Six

Cut the Dead Weight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Date: July 30th, 2017
 

When he had seen the three young males knocking on Son Nari’s door, looking weary and full backpacks on their back, he couldn’t help but think that she shouldn’t let them in. But of course, she does with a smile, and she doesn’t hesitate to extend that smile to Namjoon, who doesn’t bother to return it. He didn’t like her because she stole hospital equipment when the hospital clearly needed it.


But it was late, and three capable men could easily loot her apartment, even if two of them had tried already and had visibly given up. It just wasn’t logical.


But Son Nari’s business is not his business, and he fetches the mail, looking through the bills and the advertisements and pretending to be more of an adult than that of how he feels.


Adult. That word implied that he had his life together and his world together and it was a ty implication. In reality, he had neither of those two together and bumbled day-to-day, occasionally breaking things both physically and mentally.


He glances up before taking the stairs back to the apartment. The sky was cloudy and almost black. Stars couldn’t be seen in Seoul, and that was a shame.


Namjoon jabs the key into the lock, frowning and jiggling it until it opens. He’d had to tell Yoongi about it. When he was awake and alive. The poor guy had just finished a twelve hour shift, and he sits in the kitchen, chowing down on his food.


Yawning, Namjoon opens up his own laptop, and the two sit in silence at the table.


BANG. BANG.


He looks up, furrowing his eyebrows at the door.


BANG. “It’s your neighbor, open up!”


Surprisingly, Yoongi’s the one that gets up, swinging the door open with a terse, “What?”


Son Nari’s eyes are full of panic, and she’s practically incoherent, “You have to grab your bag and come with me—”


“We don’t have to go anywhere,” Yoongi looks confused, but oddly enough, he hears her out. “Would you like to come in and explain?”


“There’s no time for that!” Her voice rises in volume, making Yoongi grimace. “We have to…we have to…”


“We have to what?”


“We have to go. Seoul is going to be bombed in fifteen minutes.”


“That’s highly improbable,” Namjoon frowns, getting up from the table. “The fighting isn’t near Seoul.”


Jimin steps out from behind Nari, face grim, “It doesn’t make sense, but what if she’s right? What do we have to lose?”


Yoongi turns, eyes flashing towards Namjoon, “You call Jin and Hoseok, I’ll grab us some bags.”


Namjoon couldn’t believe that Yoongi believed her at all, but Namjoon sighs, dialing a number on his phone. Jin picks up almost immediately, and Namjoon cuts him off, “Whatever you’re doing, come down to our apartment. Bring a bag of spare clothes and food, and a flashlight if you have one.”


“Namjoon, what’s going on—”


The panic must be getting to him, and he grits his teeth, forcing himself to breathe. “Just some precautionary measures. Be down as soon as possible. It might be an emergency.”


He hangs up, not giving Jin the ability to protest, knowing that Jin would drag Hoseok out as soon as possible with that kind of tone.


And sure enough, barely four minutes later, Jin and Hoseok appear—the latter holding a squirming dog in his arms—at the door looking disgruntled and full of questions, and Nari turns back to the younger three boys standing in between the two apartments.


“Ready to go?”


The three of them nod, and Namjoon can only wonder what kind of ideas that she’s pumped into their heads, but Namjoon takes the bag that Yoongi had packed seconds earlier, following the group out the door.


The outside air is quiet, and he can only hope that she’s horribly wrong. The eight of the bound down the steps, following the girl who’s watching to see if anyone is following her. Deciding it was safe, she enters the main concierge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter