meeting you

mémento: hundred days in frames
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jeongguk’s smile is glued onto his face as his finger presses the camera button, capturing the man in front of him. In that moment, he knows he has found his muse. The man’s eyes and his perfect figure, with beautiful curves and a beautiful face, change every time Jeongguk tells him a new concept. He doesn’t have to direct him to pose because he already knows how to look good in front of a camera. And Jeongguk loves that.

 

“Ok!” Jeongguk shouts as he puts his big camera down on the table. “That’s it. That’s the last frame,” he says.

 

The man— Kim Taehyung—lets out a sigh of relief. He bows to the staff, with a wide smile on his face. “Thank you for your hard work!” he says. Jeongguk walks towards him and stretches out his hand. “Good job, Taehyung-ssi.” Taehyung grasps Jeongguk’s hand, smile still on his face. “Thank you, Jeongguk-ssi. Take care of my photos, please,” he says.

 

Jeongguk lets out a chuckle. “Well, I don’t have to work hard to make your photos any better. You always looks good on camera anyway.”

 

Taehyung’s cheeks flush red. “It’s an honor to have such a talented photographer say that.” He lets out a crisp, beautiful laugh, and then turns around. “I think Namjoon hyung is calling me. Thank you for today, Jeongguk-ssi,” he bows before walking away from Jeongguk, leaving the other with a smile still glued to his face.

 

 

Jeongguk stares at his computer screen, smiling as he scrolls down. A hand taps his back. “Oh, hyung,” he says when he sees Yoongi standing behind him. Yoongi puts an Iced Americano down on Jeongguk’s desk and pulls over a chair beside him. “What are you doing smiling like that in the middle of the night?”

 

“Checking today’s photos,” Jeongguk answers, makes the older snorts. “You mean, checking Kim Taehyung’s photos?”  Yoongi’s words make Jeongguk choke on his Americano, leaving a bitterness inside his throat. “You’re really too obvious, Jeon Jeongguk.”

 

Jeongguk sighs. “I think I love him, hyung,” he says seriously. But Yoongi bursts out laughing instead. “You—what?”

 

Jeongguk pouts his lips. “I love him,” he repeats. He just knows Yoongi will laugh at him like this. Yoongi laughs louder this time. “I’m serious, hyung.”

 

“Sorry,” Yoongi tries to stop laughing. “But I mean—you just met him today, for the first time, and you say you love him?”

 

“Is that wrong?” Yoongi cackles. “It’s just impossible, Jeonggukie.”

 

“Don’t you know about love at first sight?” Yoongi’s laugh really annoys him. Jeongguk just doesn’t get it, what’s wrong with that?

 

“Love at first sight?” Yoongi cackles again. “That’s all bull,” he says as he ruffles Jeongguk’s hair. He gets up from his seat. “There’s nothing like that in real life, kid,” he says and leaves. Jeongguk scratches his head.

 

What the hell is wrong with that? He sighs.

 

 

Liked by genius.studio, kim.yeom, and 3,192 others

jeonjk Captured with Canon EOS 700D.

A beautiful sunrise, indeed.

View all 289 comments

genius.studio kid, s l e e p

gyugyu97 you have to bring me there next time

jeonjk @genius.studio S T F U gramps it’s 7 pm here

jeonjk @gyugyu97 go with your wonwoo 😋

vante1230 oh it’s nice. better go there if i get my holiday

1 hour ago. 

 

Jeongguk eyes widens when he sees Kim Taehyung’s comment and like on the photo he just posted. Not long after that, a new notification comes in.

 

vante1230 started following you. 1m

 

It doesn’t take long time for Jeongguk to press the follow back button on his phone’s screen. He clicks Taehyung’s profile and his immediately smiles when he sees Taehyung’s photos. His Instagram account is full of aesthetics. Some photos from his photoshoot, some of selcas, and his own photographs. Jeongguk can see that he’s a talented photographer. Jeongguk doesn’t think too much when he clicks the heart symbol below Taehyung’s photos. He puts down his phone, but then a notification comes.

 

vante1230 commented: WOAH thank you for the likes @jeonjk such an honor 🐯😇

 

Jeongguk really wants to scream when he sees Taehyung mention him. But like it’s not enough—maybe it’s Jeon Jeongguk day—he gets a direct message too. The notification makes him jump, and he almost throws his phone.

 

Jeongguk quickly gets a hold of himself and types a reply.

 

 

And after that, they keep liking and commenting on each other’s posts. It’s one of Jeongguk’s daily tasks to check Taehyung’s account, like his photos and likewise for Taehyung.

 

Until the day comes. The day he has to work with Kim Taehyung. The day that he can finally meet Kim Taehyung again after only chatting (does liking photos count as talking?) with him on Instagram. His heart thumps quickly. He turns on his phone’s front camera and checks himself over. “Hyung!” he calls Yoongi who’s passing his room.

 

The door opens and Yoongi pops out his head. “What?” Jeongguk stands up and opens his arms. “How do I look?” he asks.

 

Yoongi steps into Jeongguk’s room and looks the younger from head to toe. He clicks his tongue. “You look like you normally do,” he answers halfheartedly. “Why do you ask? You never cared about your looks before. You always wear your ugly plain white tees.” Yoongi throws himself on a sofa at the corner of the room.

 

Jeongguk sniggers in disbelief. “Look here, gramps. You’re not that different with me.” He checks the older out. “What’s with this all-black look? At least I still wear my ripped jeans, not all-black clothes like you, gramps,” he gets back at the older.

 

Well, he’s right. Yoongi is no different than him. “You have a photoshoot today?” Yoongi asks as he lights a cigarette between his lips. Jeongguk nods. “With Taehyung.”

 

“Oh, I see,” Yoongi nods repeatedly. “Well, good luck. Don’t do stupid things just because you fell for him,” says Yoongi before leaving the room, waving his hand.

 

Yoongi-hyung is right. Don’t do stupid things, Jeon Jeongguk. He repeats Yoongi’s words in his head as he grasps his car key and leaves to the photoshoot location.

 

 

Get yourself together, Jeon Jeongguk. 

 

Jeongguk yells at himself, regretting how much of a coward he is at the moment. The photoshoot location is already packed with staff and models—and there’s Kim Taehyung who sits effortlessly on a table, surrounded by people who laugh and talk with him. His laugh can be heard so clearly from where Jeongguk stands.

 

Jeongguk’s been staring at him since he came a few minutes ago. The people who can talk and make him laugh are really lucky. If Yoongi were here, he’d say “Just ing talk to him. It’s not that hard. Say hi and you’re done.” But it’s different for Jeongguk. He’s a shy grown up man who will never talk with a stranger—let alone talk with someone he has crush on. He will never do that. Never.

 

Jeongguk subconsciously aims his camera at Taehyung, capturing every moment he moves. He wants to capture Taehyung’s smile. That’s all. But then suddenly Taehyung turns to him, smiles, and gives a slight bow. Jeongguk puts down his camera instantly.

 

. He freezes on his place, giving an awkward smile in reply. You’re done, Jeon Jeongguk. He swears at himself, regretting the action. The photoshoot hasn’t even started yet but he’s already a mess. Jeongguk sighs when Sooyoung—his style coordinator—tells him that everyone is ready.

 

Let’s just get over it quickly. Jeongguk nods to himself, assuring himself that everything will be fine. He clasps his hands. “Let’s get started!”

 

 

The shoot goes smoothly. Thankfully, Jeongguk doesn’t mess up when it’s Taehyung’s turn. Even though his heart is beating like crazy because Taehyung looks so flawless and amazing today—well, he always looks amazing—he doesn’t mess up. When he’s done Jeongguk puts his camera into his bag. “I’m going to the restroom,” he says to his assistant as he leaves the studio.

 

Jeongguk washes his face as soon as he arrives at the restroom. It’s the end. He’s really nervous. He’s afraid he’ll mess up the entire photoshoot because of Kim Taehyung. He keeps stealing glances at him even as he takes other models. He’s too distracted by Kim Taehyung, by his pink lips, by his black satin choker, by his pink pastel low cut shirt. He’s glowing today. And distracting.

 

“Well, it’s over, Jeongguk. You’ll be fine,” he says to himself in the mirror. He washes his face again and then suddenly hears someone step in.

 

“Oh? Jeongguk-ssi,” a deep husky voice calls his name. He jumps when he sees the flawless and amazing man in front of him, standing barefaced in his comfortable clothes. . Jeongguk freezes in his place and can’t say anything. Taehyung walks closer and his head up. He waves his hand in front of Jeongguk’s face. “Are you ok?” he asks.

 

“Ah,” Jeongguk gets back to his senses. “Y-yea, I’m ok. Hello, Taehyung-ssi.” Taehyung smiles as he straightens his body up and walks past Jeongguk. Jeongguk’s stunned at how beautiful Taehyung is even without any makeup.

 

“Ah, I wanna ask about the place. What is the name again? Hulstut?” Taehyung asks as he pulls a paper towel and use his long slender hands to wipe the water from his face.

 

“Hallstatt,” Jeongguk corrects him.

 

“Ah, right. That place. Please tell me more,” Taehyung says. “Ah, sure we can—,” Jeongguk stops when he hears his phone ringing. Yoongi. He quickly presses the ignore button before sliding it back into his pocket.

 

“Heol,” Taehyung suddenly says. “You like Kimi No Nawa?”

 

Jeongguk furrows his brows together.  Taehyung asks more clearly. “I mean, your ringtone. That’s the OST of the movie right?”

 

“Ah, yea.”

 

“I love the movie so ing much,” Taehyung says excitedly. “Looks like we have the same taste... Because your style of photograph is kinda like mine too,” he adds. “Ah, you’re right. Yea, it looks like we have the same taste,” Jeongguk agrees.

 

Taehyung suddenly takes out his phone. “Can I have your kakao id or phone number? So I can ask you about the Hallstatt too.” Jeongguk of course nods quickly—too quickly—and reaches for the other’s phone, typing in his number and kakao id, and then giving it back. “Here you go.”

 

Taehyung grins widely. “Thanks.” He looks at his wristwatch. “Oh, I have to go. Let’s talk later!” He waves his hands, still smiling widely as he walks away.

 

 

“Hyung, guess what?” Jeongguk clings onto Yoongi who has just arrived at their apartment.

 

Yoongi sighs. “What?”

 

“Taehyung asked for my number and told me to have coffee together with him!” Jeongguk tells the older excitedly, grinning widely from ear to ear, exposing his bunny teeth.

 

“Hm, good for you, kid,” Yoongi replies half-heartedly. Jeongguk’s already used to his cold and savage personality, so he doesn’t care. He just feels a need to tell someone about Taehyung. He needs to express his happiness and excitement to someone. And Yoongi just happened to be at the wrong place in the wrong time. Jeongguk grins as he links his hands with Yoongi’s arm. “I’m really happy, hyung.”

 

Yoongi sighs again, this time longer than before. “I’m not blind, Jeon Jeongguk. I know you’re really ing happy,” he brushes the younger’s hands off. “I’m really ing tired, ok?” he ruffles the back of Jeongguk’s head and then walks into his room. Jeongguk backs into his room, laying down on his bed, looking at the white plain ceiling above him. His smile appears again when he all of the sudden sees Taehyung’s beautiful face on the ceiling before him, smiling like an angel.

You’re crazy, Jeonggukkie, Yoongi would say that if he sees him in this state. He doesn’t know how, but Taehyung really keeps messing with his mind. It’s like he’s running through his head, over and over.

 

You’re a mess, Jeon Jeongguk.

 

 

Jeongguk tries to hold back his laugh. He doesn't want the other hyungs look at him with strange-look. He clicks the direct message menu, waiting Taehyung to send him something.

 

 

Jeongguk can’t hold back his laugh anymore. He bursts out laugh as he reads the message Taehyung just sent. He tilts his head up, eyes meeting Jimin, Yoongi and Seokjin who look at him with what-the-hell-you-doing-kid looks.

 

“Guk-ah, are you ok?” Jimin asks seriously. He looks really worried. Jeongguk can’t stop laughing. He wipes tears from the corner of his eyes. “I-I’m fine,” he forces out, then bursts out laughing again.

 

“Let him be. He’s going crazy because of Kim Taehyung,” says Yoongi. Jimin and Seokjin turn to Yoongi in confusion at the same time. “The model that he said to be his first-glance-love,”

 

“What?”

 

“Ask him yourself, Jiminie,” Yoongi says as he gets up from his seat. “Hyung, let’s go. I’m hungry.” He walks off. “Ya! Wait for me,” Seokjin shouts as he quickly gets up and chases after Yoongi.

 

Jimin is left with Jeongguk who is still smiling like a crazy person, staring at his phone screen, cheeks flushed red. “So, it’s Kim Taehyung now?” he asks. Jeongguk only answers a hum. “It’s my first time seeing you, liking someone like this.” Jimin lets out a long sigh. This won’t do, he thinks. His hand quickly snatches the phone from Jeongguk’s grasp.

 

“Ya! Park Jimin!” Jeongguk yells, annoyed. “Aw!” Jimin flicks Jeongguk’s forehead hard. “It’s Jimin Hyung, not Park Jimin, Jeonggukie,” he says, emphasizing the words hyung.

 

Jeongguk sighs in annoyance. “Hyung—,” he whines like a child, eyes sparkling, begging for his phone. He tries to snatch his phone back, but Jimin’s too fast. He avoids Jeongguk, hands busy typing something on it. “Park Jimin, don’t you dare—,” but it’s too late.

 

Jimin smirks as he moves his thumb, pressing it on the tweet button. “Ooops,” he says then puts Jeongguk’s phone down and runs away. “YA!” Jeongguk shouts in anger. He quickly opens his twitter account, hoping Jimin didn’t say anything weird. His jaw drops open when he sees the reply Jimin wrote. . Jeongguk quickly type another reply before Taehyung misunderstands about him. Just when he want to send the reply, a reply comes in.

 

 

Jeongguk stares at his phone screen. It says Taehyung has already seen his message. He bites his nails nervously. What if he’s mad at me? That question keeps lingering in Jeongguk’s mind. you, Park Jimin. He will make sure to get revenge on Jimin. Jimin messed up everything. Jeongguk can’t stay still. He checks his phone, over and over, but there’s no response from Taehyung.

 

Until suddenly his phone rings. Kim Taehyung. In a flash, Jeongguk swipes his thumb over his phone, answering the call quickly. “H-hello? Taehyung-ssi, I’m sorry. Really. Don’t misunderstand. That’s not me. I mean—,” Jeongguk stutters, trying to explain what actually happened. But he stops when he hears Kim Taehyung’s crisp laugh from his phone speaker.

 

“Calm down, Jeon Jeongguk,” he says in the middle of his laughs. “But you really don’t want me to come? I mean, it’s better than playing alone,” he adds.

 

“Ah,” Jeongguk responds. “It’s not that I don’t want you to come. It just—we never really talked before and—,” he didn’t even finish his words when Taehyung cuts him off. “Then let’s meet up. How about coffee?” Taehyung asks, making Jeongguk choke on his own saliva. What? 

 

"Are you not afraid of anything? I mean, you don’t really even know me,” Jeongguk says in disbelief. He’s so carefree.

 

Taehyung giggles. “Are you someone who I should be afraid of?” he asks. “Besides, you’re not a stranger. You’re a famous photographer who happen to have the same interest and hobbies as me,” he continues. Jeongguk sighs. He can’t believe how carefree Taehyung is. He’s an A-rank model and yet he’s not afraid of anything. He’s so different from the coward Jeon Jeongguk who can’t even talk with Kim Taehyung.

 

“So? Are we agreeing to meet?” Taehyung asks again. Honestly, Jeongguk doesn’t have any excuse to reject Taehyung’s request. It’s his chance. But again—he’s just too shy to meet Taehyung outside work. Even for work, he couldn’t talk to Kim Taehyung first.

 

Jeongguk lets out another sigh. “Fine. Let’s have coffee together.” He lost.

 

 

So, here they are. Sitting across each other—Iced Americano in the younger’s hands and a Strawberry Smoothie in the other’s. They don’t talk, just sit across from each other in silence. There’s an awkward air around them. Jeongguk sighs as he sips his coffee. He knew it will be like this. I need to say something, Jeongguk’s determined to break the heavy air between him and Taehyung. But the words just don’t want to come out of his mouth.

 

“So—,” both Jeongguk and Taehyung start talking at the same time. “You—,” they talk at the same time again.

 

A laugh escapes from between Taehyung’s thick-rosy lips. “Why does that seem like something that happens in dramas?” he laughs again. His laugh sounds blissful and warm. It makes Jeongguk smile just hearing it.

 

“Anyway,” Taehyung covers his mouth with his palm, trying to hold back a laugh. “Looks like we have some similarities.”

 

“Looks like we do.” Jeongguk lets out a giggle. “I thought you wouldn’t like something like this,” he continues. Taehyung his head to the side. “Why?”

 

“Well,” Jeongguk sips his coffee before continuing. “You always looks so fancy and unreachable, honestly.” At least, to me.

 

“Oh, really? I thought I was reachable enough for everyone,” Taehyung says. 

 

Well, it’s not at least to me, Jeongguk answers without saying it out loud.

 

“Anyway, you can be comfortable with me. Let’s use banmal from now,” Taehyung suggests.

 

“Eh? But you’re older. How can I use banmal on you?” Jeongguk shakes his head strongly.

 

“It’s fine. We’re only 2 years apart. It’s nothing. Just try it,” Taehyung orders.

 

Jeongguk sighs. “Ok, Taehyung—,” he hesitates. “Hyung,” he adds quickly. Taehyung giggles. “Just call me Tae,” he says. “What should I call you?”

 

“Anything’s fine.”

 

“Then,” he pouts his lips, thinking about it seriously. “Jeonggukie. Or Gukkie?” he calls Jeongguk’s name in his cutely tone, makes the younger flush red. His heart thumps hearing Taehyung call him with the cute nickname. “B-both are fine,” Jeongguk replies shyly.

 

“Ok, then. Let’s have a battle tonight, Gukkie,” Taehyung says all of the sudden. Too random. But it’s Kim Taehyung after all. Jeongguk chuckles then nods. “Alright. Come at me!” He sips his coffee again, lips shaped into a curve.

 

They continue to talk after that, not realizing how much coffee and how many hours they’ve spent together. They starts talking about Overwatch, then anime recommendations, and then their dogs. They slowly fall into a pattern that makes it seem like they’ve already known each other for a long time. “Wow!” Taehyung exclaims. “It’s already so late,” he says, staring at the dark sky.

 

“Yea. We talk too much, Tae.” Now Jeongguk’s used to calling Taehyung comfortably.

 

Taehyung smiles, satisfied by it. “I really didn’t expect it us to have so many similarities.” Jeongguk nods in agreement. “Too many.” They both laugh.

 

“It was really nice to talk with you, Gukkie.” Taehyung props his chin with his palms. “I think I will like you. A lot.” Taehyung throws his deadly smile towards Jeongguk. Thump. It’s not only because the words that Taehyung just said. But Taehyung’s smile always makes Jeongguk’s heart beat like crazy. And the way Taehyung says the word ‘like’ toward him so easily. Like it’s nothing.

 

Jeongguk laughs awkwardly. “You really say whatever you want, Tae.”

 

Taehyung giggles. “I have to go. Have another photoshoot tomorrow morning,” he says as he sips his the last drop of his strawberry smoothie. “I’ll text you or you can tell me when you’re ready for the battle.” He gets up from his seat.

 

Jeongguk gets up too. “I’m always ready. You’re the one who should get ready... Ready to cry when you lose,” he smirks, challenging the older.

 

Taehyung laughs in disbelief. “You’re funny. I won’t. I won’t cry. You’re the one who will cry,” he counter-attacks Jeongguk, not letting the younger win. But both burst out laughing. “Anyway, I’ll text you. Or call you,” Taehyung says again.

 

Jeongguk nods. Taehyung suddenly opens his arms. “Goodbye hug?” Taehyung asks with a smile—his prettiest smile for Jeongguk.

 

Jeongguk hesitates to walks closer. He stays still in his place. It’s not that he doesn’t want to hug Kim Taehyung. Of course he wants it. He ing wants it. But, he’s afraid Taehyung will hear his heartbeat because right now it’s beating like crazy again. Just when he wants to reject Taehyung’s hug, he’s being pulled in. Taehyung wraps his arms around Jeongguk, who freezes, eyes widening, heart beating rapidly. “Goodbye, Gukkie,” Taehyung says as he pats Jeongguk’s back. He takes his arms off then waves his hand and walks away, leaving Jeongguk speechless.

 

What the just happened? Jeongguk asks to himself, still in shock. Then his phone rings, a message from Taehyung.

 

 

Jeongguk doesn’t know how he and Taehyung get close so fast. Maybe because they have so many similarities. Maybe because Jeongguk lost to Taehyung in Overwatch, and both are competitive as . Or maybe it’s just because it’s Kim Taehyung, because Jeongguk is too attracted by his charms. He doesn’t know, but they’re clearly close now. Close enough to spend their free time together playing games or just doing the netflix-and-chill on a Saturday night. Taehyung always comes over to Jeongguk’s apartment, often enough to make him close to Jeongguk’s apartment roommates—especially Jimin. The two look so ing close like long-lost best friends, and sometimes it makes Jeongguk jealous.

 

And now, on Saturday night, like they always do, Taehyung comes to Jeongguk’s apartment with a bag full of anime and movie DVDs they’re going to watch. Jeongguk throws his body down onto a sofa in the living room, finally done cleaning all corners of his apartment. Jimin and Seokjin appear from out of their rooms. They’re ready to go out like they always do.

 

“Taehyung coming again?” asks Seokjin.

 

Jeongguk nods. “Where are you going?” he asks back.

 

“I’m going to meet Sandeul. And Jimin—you know where he will go,” Seokjin running his fingers through his hair, looking at the mirror in the living room. “Oh, I look so damn hot,” he smirks as he's checking himself out.

 

Jimin snorts. “Yoongi hyung will stay for today. Is that fine?”

 

“Oh? He’s not going to Hoseok hyung’s place?” Jeongguk asks. It's a rare for Min Yoongi to not visit his boyfriend's place on Saturday night.

 

Jimin shakes his head. “It’s fine,” he says. “He’ll stay inside his room all day though."

 

Jeongguk nods agreeing what the older said. "You’re going to Namjoon hyung’s place again?” Jimin gets a smile in answer. “I still don’t understand how you and Namjoon hyung can date when you’ve only known him for a month,” Jeongguk clicks his tongue. “I mean, I’m the one who said on the move. But I still didn’t get a chance to date Taehyung. I haven’t even kissed or held his hand. At all. And you kissed Namjoon the first time you met him,” Jeongguk complains, making Jimin and Seokjin burst into laughter.

 

“Heol, you haven’t hold Taehyung’s hand?” asks Seokjin in the middle of his laugh. Jeongguk shakes his head, depressed.

 

“Just kiss him then. You already that close to him,” Seokjin suggests.

 

Jeongguk sighs. “How can I do that?” He sits down, letting another sigh out. “How can I kiss Taehyung all of sudden? As much as I want to kiss him, I can't-do that. I mean, to kiss Kim Tae—,” Jeongguk’s words cut off when he sees Taehyung already standing in front of him. His eyes widen. Damn. Did he hear it?

 

Jimin’s shocked by Taehyung’s sudden appearance. “Tae, how long have you—?”

 

“I just came. Why?” Taehyung asks, not understanding what happened. “Are you all talking bad about me?” he asks as he puts his bag down on the sofa and sits next to Jeongguk who’s still speechless. “What happened?” he asks Jeongguk this time.

 

Jeongguk quickly shakes his head. “Nothing.”

 

“Y-yes. It’s nothing,” Seokjin tries to help Jeongguk. “Anyway, we’re going out. Yoongi’s home but don’t worry he won’t disturb your Saturday night.” Seokjin’s ready to run away.

 

“Oh, it’s fine. Bye, hyung. Bye, Jimin. Have fun!” Taehyung says as he sees Jimin’s and Seokjin’s backs disappearing behind the door. “So, what should we watch tonight?” Taehyung asks, eyes sparkling in excitement. “Should we watch a tear-jerker movie? I brought some of those.” Taehyung takes out the DVDs from his bag. He always brings so many DVDs for their Saturday night movie marathons.

 

He always looks excited. He’d said before, “I always look forward to Saturday night because it means spending high quality time with you.". Whenever he says something like that, it makes Jeongguk’s heart thump so hard. He’s afraid Taehyung will hear it.

 

Jeongguk looks at the DVDs and grabs one of them. “How about this?” He shows the One Litre of Tears DVD to Taehyung. “I think it will be sad,” Jeongguk adds. He watches a smile grow on Taehyung’s face. He likes it.

 

“Sure! Let’s watch it!” he takes the DVD and put them into the DVD player. “Don’t cry when you watch it, Gukkie,” he teases.

 

Jeongguk pouts his lips. “I won’t!” he says firmly, making the older giggle.

 

“I will turn off the lamp,” Taehyung says, answered with a hum by Jeongguk. Taehyung walks toward Jeongguk with light steps, humming a cheerful note. He’s excited. Jeongguk smiles because of it. Taehyung sits next to Jeongguk, coke in his hand. Time flies and they arrive at the of the movie. Taehyung is already leaning on Jeongguk’s shoulder, his body shivering because of the movie. Taehyung sobs, a lot.

 

Jeongguk giggles. “I think you were the one who told me not to cry before?” he teases Taehyung as he gives him tissues. “Wipe your tears. You look ugly,” he teases again.

 

“Guk-ah, it’s so sad,” Taehyung whines and then cries again. Jeongguk pulls Taehyung into his arms, his back gently. “It’s only a movie,” he says.

 

“But Aya really tried hard to survive but in the end she still leaving,” he sighs. “To lost her ability gradually like that, it must be hard. She would be so sad and it must be hard for her,” he says.

 

Jeongguk lets out a sigh but then he smiles. “You’re right. It must be hard for her,” he says, agreeing.

 

 

“Let’s go for a drive,” Taehyung suddenly says when they’re on their phones one night, making Jeongguk choke on his coke—and it hurts. “What?” Jeongguk doesn’t believe what he just heard. “All of the sudden?”

 

Taehyung chuckles and then answers with a hum. “I wanna go to the beach. It’s been a long time since I saw the sea.”

 

Well, it’s not bad, Jeongguk thinks. “Okay, let’s go. I’ll pick you up tomorrow morning,” Jeongguk says.

 

“Roger,” Taehyung sounds so happy, he makes Jeongguk’s smile appear too. “I’ll book a room for us,” he adds.

 

Thump. “What?” Again, Jeongguk chokes. 

 

“Why? Don’t we have to book a room for us to sleep? I wanna see the sunrise too,” he says.

 

Room for us. Those words make Jeongguk nervous, heart beating rapidly. “Ah, yea, sure,” he replies, trying to act like he’s fine. The truth is he’s not. Not at all. After their call, Jeongguk can’t sleep, just imagining sleeping with Taehyung in the same room and maybe in the same bed. Jeongguk will see Taehyung sleeping. He must be so pretty. And what if Taehyung sleeps without any clothes on? What if—

 

ert. You’re a ert Jeon Jeongguk, he says to himself, cheeks already flushed red. “Argh!” he suddenly screams in frustration. He needs to sleep because he needs to drive tomorrow. “Shut the up and sleep, kid!” Yoongi—who’s still struggling with his track in the next room—suddenly yells, popping his head out from behind the door with an annoyed face. He slams the door and leaves.

 

Yes, you have to sleep now, Jeon Jeongguk.

 

 

“…The skies are open toward us

And you are there next to me..”

– In The Summer by Deux –

 

Taehyung sings along with the song that’s playing. He looks so excited and happy Jeongguk can’t help but smile, singing along with him, hands still on the wheel. Jeongguk’s glad he agreed with Taehyung to go. “Are you that happy, hyung?” Jeongguk asks, eyes still focused on the road in front of him.

 

They almost get into an accident when Taehyung suddenly leans toward Jeongguk, chin propped onto one of Jeongguk’s shoulders as he nods repeatedly. “Yes, I’m really that happy,” he grins widely before going back to his seat.

 

“Gosh, hyung, don’t do that, please!” Jeongguk complains, voicing his frustration.

 

“What?” Taehyung asks. Jeongguk doesn’t know whether he really doesn’t know or if he pretends to not understand what Jeongguk means. “What did I do?”

 

Jeongguk sighs. “I mean, don’t suddenly lean towards me or too close or whatever it is. Don’t surprise me while I’m driving,” he explains in annoyance. There’s a slight angry tone in Jeongguk’s voice.

 

Taehyung pouts. “Sorry.” He’s mad. Jeongguk knows that because all of sudden Taehyung becomes quiet and keeps avoiding Jeongguk’s eyes, just staring outside the window. Jeongguk lets out a frustrated sigh. “Are you mad?” Jeongguk takes a glance at Taehyung. But the older doesn’t answer him. “Ah, hyung. I’m sorry, ok?”

 

But it’s useless. Taehyung ignores him. Completely.

 

Jeongguk lets out a long sigh. They don’t talk until they reach to their destination. Taehyung—who clearly still mad at Jeongguk—walks out from the car as soon as Jeongguk parks, without saying a word at all. Jeongguk takes his camera and follows Taehyung from behind. He aims his camera towards Taehyung, capturing the back of the older.

 

“Don’t you dare take my picture, Jeon Jeongguk-ssi,” Taehyung warns Jeongguk, making the younger quickly put down his camera, flustered.

 

“S-sorry.” Taehyung turns his back from Jeongguk and walks away. “Hyung,” Jeongguk calls him.

 

“Hm?”

 

“Don’t mad at me...”

 

“Who’s mad at you?” Taehyung asks.

 

“You’re clearly mad at me,” Jeongguk answers. Now, they both walks side by side. “I’ll treat you to something but please stop ignoring me. It’s frustrating,” Jeongguk continues. He thinks Taehyung will turn down his offer because Taehyung looks really mad this time.

 

But then, Taehyung grins and puts his arm around Jeongguk’s shoulder. “You promise, right? Treat me for meat and beer tonight then,” he says.

 

“What the hell, hyung! I really thought you were mad at me!” Jeongguk hits Taehyung’s arms jokingly. Taehyung bursts out laughing. “I really am mad at you. But not that mad,” he says before continuing to laugh. “It just so fun teasing you, you know.” 

 

Jeongguk lays down as he sighs in relief. “Were you that afraid?” Taehyung asks as he pulls out Jeongguk’s arm and lays down with his head on Jeongguk’s arm.

 

Jeongguk hums. “Very. I can’t imagine what would happen if you ignored me while we’re on a trip like this. It’s frustrating, really.”

 

Taehyung chuckles. “Such a cutie.” He pinches Jeongguk’s cheeks. “I thought you’d be like a cool guy. It turns out you’re really a cutie. A baby.”

 

“Stop it, hyung,” Jeongguk complains, moving the other’s hands away. “Let’s have fun today, no sulking today. Ok?” Jeongguk gives out his pinky finger, waiting for the older to tie it with his. Taehyung giggles but gives his pinky, tying it with the younger’s. “Fine, no sulking,” he says. “Now, let’s go,” he intertwines his other fingers with Jeongguk’s then pulls him towards the sea.

 

They laugh, they run, they’re happy. Very happy.

 

Taehyung sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter