water turned cold. The next morning, she woke up dizzy. She had slept as soon as she left the bath, with an empty stomach. She took pain killers and water before dashing down.

She walked on the treadmill for what seemed hours until her dizziness took the best of her. She walked straight to the restaurant, as it was the lunch break. “Hi guys.” She weakly said before almost falling up her chair. She did eat a little that day but mostly veggies and fruits. Her bowl of rice was untouched. Elizabeth wasn’t the only one giving her a worried look.

She got a text from Jongdae. “Minseok hyung showed me your picture in the bathtub. You look so delicious.”

Haki blushed. “Stop teasing.” She sent him a pouting picture of her and he sent her heart emojis back.

“So cute.” Haki left the table laughing and headed to the gym, her lunch long forgotten. She walked on the treadmill when she got called to head back. An episode was to be recorded today.

She rushed to shower and change before joining the girls in the van. “Here.” A girl handed her a yogurt. “You need some energy.” Haki politely accepted it and sipped from it.

The recording was in an abandoned school and the girls groaned in frustration. Haki was probably the only one who said nothing in the van. But at least it explained why they got no hair or makeup done.

She stepped out first and noticed Jongdae and Minseok cheering. “Noona!” Haki laughed at the cute call and walked toward them.

“You had a break before we show up?” She asked him after they exchanged bows, surprising the people who heard her talking in Korean while Jongdae hummed cutely.

“I slept on the van.” Jongdae helped the girl on putting the mic on Haki, accidentally touching her skin. It made her shiver and she blushed madly. “Plus, we got no schedule after this one.” Haki just smiled to him and fixed his bennie.

“Let’s go.” She held his hand and pulled him to the other members of EXO who were discussing the classment of people getting in the haunted house mission.

“We should start by Minseok. He is the eldest.” Jongin suggested and Minseok looked at Jongdae and Haki who exchanged a smile. They argued a little more when Kyungsoo stepped in.

“Let us decide in a paper scissor rock game.” in that Jun Myun was first to go in and seemed so scared, embarrassed. The girl with him seemed so scared too.

“What is so scary about an abandoned school anyway?” Haki asked Jongdae who chuckled while the Exo members who didn’t hear her speak looked at her as shocked as the filming team. “Oops.”

“You don’t have an accent.” Chanyeol commented. Natalie eyed her suspiciously.

Haki laughed. “I studied Korean for seven years.” She looked over Jongdae who was googling her. “I mostly learned via music and stop looking at me like this, you weirdo.”

Jongdae whined to her. “Ah Noona!”

“Noona?” Sehun and Jongin were the one to ask while Kyungsoo eyed her with big shocked eyes. “I thought you were younger. I didn’t hear her age well.” He looked at Baekhyun who had Jun Myun’s MC cards.

“Woah. She is 30.” Baekhyun looked up with a clear envious face.

“Why is he lucky?”

“Our birthday are like a week apart too.” Haki added. “I am lucky.” She beamed and Chanyeol did when they heard screams. The girls flinched. “Is that the girl or is it Jun Myun?” She looked at Jongdae who gave her an evasive shrug.

Jun Myun showed up, breathless with the girl behind him, sobbing. “We couldn’t finish the mission they hand us inside.”

“They give us missions?”  the question echoed and Jun Myun nodded.

“Inside they got like five rolls, each with a mission. Now next, Chanyeol and Sheilla.”

They cheered for the couple and the others sat lazily eating snacks. Haki didn’t expect them to hand her some but they did and she played with packaging when Jongdae handed her his open one. “take a treat.”

She shook her head. “You got a lot to recover, since you got less sleep and a lot of stress.”

“Still. Dinner will be served after the show and that would be like in an hour.” She smiled at that and allowed him to feed her a candy. She handed him her unopened snack and fed him most of it. Jongdae was nearly oblivious. “Are you ok?”

She nodded. He held her hand and she looked at his worried eyes. “I am. Really.” He slowly nodded but still remained worried.

Their turn was next and they got in while holding hands which made Jun Myun scold them. “Don’t hold hands in public. God…”

Jongdae just ignored him and looked at Haki. “Ready?” She nodded and they got in to find a basket of paper rolls. “Choose one Noona.”

She picked one. “Get to the second level, class 3-A and solve the riddle. You got three minutes or one of you will disappear.”

“That is a short amount of time. Let us go.” they ran up the stairs until the first level where they met a little gory looking girl who startled Haki. The girl held on Jongdae who led her to the stairs. They ran to the class where a riddle was written in English on a board.

“if 5+6 = 11 but 6+7 =1 Then what I am?” She said so in Korean.

Jongdae fast answered “A clock?” she wrote that on the board and soon they heard a school bell ringing behind them. As Haki rushed to Jongdae, the man disappeared in a sudden thick smoke they didn’t notice forming.

“Your answer is right but the time was out. As a punishment, go to the principal room in the first level and answer the question.” the speakers said suddenly and Haki dashed without thinking. She actually tripped and rolled on the stairs until the first level. The principal office was just few steps ahead but her brain was so in pain to actually notice. She felt a hand pull her up but she was alone and she walked ahead without much thinking. In the principal's office a paper roll was on the office and she opened it

“What color was Chen wearing when you first met him?” her mind went blank. She couldn’t recall because her mind was in pain. Someone hissed Orange and she wrote it down. She looked back to see who helped her but saw a shadow walk out. “Jongdae! Jongdae?”

Sadly for her, she fainted before she could see whoever helped her.