The First Days

For my Unnie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sage stepped into the dorm. She couldn't contain her nerves as she was about to meet and live with her favourite kpop group: EXO. “This way please” one of the EXO managers, Youngjun pointed in the direction of voices. Sage and Youngjun took off their shoes and walked down the hallway, passing what she guessed to be the member’s rooms. Everyone stopped talking when she stepped into the lounge, filled with all the EXO members. Then she saw him. Her ultimate bias-Byun Baekhyun. FRICKEN BYUN BAEKHYUN! Sage could feel her cheeks getting hot. She adjusted her clothes slightly, suddenly more aware of who and where she was. “Guys, i’d like to introduce you to sage, your new member! I hope you will make her feel welcome.” Youngjun turned to her and told her that the members will look after her and show her to her room. Once Youngjun had left, the members made their introductions. Baekhyun was last, sighing as he stood up. He walked over to her and grabbed her hand and bowed. “Byun Baekhyun. But you can call me Baekhyun, or Baekhyunnie or oppa if you'd like.” sage couldn't stop looking at his eyes. Classic Baekhyun to be wearing eyeliner. “She's staring at him Hyung, maybe she likes him…”

“No i'm not!, i'm just, umm.. Nervous” sage turned to the owner of the voice and saw that it was Kyungsoo, her old bias. She mutters a slight curse to her friend, Portia, the one that put her in this situation. Portia was dating Oh Sehun and was the one that recommended Sage to S.M Entertainment. Portia was training for S.M Ent. and had been for the past 3 years.  Sage had only been in training for a year but was also debuting in the same group- EXO.  “You’re friends with Portia, right?”

“Yea”

“Cool” Sehun walked over to Joonmyun and whispered something in his ear that made him smile

“Good idea” Joonmyun got up and walked over to sage. “Sehun and i have made the decision as to who’s room you’ll be sleeping in”. He tilted his head towards Jongdae. “You’ll be staying with Jongdae. I’m sure he’ll show you to his room and this is only until we have a spare room for you” Jongdae got up and picked up her suitcase. “Follow me” he grumbled. He walked down the hallway, dragging her suitcase behind him. He stopped outside the nearest door and opened it, revealing a basic room with a piano in one corner, two beds side-by-side with a small table separating them, a desk with a laptop and some microphones. “Don’t touch them, they belong to me”

“Ok then” Jongdae pointed at the bed closest to the door. “Your bed. This is where you can put your clothes and stuff”

“Thanks” Sage got the feeling that Jongdae didn't like her but she just brushed it off, thinking that it was just because he had to share a room with her. Jongdae soon left the room and sage was left to unpack.

After a few minutes she heard loud voices and laughs. Shortly after she heard footsteps coming down the hallway. The oak door slowly opened and sage kept unpacking. “UNNIE!!!” sage turned around to see portia standing in the doorway. “OMG Portia!!!” sage got up to hug Portia but she stepped back. “Sorry forgot you don't like hugs lol”

“It's ok, need help?” Portia crouched down beside her and started to help place the clothes in the drawers. “So i see you're staying with Jongdae”

“Yea, but i don't think he likes me”

“Really?”

“Yea, he told me not to touch any of his stuff”

“That's not like him… what did he say exactly?”

“Don’t touch them, they belong to me. That's what he said to me as soon as I entered the room” Portia hid a smile as she picked up a pair of jeans. “I'm sure it’ll be fine”

“Yea, i hope so… are you staying here?”

“Yea, just for tonight, just so you get used to the boys and to make sure they don't tease you too much”

“Thanks” Sage and Portia finished unpacking and walked down to the lounge.

“Kyungsoo, shall we cook tea for everyone? Minseok, i think you should show her around. Then at tea time you can all can get to know sage and she can get to know you guys”. Portia turned to Kyungsoo and tilted her head and Kyungsoo replied with a simple nod. He got up from the soft brown couch and walked gracefully across the carpeted lounge to the kitchen. Once they were out of earshot of the others, Portia grabbed Kyungsoo by the shoulders and spun him around. Looking him in the eyes, Portia gave him a serious look. “Look, i want you to look after Sage when i'm not here. She’s new here and i want her to fit in without the boys freaking her out with any flirting with each other and her. Promise you'll look after my Unnie?”

“I don't think that’s my job though…”

“Oppa, please, she’s never been to Seoul before, yet alone Korea and you know what it was like for me when i first arrived here… please?” Portia gave him puppy eyes and empathised the ‘Please’, making Kyungsoo agree. “Fine”

“Thanks”

“You really care for her don't you?”

“She's my friend, of course i do”

 

“And this is the bathroom, the toilet is through here…”

“This place is kinda small for nine members…”

“Eleven members…”

“Sorry, i'm new to all of this…”

“It's okay, you'll get used to it, we all did”. Minseok turned around and walked back down the dimly lit hallway back to the lounge to where all the members except Portia and Kyungsoo were watching tv. Yixing looked up as Minseok sat down on his usual seat. “Come sit here” Yixing shuffled over to let Sage sit down between him and Jongin. Sage felt eyes on her and she looked up to see Baekhyun look down at his feet. ’ Was Baekhyun just staring at me?’ she thought. Sage just brushed it off and settled down to watch tv.  After about an hour, Portia and Kyungsoo brought out Teriyaki noodles with chicken. Kyungsoo handed her a pair of chopsticks and his hand brushed against her own. He smiled down at her and walked to his seat and sat down. “Move over Jongin” Portia sat next to Sage and started eating her noodles. The room was silent while everyone ate, until Sage got a hit of Wasabi, making her eyes fill with tears and making her gasp. Portia and Chanyeol burst out in laughter. Joonmyun got up and ran to the kitchen to get a drink for her while Minseok grabbed Portia’s and Chanyeol’s plate before they spilled sauce all over the couch. Sage glared at Portia, making her shut up instantly. “Sorry, but your facial expressions were kind of funny…” Joonmyun returned with a drink of milk for Sage and she gulped it down in a matter of seconds. “What is wrong with you?!” Sage heard Baekhyun snigger from across the room. She ignored him. “Sorry, I forgot that you don’t like spice…” Sage just glared at her but continued eating.



 

“Hurry up!” Kyungsoo yelled down the hallway. Everyone had decided to go to the street karaoke to ease the tension between the members. Sehun came running down the hall with Portia on his back. He ended running into Kyungsoo and causing Portia to fall off.  “Right let's go” Portia simply got up and walked out the door. Soon after the other members entered the van as well. The EXO members had masks on to hide their identity while Portia and Sage sat in the back. Portia’s teaser hadn’t been released yet so she didn't need to worry about being recognised. They arrived at the street Karaoke and they all piled out of the van and down to the booths. They split up into three booths with Sage, Baekhyun and Jongin in one, Joonmyun, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Yixing in the next and Portia, Sehun and Minseok in the last one. They all took turns picking songs. Sage, Baekhyun and Jongin all sang Bang Bang Bang by Big Bang. Joonmyun, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Yixing sung Ring Ding Dong by SHINee and  Portia, Sehun and Minseok sung I Got a Boy by Girls’ Generation. They all spent a couple of hours singing songs and swapping the members around. They all broke a few records. After they were finished, they walked to the Korean BBQ place across the street. They had to sit in separate booths but they didn't mind.Portia and Sehun sat next to each other with Portia’s head on Sehun’s chest. Sage was talking to Minseok. They were really starting to get along and she found that he was the easiest  to talk to. They soon started to cook their food with the two people at the end of the booth fetching the side dishes. They also ordered some Soju. They were all enjoying their meals when a waiter came up and started to flirt with Sage. She went bright red. Baekhyun and Minseok noticed that she was looking uncomfortable and was looking at them for help. Baekhyun told Kyungsoo to swap with him and Baekhyun slid into the seat. He put his arm around her and asked if she had eaten enough and she nodded. He grabbed her head and gently placed it on his chest. Sage closed her eyes. She was exhausted from her flight and despite all the noise, she soon fell asleep.


 

Baekhyun glared at the waiter. “What do you think you are doing hitting on my girlfriend?”

“I'm so sorry sir, i didn’t realise…”

“No, shut up and leave us alone” the waiter then bowed and walked away.

“Are you alright?” Minseok asked her. No reply.

Baekhyun brushed her hair away and Minseok leaned over the table and saw that her eyes were shut. “She's asleep…”

“Crap”

“Everyone finish your meals quickly, we’ve got to get this girl home to bed” everyone started shoving the rest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter