you're my lover, not my rival

in love with you (all summer and after fall)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: Sometimes, Baekhyun forgets that Yixing is his boyfriend first, and rival second. Also, they both think that maybe it's time for a career change for Baekhyun.

~~~

Baekhyun stared at the screen, eyebrows scrunched up in deep concentration. He scrolled fast, skimming through all the info that was presented right in front of him. Every now and then, he’d look at the door to see if his boyfriend had come along and sigh in relief when he didn’t. Thank God.

“Baby… What are you doing at my computer?” Yixing stood at his doorway, frowning slightly as his boyfriend turned around frantically. .

“Nothing, babe,” Baekhyun smiled sheepishly, closing the document as quickly as he could and facing Yixing. He propped himself up on his elbow, and sent Yixing his sweetest smile, hoping the latter wouldn’t probe him further. It wasn’t the first time Yixing caught him at his computer, and Baekhyun hoped it would be the last time.

“Were you looking at my writing again?” Yixing shot him an accusing look. Baekhyun sighed, looking down at his lap. “I can’t help it! It’s just… You write so well and I just wanted to know how you were going to write this piece. I wasn’t going to copy or anything, I swear,” Baekhyun sniffled. He wasn’t proud of himself for always sneaking a peek at his boyfriend-slash-rival’s works, but he just really wanted to see Yixing’s first drafts and thought process so he could somewhat improve.

Yixing looked at him wordlessly before walking towards him and taking his boyfriend into his arms. “It’s okay, Baek,” Yixing soothed, gently rubbing Baekhyun’s back. Baekhyun whined softly, burying his head into the crook of his lover’s neck.

“Graduation is nearing and this stupid article isn’t helping,” Baekhyun murmured. He looked up at Yixing, pouting as he asked, “Can I pleaseeee see your past drafts so I can feel better about myself?” Yixing smiled widely, his dimple showing.

“All you had to do was ask instead of snoop around, Baek. Of course you can,” he replied, ruffling Baekhyun’s hair as he let go of him. “Come on, let me show you.”

 

~~~

 

Baekhyun guffawed at Yixing’s old works. “Oh my god, how did you get hired with this standard of writing?” Yixing laughed along, shaking his head. “I don’t know, I guess I was lucky enough to find someone who saw the potential in me, I guess. Not everyone is polished from the start, Baek. It takes time.”

Baekhyun leaned on Yixing’s shoulder, reading snippets of his writings as Yixing scrolled. He hummed, “I think it might have been your impeccable taste in music that got them.”

Yixing rolled his eyes. “Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but thanks,” he said, pulling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter