dreizehn

Herzschmerz
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13. dreizehn

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun was sitting on the couch when his wife emerged from their room, coming to him with such a suspicious smile playing on her lips. She has just finished arranging her things as they moved in to a new place yesterday. After living together for almost three months, Sehun told his wife that he wanted a house. And after discussing and talking in details with the wife, they decided to find a house. They have been going around to find the most comfortable place to live together for a while. It took a bit long for them to find a newly built house, located around half an hour from Sehun’s workplace. They didn’t want to rush because they want to select a really good one. Haneul fell in love immediately when she saw the all-white polished house with small garden around. When Sehun saw the look in her eyes, he knew right away that they were going to take that one.

She hide something behind her back as she settled herself on the couch beside Sehun.

“What is it, Cupcake?”

The girl shook her head but the smile never left her face.

“I’ve been wanting to ask you this since the first time I found it in your room.”

The man quirked his eyebrows wondering what did she find inside his room. “What is it?”

“Have you been a fan? It was a long time ago, you know, this book?” Haneul showed him the book she found sometimes ago. Her book, with her signature attached with a sweet message on the front page. Sehun’s face went red as he tried to take the book from her, but she avoided his hand. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Tell you what? It’s my favourite author. Do you like her too?” Sehun asked dumbly, but Haneul didn’t buy it and just rolled her eyes. But she decided to play along if Sehun wanted to play.

“She’s really amazing, right?” She asked him playfully as she turned the pages open. “Don’t forget to smile. Ouh, she must thought that you frowned a lot, didn’t she? And a small smiley after the sentence? I don’t think she’s one to give a smiley like this I’m so jealous.”

Sehun just suddenly caught her in his arms, caging her who was laughing, trying to get the book from her hands. “Give the book back to me you, Burnt Cupcake.” And Haneul suddenly stopped laughing.

“What did you just call me?”

“Burnt cupcake.”

“Stupid, I’m not giving this back to you.”

But then Sehun gently pushed her so she was now lying on the couch. He hovered over her and she suddenly went silent, aware of the close proximity between them. “It’s okay if you won’t give the book back to me,” Sehun whispered dangerously low, “Because I already have the author for my whole life.” And he smiled. One thing Haneul realized was Sehun looked dangerously handsome in this kind of angle, and her heart tried to betray her because of that as it started beating faster than she thought it could be.

Haneul pushed him away on the chest when she managed to calm her raging heartbeat. Sehun noticed her blushing face and couldn’t help but chuckle at her adorable expression. She threw the book to him before settling herself back, sitting at the couch properly, fanning her hot face.

Sehun watched her with so much affection shining from his eyes. “Wanna know a story behind this signature?” He offered. The girl turned her head to him and nodded. Sehun took a deep breath before starting the story.

“You should’ve told me, Sehun.”

The man just shook his head. “I was afraid. I was afraid that you would refuse. So I used my father to court you.” Sehun chuckled weakly. “I’m a coward, aren’t I?” She smiled as she held his hand. “And that’s why I’m going to wait. No matter how long you’re going to take, I’m going to wait. Because it’s a thing that I’ve been fighting for a long time, and I will never give up.”

Haneul went silent as she caressed his cheek.

“I love you, Sweetheart.” Sehun tried carefully.

But as he was expected, Haneul still couldn’t say anything back.

“Thank you, Sehun.” He looked at her deeply, wanted to let something out, but he didn’t know why his tongue felt numb. “Thank you, for never giving up on me.” With that, Haneul promised herself that she would tell him back, those words he showered her with, a lot.

 

 

 

 

 

“It will take around a month to review this newly script. When they finished with that, I will call you again later.” The man in front of her said with finality in his tone. “The producer really loves the plot, and he said he’s going to court a nice and fit actor and actress for the main characters.”

“I’m so glad to hear that.”

“And they would need you as the author to come to the routine meeting for the script review. We will arrange the schedule and make sure to fit all your schedule too.”

“Yes. Thank you so much Mr. Park. Please let me know when everything’s set.”

Haneul was about to go out from the publisher’s office—as she couldn’t wait to convey this good news to Sehun—when she realized that her phone was out of battery. As she needed to wait for Sehun to pick her up, she walked to the nearest café and ordered a drink before settling herself down to charge the battery.

Let me know when you’re coming. She sent a text to Sehun, telling him that she already finished and currently waiting at the café.

He replied right away, Sure, Darling. Still need to wrap up the meeting. It’ll take some more time, will you be okay to wait?

 No problem. Be safe on your way.

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been almost two hours, but Sehun hasn’t even called her again when she checked her phone for the umpteenth time. She didn’t want to interfere as she knew very well how busy he’s been these days after the throne was officially handed to him a month ago. With all the new policies that needed to be implemented, and the new environment he was working with, Haneul could see that he was struggling a bit. He went back home looking tired, but never forget to ask her how her days have been.

She took the last sip of her chamomile brew when a call came to her phone. But it was not Sehun.

“Good evening, Mrs. Oh.”

“Yes,” She suddenly shuddered. She didn’t even know why but suddenly feeling like she’s going to throw up everyth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter