Hang over

Rainbows at night

Fern jolted awake gasping for air, she felt terrified but she didn't know what off. Her head was pounding and she still felt groggy. She turned toward her cat Minzy who lay beside her on the bed. Minzy turned her head to Fern and Fern was sure she saw a flash of brght green illuminate the cat's eyes. 

Fern at this stage decided that she definitely had not gotten enough sleep. She glanced at her clock and was glad to see she had a few hours until she had to get up for school. She rolled over in the bed and snuggled under her blanket.

She closed her eyes and tried to zone out the banging in her head as she drifted off to sleep again.

***

Jackson yawned as he shut the enclosure gate and made sure the lock was closed. He looked into the enclosure where two gorgeous tigers were enjoying the meal he just left them. His own stomach grumbled as he walked away from the enclosure with a smile on his face.

Even though he was hungry and tired the thought that he was able to make two other creatures content warmed his insides.

He made his way to the changing rooms and got out of his zookeeper uniform. He passed his manager on the way out of the changing rooms.

"Thanks again Jackson for working the extra shift"

"No bother boss, I'm glad I could help"

This brought a smile to the old man's face.

"It's not often you find such hard working men around anymore, we're lucky to have you"

"Thank you" Jackson said as he laughed politely.

His manager patted Jackson on the back as he walked into the changing room leaving Jackson on his own.

The sun was beginning to set and Jackson's lovely Sunday was coming to an end.

He was pretty sure he knew what was coming next.

As if on que Jackson's phone began to vibrate in his back pocket, he took it out and looked at the caller ID.

It was his leader JB

"Yes" Jackson enquires listlessly

"Woah, who the life out of you?"

"Just a double shift at the zoo, I'll be fine once I get some rest"

"Sorry to break it to you but I doubt you'll be getting much tonight"

"Ugh do we have another mission?"

"Fraid so, the Akin are up to someting and we ought to check it out"

"I wish they'd just stay quiet"

"Me too Jackson me too, I'll see you back here in ten?"

"Yep i'm on my way now"

Jackson ends the call and puts his phone back into his pocket. He was always busy but he didn't mind because he got to spend time with some amazing people and animals alike.

Jackson found the nearest bathroom where he could travel without being caught. He entered an empty cubicle and locked the door

He twisted the blue jem on his silver ring and aimed it at the wall. There's a small flash of light and a mess of bright colours  begin to swirl on the walll behind the toilet.

It's the portal dragons use to go from this world to their own. No humans can travel through. The journey between realms is too harsh on the human body and so they don't survive it. 

It's been tried and tested.

Jackson pushes these depresing thoughts to the back of his mind as he stands up on the toilet seat. He walks straight into the wall, and travels through to the realm of dragons.

Jackson is well used to the journey and takes in the sight before him.

There were miles upon miles of lush green forest. He could hear the birds singing and the multiple little animals hiding in the forest. He stood at the great oak tree, the oldest tree in the forest.

He was home.

The world he stood at the brink of was called Firestorm, the world of dragons and the district within which he was living at the moment was called Sharp wing, the equivelant of South Korea

To his mind it was the most beautiful district of all, even though he was originally from the district of Blue flame or China

Jackson began walking to the mansion in the woods where he lived. He loved the old Georgian style house not just because of its architecture but because of who lived there.

His thunder or in other words his family of friends G7, they were the people that brightened up his day and who he would die for. 

Jackson walked beneath the branches of the trees and he began to think about everything that was going on in his crazy world at the moment.

The Akin were on the move and were obviously planning something they just didn't quite know what. Jackson just wanted humans and dragons to live in peace but there was no such luck.

The Akin were a group of people that know about dragons and loath them. They go out of their way to make things hard for dragons, they had not yet attacked so all G7 were doing was monitoring them

Jackson knew he was nearing the house when he came to the flowering bridge

Jackson strolled over the small wooden bridge and blue snapdragons bloomed as he passed over it. It  revealed the stone mansion within which his friends were waiting for him.

With renewed energy Jackson strode up to the house, he did not falter when he heard a high pitched scream but continued on until he reached the huge wooden door.

When Jackson opened the door he saw Bambam, who had been the source of the scream, staring daggers at Youngjae.

"What the actual hell man?" Bambam screamed

"Hey I'm sorry Bambam I didn't mean to do it" Protested Youngjae.

Bambam was holding his white ring in his hand and it was looking a little worse for ware.

"We got these from the god dam elders youngjae, what do you expect me to tell them when I can't travel to Earth anymore, "oh one of my friends decided to put it in the blender" That won't cut it man"

Youngjae was at a loss for words, he'd never seen Bambam this angry and didn't know how to react.

Jackson knew Youngjae was struggling and that if he didn't step in soon he'd be the next thing in the blender

Jackson walked into the old styled kitchen and stood between the two.

"Woah bammie chill I'm sure we can sort it, do you mind telling me what happened first?" Jackson asked calmly

"This idiot..."

"I'm not an idiot Bambam" Youngjae interjected .

The mood had changed and now Bambam was stunned into silence.

It was Youngjae's turn to be angry, even Jackson was surprised

"Don't you see that your not the only one at a disadvantage here?"

Bambam tilted his head in confusion and clutched his ring to his chest

By now everyone had heard the curfufel and were in the kitchen watching the show. JB had an amused look on his face while Jinyoung was worried.

"Your ring totally messed up my smoothie so if your ring didn't look like my peaches none of this would have happened!"

"Your.. your giving out about the colour of my ring...my ring?"

Jackson couldn't help it and burst out laughing

"God you two are such idiots" Jackson breaths out

"Hey!" they say in unison

The tension dispersed as they ganged up on Jackson, Jackson put his hands up and he backed away.

"Yo chill guys, just a second ago I was keeping ye from killing eachother"

Everyone knew the fight was over and Jinyoung was glad there were no casualties

"Just be more careful next time, the both of you" Jinyoung added

"Yes Mom" Bambam and Youngjae said together.

Jinyoungs look of worry changed to one of anger

"You better run" He said quietly

The two exchanged glances before running away from Jinyoung's wrath.

Everyone broke out laughing as Jinyoung started to chase the two delinquints around the house.

As soon as the three of them were out of sight Jackson's stomach began to grumble

Jackson turned towrd JB with the biggest puppy dog eyes he could muster

"Oppa....."

Before Jackson could finish his sentence JB threw a packet of crisps at his face, Jackson caught it before it hit its target and ripped open the packet.

He didn't have time to say thank you as he shoved the food into his mouth.

JB just watches him in amusment "So this is why you were so tired earlier"

Jackson nods in agreement as he continues to stuff his face

"You know how he gets when he's hungry" Mark says with a quite laugh

"Your just as bad your highness" Yugeom pipes up

Mark's face changes as he turns slowly toward yugeom

"What did you say Maknae"

Yugeom knew he was dead meat due to the emphasis on the word maknae. He legged it out of the kitchen with Mark hot on his heals.

"So do you mind telling me what the mission is because I don't feel like running after anyone today"

***

JB had managed to convince Jinyoung and Mark to torture the younger ones later and everyone was now gathered outside JB's door. Of course Jackson and JB were the only ones not out of breath. But dragons were strong creatures and soon everyone was breathing normaly.

JB opened a dial with different colours on it outside his bedroom as Bambam continued to complain about his ring to yugeom. Only JB, Mark and the elders knew what each colour meant. Jackson knew that purple was for JB's actual bedroom and navy was for the misssion room.

JB twisted the dial to navy and there was a loud sound of multiple clogs turning and clanging against eachother. As soon as the sound stopped JB opened the door.

Jackson knew things were about to get serious , even Bambam realised this as he soon shut up about his ring.

In the center of the big oval room was an old wooden table with a faded map of Firestorm painted on it, it was a truly magnificent piece of artwork.

Old 18th century chairs surrounded the table while sheets of thick metal covered the windows encircling the room. It was an odd clash of old and new and it brought back some of Jackson's worse memories.

To be honest he hated this room. To him it represented all the cruel things that G7 had done and how they were so easily able to cover it up and keep on living. Sometimes Jackson found it hard to pretend all the time. 

Jackson had been so caught up in thought he didn't realise everyone was seated and JB had already started talking.

"My sources tell me that the Akin are having another big meeting tonight in central seoul" JB was talking in his serious voice which meant he demanded everyones attention

"We don't know exactly what they are up to but it is definitely not in favour of the dragons"

Everyone nods in agreement, apart from yugeom whose mind seems to be elsewhere. Jackson decided he'd ask him about it later but for now they had a job to do.

"Ok everyone get into your fighting gear just incase but don't bring any weapons, all we are doing is collecting info, no fighting. Everyone got that?"

"Yes sir"

This time there was no chasing people around as that was the response JB was looking for.

Everyone moved into the equipment room which was connected to the oval room by a small corridor.

Inside was an array of high tech weaponary that everyone was highly trained in using. Everything from pen knives to riffels. They disgusted Jackson but he couldn't let it show.

At the back of the room was a rack filled with protective leather clothing. It had been spelled by the elders to protect G7 in both worlds.

Everyone swiftly got changed without embarrassment, they had grown up together and at some stage or another had seen eachother .

5 minutes later they all gathered in the foyer.

Yugeom was complaining that his looked big in the skin tight armour while Bambam just laughed.

JB had a picture of a rundown ware house in central seoul in his grasp which he showed to everyone.

"This is where we will be travelling to, everyone got that?"

"Yes boss"

"Am JB....."

"Yes Bambam" JB said patiently

"I don't think my ring is working properly, it feels...wrong"

Even thought the kid was only young he still had a great intuition when it came to dragon magic meaning JB was actually concerned

"Oh ya I forgot about that, give it a try Bambam and see if it opens the portal"

Bambam aimed the ring at the door and twisted the white gem a top it.....nothing happened

"" everyone said in unison

Youngjae felt even worse now.

"I'm so sorry guys I didn't mean for this to happen"

"It's ok Youngjae" JB said reassuringly

God JB was such a good leader Jackson really admired him

"We'll just have to do a mass portal jump" Mark inputs

"It'll take longer but I've seen it work before" Jinyoung agrees

"Ok so everybody  apart from Bambam on the count of three" JB orders

"1, 2, 3"

Everyone aims their ring at the door and twists thier respective gems.

There was a massive flash of light and the swirl of colours appeared on the door but a lot bigger than usual. It was extraordinary and everyone was taken aback by it.

 "Go go go" JB called out

They all moved toward the mess of colour together and vanished, leaving the massive house empty.

***

A/N: Hey I'm sorry to be hitting ye with all this information but I had to get it in, next chapter i will be revealing what happened to Fern when she fell off her balcony. It's just more proof that you should't drink if you know you can't take it. But Fern is a reckless girl. Please let me know what you think of it in the comments so far, cuz I need it for my self esteem haha byeeeeeee

LOve Nero1t xxxx