Chapter 8 : Weird Happenings

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark stood up and walked towards them.

 

 

“Hyung! You’re a─” Donghyuck wasn’t able to continue what he was about to say when Mark suddenly wrapped him in a tight hug, making the younger’s eyes widen in shock. Mark is hugging him. He doesn’t know why, but it made Donghyuck’s heart skip a beat.

 

 

=//=

 

 

“─wake… W-w-what’s wrong, Hyung” Donghyuck stuttered nervously, trying to calm down his raging heartbeat.

 

 

Mark’s head is rested on the younger’s shoulder when he blinked 3 times, realizing what he’s doing. He pulled away quickly and scratched his nape. He doesn’t know what to say. He also doesn’t know why he did that. He just saw Donghyuck smiling at him after that long sleep and had a sudden urge to hug the younger. Everybody in the room was confused of what just happened, but Mark’s mother can’t help herself from smiling, a gush of memories from the past is flowing in her head as she watched the scene.

 

 

“Oh! I-I thought you’re Jaemin. Sorry my vision is kinda blurry right now.” Mark said coldly, his eyes can’t look straight at the younger already.

 

 

“Brother!!” He turned to Jaemin and they began to do a mini celebration together by jumping while hugging each other. Donghyuck just sighed and pressed his palms against his heated cheeks as he greeted Mark’s mom.

 

 

Mark’s fever had gone down already, so he can now go back home. Before they went home, Mark’s mother talked to Jaemin and Donghyuck to not mention anything to Mark about what the doctor said to them. She thinks it would be best if Mark will recover those memories on his own without forcing any information that would pressure him and would lead to false memories. "I'll tell him everything when he's ready, don't worry." she said. Mark's mother also asked them to support Mark and guide him if ever his headaches will occur again, but she assured them that the doctor said that it would occur less now because he’s brain activity is already adapting and coping up. That made Donghyuck giddy for a second which left Jaemin puzzled a little.

 

 

Mark’s mother dropped Jaemin first to his house before finally driving Donghyuck and Mark home to their suite.

 

 

“Mom, can’t you stay for just one night, please.” Mark pouted at his mother, gently tugging her arm.

 

 

“Aigoo, but your father needs me home, Sweetie. He’s been doing all the work there alone since yesterday.” His mother chuckled as she caresses and pinches his son’s cheeks, ruffling his ramen hair. “You’re now a big boy, yet you still cling too much. Tsk.”

 

 

“Well, only to you because you’re my mother!”

 

 

“As I remembered, I was not the only one tho” Mark’s mother chuckled as she tried teasing his son.

 

 

“Mwoya? Please mom. I need you here” Mark gritted his teeth as he spoke, trying to soften his voice, so that the younger won’t hear him, but of course, he failed. Donghyuck is just watching them by the door. He tried his best not to laugh at Mark who’s being such a baby, but maybe one thing that hasn’t change in Mark is his clinginess towards his Mom.

 

 

“Trust me, Sweetie, you don’t. I gotta go now it’s still a long ride back home, not considering the flow of traffic. You be a good boy and take care always, okay? Be good to Hyuckie, too.” Mark is still in his pouting face as his Mom kisses his forehead.

 

 

“Hyuckie, please take care, okay? Call me if Mark is being rude, besides, you already have my number.” Donghyuck just laughed at Mark’s mom’s remark, and just bowed and waved back at her. She closes the door as she leaves the 2 boys fall in an awkward silence.

 

 

“I-I’m tired. I’m going to bed.” Mark cleared his throat and walked towards his room, not sparing a glance at the younger.

 

 

“Goodnight, Hyung! Sweet Dreams!” Donghyuck managed to say before Mark closes his door. The younger was left sighing to himself outside. Mark sure is a hard wall to break, a hard door to open, and a hard shell to crack, well in Donghyuck’s thoughts.

 

 

“Goodnight too, Hyuckie. Sweet Dreams.” The younger replied to his own greeting, hugging himself and patting himself on the head, before walking towards his room.

 

 

 

=//=

 

 

 

It is morning again, and Mark woke up ahead of his alarm clock. He had slept for almost 20 hours in the hospital, and that’s more than enough for him. He opens his door and the scent of vanilla spilled in and filled his nose. He went to the kitchen and saw Donghyuck dancing and singing to Michael Jackson’s Billie Jean, using the end of the spatula, that he is holding, as a microphone. The younger is so immersed in singing that he didn’t noticed the presence of the older who is squinting his eyes, checking if Donghyuck is even being real.

 

 

 

“Uh what are you doing?” Mark finally said, startling the younger who had his grip tight on the kitchen counters as he faced Mark.

 

 

 

“Holy Mother of the Sun! Oh H-hyung, you’re awake. Hehe. Uhmm aah Cooking Pancakes?” Donghyuck just grinned at him sheepishly, opening the lid of the pan, showing to the older the pancakes that are cooking inside.

 

 

 

“Billie Jean is not your lover, huh?” Mark liked that song. Michael Jackson is his king. He even starved himself for days just to buy that limited edition figurine of MJ that Donghyuck just broked the moment he came here. Donghyuck just chuckled in embarrassment because of what Mark had just witnessed. They fell into an awkward silence until Mark walked towards the bathroom and Donghyuck on the other hand turned back to flip the pancakes that he is cooking.

 

 

 

“Hyung! What would you prefer? Strawberries? Blueberries? Or Banana?” The younger called out to Mark.

 

 

 

“Watermelon.” Mark shouted back.

 

 

 

“Aigooo~ He really does loves his watermelon. Tsk. Lucky Watermelon.” Donghyuck sighed to himself as he plates the pancakes properly and prepared Mark’s watermelon.

 

 

 

When Mark came back all freshened up from his bath, they ate breakfast quietly. Mark was making loud slurping sounds as he ate his watermelon while Donghyuck, on the other hand, was just stealing glances at his hyung as they eat.

 

 

 

=//=

 

 

 

 

It was another ordinary day for Mark. He’s a good student and listens well to the professor, unlike his bestfriend who’s dozing off to sleep by his side. It was a good thing that they’re seated at the back, so the professor can’t see that Jaemin is already sleeping on his lecture. The topic is Literature, so Mark is pretty interested on it. After a few moments the class ended and they were waiting for their next professor when he felt the need to go to the toilet.

 

 

Mark was walking in the corridor towards the toilet when he sees Yuta also walking towards him, wearing his mischievous smile. He readies himself for a quick session of bullying from him, maybe he’ll hit him on the arm, or again for being such a nerd and loner, but surprisingly, the smile on Yuta’s face was wiped out, like he just saw a ghost or something and he continued walking pass Mark without even laying a finger on him. Mark just bowed at the older as he passes by, seemingly confused of Yuta’s actions.

 

 

Mark was alone in the toilet so he decided to take his piss on the urinal. He usually does his business inside the cubicles whenever there are a lot of people inside the toilet because he gets uncomfortable around them easily. In the middle of doing his business, a person came in beside him which made his awkward particles came gushing out of him out of nowhere because of the sudden discomfort he felt.

 

 

“Hi Hyung!” The person beside him spoke.

 

 

“D-donghyuck?!” Mark was so startled that he almost forgot what they’re currently doing, and the younger just laughed at him.

 

 

“Omo! Relax, Bro. You’re not a garden sprinkler, are you?” Mark cursed under his breath and rolled his eyes.

 

 

“J-just leave me alone, okay? Just pretend that I don’t exist, that’s more relaxing for me.” Mark said in a gentle tone. He fixed his pants when he was done, and immediately left the toilet without even turning back. Mark hurriedly went back to his classroom because it would be Language class next. He like the subject because he tops it often, but the teacher is just so strict and scary that you really have be fully prepared before her class. Just in time when Mark made his way to his seat, the professor came in. Mark smacked the sleeping Jaemin awake on the back who then wiped the drool on his face and straightened up on his seat, yawning.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter