Chapter 12

The Lucky One

Joohyun's POV

I was very excited for the concert today.... Until Jongdae called me and told me he had something to attend to. It was a family gathering. He did not want to go but he was forced to. I suddenly missed Yixing because he would accompany me if I ask him. But he'll return tomorrow.

 

Jongdae  told me he was going to send one of our class mates to attend with me.

 

I saw Kim Junmyeon outside the store. I had my finger crossed hoping Kim Junmyeon was not the classmate Jongdae sent.

 

I called Jongdae "Jongdae! Who did you send?" I said with my shaky voice. My heart started to beat very fast.

 

"Our President. He told me he's outside. Did you see him?" He said. Maybe he does not know that Junmyeon thinks I am his rival.

 

I feel my heart sank when he confirmed  he sent Kim Junmyeon.

 

Junmyeon knocked at our store's building as if he's telling me to hurry up.

 

I went outside the store. I wanted to run away but I can't.

 

"What are you waiting for? Let's go! We'll be late" he said. He really loves to rush people. He forgot I was injured.

 

We rode his car to the concert hall. When we arrived he looked at me from head to toe. I started to become conscious.

 

"What are you wearing? I've never seen you wear skirts. Except when you wear your uniform" he said.

 

I seldom wear skirts because it's not comfortable if I wear skirts to work. I just want to look pretty for the concert. Good thing he did not notice my shoes. He hated that shoes so much.

 

"And why are you wearing that shoes?" He still noticed it. I don't know why he likes noticing my shoes

 

"I came from my part-time and I do not want to wear my white shoes when I work." I said. I only have 3 pairs of rubber shoes. The 2 are light colored and this one is my only dark shoes.

 

"By the way, how's your foot? You can't jump" He asked

 

"I went to a doctor yesterday, he said I need to wear a bandage for 2 weeks. I don't know if I can resist jumping. Especially Infinite is the first act" I said.

 

The concert started and INFINITE was the first act!! My favorite boy group. I screamed my lungs out. I forgot Junmyeon was beside me. He stared at me but I did not care. I also forgot my foot was injured.

 

When Red Velvet performed, it's my first time hearing Junmyeon hummed to the song and tapped his foot to the rhythm. When it reached the he stood and shouted. I never thought he would listen to that kind of music. Maybe he also forgot I was there.

 

When the act was done he was back to normal.

 

When the concert was done,my foot was very painful and I was hungry. I just hoped that he would not hear my stomach grumbling.

 

"Yah your bandage became loose from all your jumping." He squatted down and fixed the bandage. He really knows how to fix the bandage. Maybe because he has been studying first aid. "Do you even know how to put the bandage properly? It's just very easy. " he really has to brag that he has that skills

 

"Do you want me to break your foot? So  you try putting the bandage by yourself. It's easier to break your foot than to put the bandage." I joked.

 

"Try it!" He said. I started to run to him then he started to run.

 

The car arrived while we were running.

 

Then suddenly..."grrrr" my stomach grumbled. And he heard it. It was very embarrassing for him to hear that. I don't even know why I always get hungry after concerts. Maybe because I don't eat before the concerts.

 

 "If your hungry let's eat first. I'm hungry too" he said. I did not want to spend a long time with him. So I told him that I will eat with Rosè.

 

"Her house is far and I would hear your stomach the whole ride. So ahjussi stop the car" he said. I was already refusing because I did not bring money too.

 

He insisted. I looked at the menu and the food was very expensive so I chose the cheapest. I think he noticed it

 

"Don't worry about the price it's my treat. Just don't tell anyone what you saw during the concert." He said. I felt relieved and I found it funny when he reminded me how he looked during the concert.

 

I had free food and I was also able to see a new side of Junmyeon too.

 

Junmyeon's POV

Jongdae called me a while a go "Junmyeon, I know you don't want to be exposed about being a fan of Red Velvet. But I did not want to leave Joohyun alone. Can you please go with her" he said. Only Jongdae and Sehun know I am a fan of Red Velvet. But it does not seem like it because I know how to hide it.

 

"What will you pay me if I go?" I asked

 

"I'll buy you an album and treat you lunch for the whole week" he said

 

I obviously accepted the offer. Why would I not? I will see Red Velvet and Jongdae will treat me and buy me an album.

 

I waited for Joohyun outside the store. She looked shocked when she knew I was going.

 

When we arrived I noticed she was wearing a skirt. She looks good in skirts. She should wear more skirts.

 

Then I noticed her shoes again. Her shoes really needs to be changed.

 

When INFINITE performed she looked happy and totally forgot her foot.

 

I could not help myself staring at her. She seems happy

 

I tried to resist when Red Velvet performed... But I failed. BIGTIME!!

 

When we entered the car, I heard her stomach grumble. It was quite cute. I offered to treat her for dinner. She resisted but I insisted.

 

She picked the cheapest food maybe she did not have money. I found an opportunity to ask her to keep me fanboying as a secret so I offered to treat her food.

 

When I dropped her off I decided to buy her shoes. I called her best friend to know her shoe size.

 

There were pretty shoes that caught my eye. "Excuse me do you have a size 245?" I asked the sales lady. When she gave me the shoe I immediately bought it. I will give it to her tomorrow. I just hope I will not lose the right timing again.

 

Rosè's POV

I heard that Joohyun went to the concert with Mr. Pres. I sense something. I think mu hunch is right

 

I felt more assured when he asked me her shoe size. My best friend is lucky. I hope Baek would be like that.