Bonus Chapter

An Angel's Birthday
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Love, do you think he’d like the toy train over the robot? I think he’d prefer the robot,”

“Whatever you think is best,”

The man stares seriously at the two toys in his hands before grinning at the cashier. “I’d take them both,”

You shook your head at him with an exhausted smile. “Oh, Jongdae,”

 

It’s finally that time of the year, Christmas—and almost the day of the angel’s little angel! The angel’s angel’s birthday!

 

After all these years, you’ve never thought that Jongdae was a very imaginative person, until the little one is to be born. The questions started out normal, but soon it escalated into pure excitement.

 

“Do you think it’d be a boy or a girl?”

“Do you think it’d have black hair or brown hair?”

“Does it kick often?”

“Does it recognize my voice?”

“Do you think the baby would like fruits? I liked fruits as a child,”

“Would it prefer Winnie the Pooh over Mickey Mouse? Or if it’s a girl, would she prefer Hello Kitty over My Melody?”

“Do you think it’d have lisps?”

 

If the baby could sigh, you’d tell him. Then, your nightmare happened.

 

“Okay, Da Hye. There’s only two days until the ultimate day. If you need anything, just call me, okay?”

“For the tenth time, Jongdae…” you face palmed. “Yes, I will. Now, go to work!”

“Don’t worry! I’ll be home as soon as possible, and then I’d take us to the hospital!”

“Oh, believe me, I’m as cool as a cucumber,” she mumbled to herself.

 

To be honest, you love Jongdae, but you can’t stand him bombarding you with questions and stuffs like this all day—and he’s been like this for one week. You pat your tummy before sighing, “Baby, you better come out soon and give your mom a break from your—“

 

“I’m leaving, Da Hye! I’m walking to the door! I’m so close to the exit! My foot is out!”

You stared at him with a poker face before pointing sternly at the door, wordlessly ordering the man to leave already.

“Bye, honey!” he wheezed with his head popped from the door before he finally took his leave—of course it needed an extra push from that pillow you threw on his face.

 

===

 

“Jongdae,” Baekhyun pinched the bridge of his nose as he looked away from the man pacing back and forth in the hospital room. “Calm. The fudge. Down.”

“I can’t! The baby’s going to come out any minute now!” Jongdae hopped a little as he spoke before running back to you. “Baby, how are you feeling—is it going to come out yet? Can you feel it contracting?”

“Well, I am feeling something,” your eyes were almost planted on your phone. “I am feeling like kicking you out of my room,”

“Aw, honey~” the man whined, which never failed to bring a smile on your face. “I’m just worried!”

“You’re bringing too much stress to the Da Hye, Jong,” Junmyeon grabbed Jongdae from his shoulders before pulling him away from you.

Jongin nods, “Yeah, what if the baby never comes out because of you?”

“That can’t be good!” Jongdae whipped his head around and his face was plastered with sheer worry. “I want to see him right now!”

“AH!” you screamed.

“WHAT? WHAT HAPPENED? I’M HERE—“ Jongdae scrambled back to you like a man hauled by a bulldozer.

“No, I just lost my game!” you showed him your phone with a sad expression.

The others gave you a flat, disappointed expression, while Jongdae stared at you with his lips shut tight, all the colour lost from his face before he took the phone away from you with ease.  “No more phone for you, missy,”

 

====

 

Jongdae stared worriedly as the love of his life took deep breaths, a pained expression clear on your face.

 

“I

Please log in to read the full chapter